• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA With Less Than Ten Copies in the CGC Census
31 31

2,844 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Yorick said:

How about a ZERO census copy?  I love this Crandall cover!

Staples have almost pulled through the cover so I didn't want to remove it from the bag...

Crack56.jpg

Neat.  Not often you see a book from one of the big publishers with no copies graded.

Not a well known book, but it literally took me five years to find a copy after seeing the cover in the Photo Journal.  Currently 1 CGC graded copy at 4.5. Mine is 8.0 graded by another company.5915bacbdf3b0_RustyComics15PGX8_0F.thumb.jpg.6f358c0d85dba93b0cd721689656e246.jpg

Edited by skybolt

There are still a lot of holes in the census with no graded copy books, mostly late run low value stuff, or late forties, early fifties titles with little collector interest. I did a quick perusal of the census, checking a half dozen lower interest titles, and the earliest NGC book I found was Feature #45 ( 6/41), does anyone know of one earlier?

8 minutes ago, rjpb said:

There are still a lot of holes in the census with no graded copy books, mostly late run low value stuff, or late forties, early fifties titles with little collector interest. I did a quick perusal of the census, checking a half dozen lower interest titles, and the earliest NGC book I found was Feature #45 ( 6/41), does anyone know of one earlier?

There were multiple centaurs that were zeros until cgc graded berks stuff last months 

More Funs are generally tough, but the #'s 40-51 seem to be especially so. This one has only 4 copies. The have a huge grade range too, the lowest at a 0.5 and the highest at 9.4. Mine falls right in the middle:

image.jpeg

Edited by IngelsFan