• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED: GA/SA High Grade and Pedigrees
9 9

306 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

I am making decisions day by day whether to add to the thread and, if so, what books to include.  I do know that I will add a few more later today but haven't figured exactly which.

I will do my first mailing this weekend to allow any current purchaser to add to their shipment and save on postage. 

I do appreciate the positive feedback from the Likes and those that have commented in the thread.

Any GA Batman's

31 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

I am making decisions day by day whether to add to the thread and, if so, what books to include.  I do know that I will add a few more later today but haven't figured exactly which.

More Sci-Fi! (great thread by the way!)

***SOLD***

Journey Into Unknown Worlds 13:  There have been a couple request for Atlas horror so this is the first of a couple Atlas horror books.  The beautiful black cover is flat with sharp corners and only the tiniest of spine ticks and a transfer stain on the back cover.  If you are an Everett fan, this is great work from the master.  If you aren't an Everett fan, there's still time to repent. :insane:  Census:  2 in 9.2 tied for highest.  NM- with cr/ow pages for $800.

JIUW13.jpg

JIUW13bk.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

Classics Illustrated 78 (1st Print) Vancouver:  This saintly comic blinds in sunlight and glows in the dark with absolutely amazing white pages typical of a Vancouver copy.  Joan of Arc's story is told through very attractive art.  Census:  Sole highest.  De-slabbed CGC 9.4 white for $1200.

Label will be shipped with the comic.

Classics78.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

15 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

Journey Into Unknown Worlds 13:  There have been a couple request for Atlas horror so this is the first of a couple Atlas horror books.  The beautiful black cover is flat with sharp corners and only the tiniest of spine ticks and a transfer stain on the back cover.  If you are an Everett fan, this is great work from the master.  If you aren't an Everett fan, there's still time to repent. :insane:  Census:  2 in 9.2 tied for highest.  NM- with cr/ow pages for $800.

JIUW13.jpg

JIUW13bk.jpg

Take it

Big Town 1:  You know it's a #1 because it doesn't have a number.  That was DC's strategy to disguise it since a #1 meant new/risky back on the newsstands of the 50s.  The noirish cover is by Carmine Infantino. Census: Sole highest.  Having removed the book from the slab I think the pages are fresh and would probably be ow/w if re-submitted. De-slabbed CGC old label 9.6 cr/ow for $1800.

Label will be shipped with comic.

BigTown1.jpg

BigTown1bk.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

***SOLD***

Mystery Tales 5 Spokane:  Census: 1 in 9.2.  This superb copy has a lovely blue background superior to any other copy I've seen.  I'm not detailing any particular defects because there's nothing of note.  The pages are amazing for an Atlas comic.  If you've seen a Spokane in person then you'll understand how amazing they look out of the mylar.  If you haven't, now's your chance!  NM+ with white pages.

The line down the center of the image is a scanner artifact.

MysTales5.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

11 hours ago, miraclemet said:

More Sci-Fi! (great thread by the way!)

hm

3 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

Mystery Tales 5 Spokane:  Census: 1 in 9.2.  This superb copy has a lovely blue background superior to any other copy I've seen.  I'm not detailing any particular defects because there's nothing of note.  The pages are amazing for an Atlas comic.  If you've seen a Spokane in person then you'll understand how amazing they look out of the mylar.  If you haven't, now's your chance!  NM+ with white pages for $4000.

The line down the center of the image is a scanner artifact.

MysTales5.jpg

Love Spokanes. When the collection first appearing at a New York comic con, they were scapped up like hot cakes. 

***SOLD***

Speed Carter Spaceman #3 (and the Space Sentinel!):  This is a great night for Everett fans with this Godzilla like creature being freed from the ice by the intrepid spaceman.  Inside is some Joe Maneely's best art from the 50s -- sampling is provided below.  Census:  1 in 8.5 and 1 in 8.0.  VF- due to very light crease in LL corner but an appealing copy of a challenging issue for $500.

Spaceman3.jpg

Spaceman3int.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

33 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

Big Town 1:  You know it's a #1 because it doesn't have a number.  That was DC's strategy to disguise it since a #1 meant new/risky back on the newsstands of the 50s.  The noirish cover is by Carmine Infantino. Census: Sole highest.  Having removed the book from the slab I think the pages are fresh and would probably be ow/w if re-submitted. De-slabbed CGC old label 9.6 cr/ow for $1800.

Label will be shipped with comic.

BigTown1.jpg

That is AWESOME.

***SOLD***

To show that I'm not a high grade snob, here's an entry level copy.

Fantastic 3:  Lou Fine cover with a, pardon the pun, fantastic interior.  The lead story involves the giant red robots pictured on the more famous Fant 3 and it contains two Fletcher Hanks classics.  This 4.5 restored copy is available for $750.

3/4" tear seal bottom of spine, amateur glue

1/6" tear seal outside edge halfway down on front cover, amateur glue

Black CT at top of spine. Some bleed-through.

Fant4.jpg

Fant4bk.jpg

Fant4int.jpg

Fant4int2.jpg

Fant4int1.jpg

Fant4int2.jpg

Fant4int3.jpg

Fant4int4.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

1 hour ago, Supernerd said:

Take it

Thanks for taking the JIUW!

Edited by adamstrange

33 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

:idea:

Speed Carter Spaceman #3 (and the Space Sentinel!):  This is a great night for Everett fans with this Godzilla like creature being freed from the ice by the intrepid spaceman.  Inside is some Joe Maneely's best art from the 50s -- sampling is provided below.  Census:  1 in 8.5 and 1 in 8.0.  VF- due to very light crease in LL corner but an appealing copy of a challenging issue for $500.

Spaceman3.jpg

Sold via PM.

23 hours ago, adamstrange said:

Jimmy Olsen 28:  I would own more 8.0s if more of them looked like this one.  CGC 8.0ow for $160

Census:  1 in 9.2, 1 in 8.5 and 3 in 8.0

Scanner created a lot of fuzz that isn't there on the comic or slab.

JimmyOlsen28.jpg

Sold via PM

23 hours ago, adamstrange said:

Jimmy Olsen 19:  I would own more 8.0s if more of them looked like this one.  CGC 8.0ow for $220

Census:  2 in 8.0 with 7 higher.

JimmyOlsen19.jpg

Sold via PM

1 hour ago, adamstrange said:

To show that I'm not a high grade snob, here's an entry level copy.

Fantastic 3:  Lou Fine cover with a, pardon the pun, fantastic interior.  The lead story involves the giant red robots pictured on the more famous Fant 3 and it contains two Fletcher Hanks classics.  This 4.5 restored copy is available for $750.

3/4" tear seal bottom of spine, amateur glue

1/6" tear seal outside edge halfway down on front cover, amateur glue

Black CT at top of spine. Some bleed-through.

Fant4.jpg

Fant4bk.jpg

Fant4int.jpg

Fant4int2.jpg

Fant4int1.jpg

Fant4int2.jpg

Fant4int3.jpg

Fant4int4.jpg

take it

6 minutes ago, Comcav said:

take it

Thanks for taking the Fant 4!!

***SOLD***

Jumbo #85 Okajima:  Can you go wrong with Sheena in a leopard skin onsie?  :luhv:  Census:  2 in 9.4 and 2 in 9.2.  Old label CGC 9.2 ow for $550.

Jumbo85.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

***SOLD***

Strange Fantasy 9 (Harvey interior):  This outstanding precode horror code is is one of the best "Girl in Testtube" covers ever.  Glossy, bright VF for $500.

Please refer to Overstreet Guide if you want this book to make sure you know what you are getting.  This is the cover from the Ajax Str Fant 9 but wrapped around a Harvey war comic interior.  Census

StrFant9harvey.jpg

Edited by adamstrange