• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED: GA/SA High Grade and Pedigrees
9 9

306 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

:takeit:

Thanks!

2 hours ago, adamstrange said:

***SOLD***

Fantastic 8 Northford.  During the height of the pre-code horror era, horror was a universal thematic influence so that even Sci-Fi covers like this one featured sci-fi/horror fusion.  This Northford copy has the rich colors you would expect from the pedigree. Census: 2 in 9.2, 5 in 8.5. Old Label CGC 8.5cr/ow for $550.

Fantastic8sm.jpg

Sold via PM

On 6/26/2017 at 8:46 PM, adamstrange said:

***SOLD***

Our Fighting Forces 58:  This attractive and hard to find 10 cent DC war comic features one of their major hero teams, Gunner and Sarge, rendered by the underrated Jerry Grandenetti.  Census: 1 in 9.6, 1 in 9.0 and 2 in 8.5.  CGC 8.5ow for $225.

OFF58.jpg

Sold via PM

On 6/26/2017 at 7:19 AM, adamstrange said:

Adventure 71. I've admired Jack Burnley's work and always thought that his Starman covers were among his very best. Add in some mummies and an Egyptian theme like on this cover and you have an unbeatable combination.  Census: 1 in 9.6, 1 in 9.0 and 3 in 8.5.  CGC 8.5 ow/w for $1600.

Adv71cgc.jpg

That's not a title I'm concentrating on or need but if I hadn't spent so much money this month, I would probably buy it. I love that cover!!!:luhv:

It's shame I get so much glare from the scanner.  Here's a picture I took with my camera.

Adv71pic.jpg

***SOLD***

Tales of Suspense 12 White Mountain:  If you like prehero Marvels, WMs are the premier pedigree exhibiting gloss, color and pages better than any other I've seen.  When the WMs were offered for the first time it was Bob Overstreet who got to pick first and he made sure that several handfuls of prehero Marvels ended up in his stack.  Census:  1 in 9.2 and 4 in 9.0. 

Label will be provided along with the book. The line down the center of the book is a scanner artifact.

I have no idea how Stan Lee got "Gore Kill" past the Comics Code censors but he never tried a name like that again.

TOS12.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

Adv of Bob Hope cgc 9.4. Sole highest grade. Lovely colors on this appealing copy. $700

BobHope10sm.jpg

18 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

Tales of Suspense 12 White Mountain:  If you like prehero Marvels, WMs are the premier pedigree exhibiting gloss, color and pages better than any other I've seen.  When the WMs were offered for the first time it was Bob Overstreet who got to pick first and he made sure that several handfuls of prehero Marvels ended up in his stack.  Census:  1 in 9.2 and 4 in 9.4.  Old label CGC 9.0 white for $2200.

Label will be provided along with the book. The line down the center of the book is a scanner artifact.

I have no idea how Stan Lee got "Gore Kill" past the Comics Code censors but he never tried a name like that again.

TOS12.jpg

Love WMs.  Typo on the census info:  This one is tied for second-highest graded behind a single 9.2.

Thanks for spotting the typo!

***SOLD***

Jimmy Olsen 19:  I would own more 8.0s if more of them looked like this one.  CGC 8.0ow for $220

Census:  2 in 8.0 with 7 higher.

JimmyOlsen19.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

***SOLD***

Jimmy Olsen 28:  I would own more 8.0s if more of them looked like this one.  CGC 8.0ow for $160

Census:  1 in 9.2, 1 in 8.5 and 3 in 8.0

Scanner created a lot of fuzz that isn't there on the comic or slab.

JimmyOlsen28.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

I am making decisions day by day whether to add to the thread and, if so, what books to include.  I do know that I will add a few more later today but haven't figured exactly which.

I will do my first mailing this weekend to allow any current purchaser to add to their shipment and save on postage. 

I do appreciate the positive feedback from the Likes and those that have commented in the thread.