• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED: GA/SA High Grade and Pedigrees
9 9

306 posts in this topic

Authentic Police Cases #9 Church Copy:  Since the first book I posted was a Baker romance there have been inquiries as to whether I would make available any others.  So far the answer is no, but perhaps this copy will provide a satisfactory Baker experience, featuring, as it does, a lovely lass in the ubiquitous red dress.  This Church copy has a silky smooth finish with intense colors and the usual superlative pages you would expect from a Church.  The scarcity of Baker romance is high grade is well known but some of his other St. John's can be nearly as difficult. Census:  sole highest with the next best in 8.0.  De-slabbed CGC 9.2 ow/w for $4000.

Label will be shipped with the comic.  The line down the center of the image is a scanner artifact.

AuthPolice9.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

7 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

Authentic Police Cases #9 Church Copy:  Since the first book I posted was a Baker romance there have been inquiries as to whether I would make available any others.  So far the answer is no, but perhaps this copy will provide a satisfactory Baker experience, featuring, as it does, a lovely lass in the ubiquitous red dress.  This Church copy has a silky smooth finish with intense colors and the usual superlative pages you would expect from a Church.  The scarcity of Baker romance is high grade is well known but some of his other St. John's can be nearly as difficult. Census:  sole highest with the next best in 8.0.  De-slabbed CGC 9.2 ow/w for $4000.

Label will be shipped with the comic.  The line down the center of the image is a scanner artifact.

AuthPolice9.jpg

:whatthe:

10 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

AuthPolice9.jpg

:golfclap:

I am annoyed at the scanner line so I went ahead re-scanned it using the current model.

AuthPolice9church.jpg

35 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

AuthPolice9.jpg

Sold via PM

***SOLD***

Continuing our diversion into the world of art, here's a recreation done by Irwin Hasen of one his more iconic comic book covers, All-Star 33.  The inked and colored piece is 11" x 14.5" for $350.

AllStar33 recreation.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

31 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

This is slightly off topic to a comic book sales thread, but of interest to this audience.

Russ Heath is one of the few GA artists still with us and drew possibly the most reprinted page of art ever to appear on a comic book (see ad below).  Sadly, the actual soldiers lack some of the panache of those in the Heath drawing. 

Russ resisted requests to recreate the ad (complaining about the number of figures and the amount of detail) but he did produce this delightful sketch back in the 90s that can be yours for $250 + $10 postage.

HeathGladiatorSketch.jpg

Heath Roman Soldiers.jpg

Roman Soldier Heath plastic.JPG

What size is this, and does it come with the soldiers?

2 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

What size is this, and does it come with the soldiers?

I've updated the listing to note that the piece is 11x17" and the toy soldiers are not included.

***SOLD***

Two-Fisted Tales #24 Gaines File Copy: Harvey Kurtzman drew the cover, one interior story and wrote and edited the other stories, assisted by Jack Davis and Wally Wood.  Census:  1 in 9.8 and 6 in 9.6.  This NM+ white paged copy is $750.

Certificate will be shipped with the comic.  This is copy #6 of 10.

TwoFisted24.jpg

Gaines Certificate.jpg

Edited by adamstrange

48 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

This is slightly off topic to a comic book sales thread, but of interest to this audience.

Russ Heath is one of the few GA artists still with us and drew possibly the most reprinted page of art ever to appear on a comic book (see ad below).  Sadly, the actual soldiers lack some of the panache of those in the Heath drawing. 

Russ resisted requests to recreate the ad (complaining about the number of figures and the amount of detail) but he did produce this delightful 11' x 17" ink sketch back in the 90s that can be yours for $250 + $10 postage.

Toy soldiers not included.

HeathGladiatorSketch.jpg

Heath Roman Soldiers.jpg

Roman Soldier Heath plastic.JPG

:takeit:

Just now, comicnoir said:

Thanks for taking the Heath sketch!

13 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

Two-Fisted Tales #24 Gaines File Copy: Harvey Kurtzman drew the cover, one interior story and wrote and edited the other stories, assisted by Jack Davis and Wally Wood.  Census:  1 in 9.8 and 6 in 9.6.  This NM+ white paged copy is $750.

Certificate will be shipped with the comic.  This is copy #6 of 10.