• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,112 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Mysterious Adventures #23

Notice anything different here? Yep the skeletons gave up. Last pre-code issue.

commysteriousadvs23.jpg

For some reason, this cover reminds me strongly of the EC covers -- maybe a Haunt of Fear?  Feels kind of Feldsteineque to me, although I realize it's not actually by him.

Oh, what the heck, I thought I'd just finish off the last two and be done with it. Maybe I will do Dark Mysteries next. Another classic run and an old favorite.

Mysterious Adventures #24 and #25 both early post code issues. #24 isn't bad but by #25 this title was so watered down it needed to die.

commysteriousadvs24.jpg

commysteriousadvs25.jpg

14 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Oh, what the heck, I thought I'd just finish off the last two and be done with it. Maybe I will do Dark Mysteries next. Another classic run and an old favorite.

Mysterious Adventures #24 and #25 both early post code issues. #24 isn't bad but by #25 this title was so watered down it needed to die.

commysteriousadvs24.jpg

commysteriousadvs25.jpg

Wow, talk about a total about face in format and tone. Still the cover to #24 is a knockout!

17 hours ago, Robot Man said:

commysteriousadvs24.jpg

Looks like the artist on this one was copying LB Cole. hm

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

OK, a break in the Halloween festivities today. This is a big day for the 'ole Robot Man. The World Series. First time since 1988 the Dodgers have been in and they are looking good! Thought I'd post some cool baseball stuff in honor of the boys of October.

baseballgame.jpg

Such a shame about Kershaw being knocked out in the first inning tonight. If only the Dodgers had Bumgarner. 

Robot Man

Did you manage to snag any World Series tickets?  They are going for $850 and up on stubhub.

I last went to the World Series at $125 back in 2002.  In 2012, game 1 tickets were $500 nose bleed seats and $1.2k nice seats.  I passed.

You can add plenty to the junk pile for $850.

1 hour ago, BitterOldMan said:

Robot Man

Did you manage to snag any World Series tickets?  They are going for $850 and up on stubhub.

I last went to the World Series at $125 back in 2002.  In 2012, game 1 tickets were $500 nose bleed seats and $1.2k nice seats.  I passed.

You can add plenty to the junk pile for $850.

Not this time my friend. Going to a local sports bar in a few. Just can't see the dough. They will win if I'm there or not!:devil:

My last WS was of course '88. My tickets were $45. I believe. I went to game #1 and #2. We all know what happened in game #1. I have two ticket stubs (one un-used!) from it autographed by Gibson but I just can't find them. I was going to post them...