• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What else do you collect??
18 18

1,547 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

LOVE this Elvgren!! And that Kayo sign bridges advertising and comics perfectly.

Did you appear in the episode? What was the title I'll look for a repeat or on-demand. (thumbsu

No I didn't appear. My buddy thought I might like to meet the boys. I can't say enough about them. Real regular guys with a true love of junk. I gave them my card just in case they turn up any comics which they say they do from time to time. We have a lot in common. You would get along great with them too.

the episode aired about 3 weeks ago. I think it was the "season premiere" The beginning will have them in CA.

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

No I didn't appear. My buddy thought I might like to meet the boys. I can't say enough about them. Real regular guys with a true love of junk. I gave them my card just in case they turn up any comics which they say they do from time to time. We have a lot in common. You would get along great with them too.

the episode aired about 3 weeks ago. I think it was the "season premiere" The beginning will have them in CA.

I'll look for it. I'm amazed at some of the collections that they get to rummage through. There's a LOT of great stuff out there. Not everything is as rare as anyone thinks. There are lots of untapped "junk piles." :cloud9:

I have taken a small interest in old "TV Guides". NO ONE can hate a TV GUIDE. Unless you can't complete the puzzle, making you an illiterate loser out of touch with popular culture.

Here is my 1st old TV Guide purchase. Elvis Presley's first cover appearance in 1956. There was a reprint a few years ago celebrating this issue. This is the real deal though. I'm not stupid enough to buy something of this caliber and not do my research. Reproductions are for .

Someone drew in lines where it says "TV". I was put off at first, but the price was right and I am guilty of drawing lines on magazines myself, so who am I to judge?

s-l1600-2.jpg

21 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Americana

This is a hard carved wood statue from Vermont 

IMG_5470.JPG

Love it!  Vermont is definitely the place for Americana. Have you visited the Shelburne Museum? I've only been there once and can't wait to get back. So much to see.

10 minutes ago, Flex Mentallo said:

Some very exotic planes here down below. Some I don't recognize. Are they from kits you've hand painted? Or Franklin Mint scale models and the like?

For better or worse, I've  built and painted them. The exotic ones are models of German projects from the late stages of WW2. Some of them were built in prototype form in 1945, others remained paper studies.

38 minutes ago, PopKulture said:

Love it!  Vermont is definitely the place for Americana. Have you visited the Shelburne Museum? I've only been there once and can't wait to get back. So much to see.

I haven't! One day when the kids are older :)

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Being a motorcyclist, I love old motorcycle toys. I have a lot of them.

motorcycleatom.jpg

motorcycleinbox.jpg

motorcycleindian.jpg

motorcyclelarge.jpg

motorcycletoyscastiron.jpg

motorcyclespeedboy.jpg

motorcyclesidecar.jpg

motorcyclerabbit.jpg

I know he was picking your friends collection, but I'm guessing you didn't mention to Frank from 'American Pickers' you have a plethora of these? He LOVES toys! 

Autographed collectible won in one of Joe's blues foundation raffles around ten years ago... :acclaim:

95c76af4-75cb-4745-85e4-78fa000621ba_zps

Looking forward to his current group Black Country Communion (Joe, Glenn Hughes, Derek Sherinian, Jason Bonham) blues cruise in February! :headbang:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Country_Communion

7 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Autographed collectible won in one of Joe's blues foundation raffles around ten years ago... :acclaim:

Looking forward to his current group Black Country Communion (Joe, Glenn Hughes, Derek Sherinian, Jason Bonham) blues cruise in February! :headbang:

Very cool! Do you play Cat?

On 11/7/2017 at 3:08 AM, Cat-Man_America said:

Nice! Love Bonamassa, saw him earlier this year and it was great!