• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL 3 (2020)
7 7

864 posts in this topic

On 5/9/2023 at 7:21 PM, Buzzetta said:

Fun fact:  I keep texting a certain board member friend of mine fake spoilers about this movie. 

For example, things like: 

Rocket dies but by the last end credits scene we find out that it wasn't the real Rocket but an imposter because we see the real Rocket in a cage with the real Nick Fury guarded by Skrulls.

Good times.  ----->  Jaybuck43

"Who knew Drax and Groot were a secret thing? Blew my mind when they look in each other's eyes and whispered 'WE ARE GROOT!' "

On 5/9/2023 at 4:21 PM, Buzzetta said:

Fun fact:  I keep texting a certain board member friend of mine fake spoilers about this movie. 

For example, things like: 

Rocket dies but by the last end credits scene we find out that it wasn't the real Rocket but an imposter because we see the real Rocket in a cage with the real Nick Fury guarded by Skrulls.

Good times.  ----->  Jaybuck43

"You've reached the Life Model Decoy of Rocket Raccoon...."

It’s even more fun when you text him a non-non spoiler that he doesn’t realize might actually be true…

the I’m ready for your spoilers was after I asked him if he saw guardians yet and he texted me a picture of a ditch. 

IMG_4855.png

Edited by Buzzetta

The GOTG3 Death Theme:

Spoiler

Quill: frozen in space.

High Evolutionary: dead.

Counter Earth: dead.

Rocket: on the table, foaming at the mouth.

Drax: shot in the chest.

Nebula: body shattered by Warlock.

Groot: beheaded by Warlock.

Warlock: impaled by Nebula.

Mantis: arm shattered.

Yondu: dead.

Gamora: dead. 

Saw it the other day.. and I don't if it is just me, but I am not abuzz about the film likes others I've seen.  Is it better than Thor L&T and Dr. Strange MoM?  Yes. To me, that isn't something that would be difficult to do.
Was I entertained? Yes.

Did I understand what the villain's intent was? Yes

What I didn't understand:

Spoiler

is why was the villain the same as the kid, Sid, from Toy Story that like to create weird version of toys. Instead of toys, animals. Didn't quite understand the goal of some of his animal "modifications".

On 5/7/2023 at 3:56 PM, Xenosmilus said:

I'm not a Warlock comic fan so I don't really have a solid opinion on how he was portrayed but I heard a lot of fans didn't like the portrayal.  That said, it didn't really bother me since I knew he was suppose to "child like" in his origin. Any Warlock fans have an opinion on his portrayal?

On 5/1/2023 at 5:01 PM, Artboy99 said:

I don't recall Warlock's character in the comics as one that is for laughs. This is a major mistake Marvel keeps making: straying very far from the character that is known and established usually for jokes.

On 5/6/2023 at 8:38 AM, gadzukes said:

I'd remove 100% of the Adam Warlock scenes (horrible).

Does this basically mean that all of the flippers and day traders who speculated on the Warlock hyped books at sky high prices from the very early FF issues right through to the later Marvel Premiere issues just saw their money disappeared into the cosmic abyss?  doh!   :tonofbricks:

On 5/8/2023 at 3:57 PM, jsilverjanet said:

someone please speed up and add the benny hill song

Yeah, not sure why Marvel wants the MCU to take all of their characters and turn them into some silly stupid ongoing series of one-line wise cracking jokes.  :facepalm:

If I wanted to watch simple silly comedic characters, I would simply watch reruns of Jack Tripper from Three's Company or Al Bundy from married With Children.  doh!

Edited by lou_fine

On 5/8/2023 at 7:24 PM, aardvark88 said:

So did Darkhawk appear anywhere in volume 3 movie or was that hidden in a spoiler review? Folks were buying Darkhawk 1's last week on the spec.

So, since the movie is already out now, shouldn't they be selling the Darkhawk's like there's no tomorrow and moving onto the next so-called red hot movie hyped spec book by now?  :facepalm:

On 5/10/2023 at 2:25 PM, lou_fine said:

Does this basically mean that all of the flippers and day traders who speculated on the Warlock hyped books at sky high prices from the very early FF issues right through to the later Marvel Premiere issues just saw their money disappeared into the cosmic abyss?  doh!   :tonofbricks:

I sure hope so. :cloud9:

On 5/10/2023 at 3:25 PM, lou_fine said:

Hope so! I’d love to buy back a high-grade copy (or three) of Marvel Premiere # 1. 

On 5/10/2023 at 3:25 PM, lou_fine said:

Warlock can be tweaked in a future Guardians movie.  I don't think all is lost.  But.... he really didn't need to be in this movie.

On 5/10/2023 at 5:06 PM, gadzukes said:

Warlock can be tweaked in a future Guardians movie.  I don't think all is lost.  But....

Hope MCU can tweak in Quasar, Darkhawk and Peter Quill vs. Warlock in 'Star Lord' volume 1 future movie. We have spec to sell.