• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazon's THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RINGS OF POWER (2022)
5 5

630 posts in this topic

On 9/1/2022 at 11:10 AM, shadroch said:

A bar in Bisbee is having a watch party and is supposedly sold out, so the bar next door is now having one as well.  I think I'll stay home and watch it , if it doesn't crash the internet.

:cheers:

I'll drink to that. But at home too.

:banana:

Interesting start so far. Have they discussed how many seasons that they have planned yet? They are taking time in developing characters which seems to signal they are in it for the long haul. 

Spoiler

I am getting annoyed with the Theo character after episode 2. I am at the point where I hope he gets killed off as soon as possible. lol

On 9/2/2022 at 3:11 PM, The Meta said:

Almost done the second episode and still trying to figure out if that is Gandalf or not

I did manage to place the actor as the red priest from GoT

I never read the Silmarillion or other "historical" tales, are there wizards that appear before Saruman/Gandalf?

Some are speculating he is Sauron - that seems too easy of a play to me.

Edited by kimik

On 9/2/2022 at 5:23 PM, kimik said:

I never read the Silmarillion or other "historical" tales, are there wizards that appear before Saruman/Gandalf?

No idea, the only things I know are the Jackson films

On 9/2/2022 at 7:23 PM, kimik said:

On 9/2/2022 at 7:30 PM, The Meta said:

No idea, the only things I know are the Jackson films

See the Ep1-Ep2 video breakdown I posted above.

And here is Emergency Awesome's breakdown of reveals and hints of things to come.

Edited by Bosco685

Wow blown away by the first two episodes. Between this and House of the Dragon my head is spinning with delight.

I'm betting the Stranger is indeed Gandalf in a not yet fully evolved state. He's been sent to Middle Earth to help combat the reemerging Suaron.

Again just my guess but it makes too much sense.

Edited by Key Largo Comics

On 9/2/2022 at 8:39 PM, The Meta said:

No, YouTubers like these don't get my attention

Rather watch the show/discuss it here

No instant gratification needed 

I wouldn't look at it as cheating on research or cutting out discussion here.

It is more about research they share, or logical hints of things to come. Especially with those two YouTube accounts.

On 9/2/2022 at 10:29 PM, fastballspecial said:

Okay now this is where I need some help from Tolkien experts. 
So I read all the LOTR books and man were they tough from a language point of view. 

How much did he write about before the Ring of Power? Can I find books on those as 
well?

The Silmarillion is the book he wrote that basically covers everything from the beginning of time up to the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings including what is being adapted in the Rings of Power.

Boy it's a tough read though. I've never gotten through it start to finish. Just kind of used it as a reference.

Edited by Key Largo Comics

On 9/3/2022 at 5:47 AM, Key Largo Comics said:

The Silmarillion is the book he wrote that basically covers everything from the beginning of time up to the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings including what is being adapted in the Rings of Power.

Boy it's a tough read though. I've never gotten through it start to finish. Just kind of used it as a reference.

You are not kidding! I've tried a few times.