• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazon's THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RINGS OF POWER (2022)
5 5

630 posts in this topic

I just hope we don't have the candy, overly-CGIed look of the Hobbit films. I'll never get over the scene with the one in the barrel, and his arms and legs break through, and we begin watching a literal cartoon. 

On 2/14/2022 at 10:04 AM, fantastic_four said:

Or wait, is that dwarf supposed to be a young Balin?

b11.jpg

I had thought the same thing and checked IMDB but couldn’t find an answer there as most of cast members don’t have character names listed yet. I’m leaning towards ‘no’ as I think it’s set farther back than dwarves live and Elrond looks really young in trailer/ pic. 

Edited by bentbryan

The trailer looked great. The only comment from my kids was that they hope it has better CGI than the Hobbit. lol 

:wishluck: that the series is at the same level of production quality of what Amazon has done with other series. 

On 2/14/2022 at 10:09 AM, bentbryan said:

I had thought the same thing and checked IMDB but couldn’t find an answer there as most of cast members don’t have character names listed yet. I’m leaning towards ‘no’ as I think it’s set farther back than dwarves live and Elrond looks really young in trailer/ pic. 

Yeah Tolkien dwarves live roughly 250 years, no way that is Balin if this is set " thousands of years" before the fellowship.

On 2/14/2022 at 1:46 PM, media_junkie said:

Yeah Tolkien dwarves live roughly 250 years, no way that is Balin if this is set " thousands of years" before the fellowship.

I hypothesized that realizing I didn't know when this is set nor how long dwarves live, but you answered both so thanks.  (thumbsu  All I knew was he looked familiar, so I guess it IS Tormund.  :cloud9:

There's no reason for me to be worried about how good this show will be but the Hobbit trilogy and Game Of Thrones season 8 makes me doubt everything.  Having said that, the trailer looks fantastic.  I really do enjoy Tolkien's stories that took place before the hobbits.

***Please tell the story of the Blue Wizards

On 2/12/2022 at 8:45 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I just hope we don't have the candy, overly-CGIed look of the Hobbit films. I'll never get over the scene with the one in the barrel, and his arms and legs break through, and we begin watching a literal cartoon. 

Yeah, blame most of it to WB for not given Peter Jackson time after losing del Toro. I still think we would have gotten 3 movies but they would have been a whole lot better movies than those CGI heavy movies.