• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazon's THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RINGS OF POWER (2022)
5 5

630 posts in this topic

On 8/16/2022 at 5:52 PM, Bosco685 said:

First two episodes drop together.

• September 1 at 9pm ET
  • September 2 at 2am UK

Each new episode will drop every Friday, 12 AM EST.

I've never been into LOTR (did read The Hobbit as a kid and enjoyed it) but even if I had I would not be getting up at 2am on a Friday morning to watch this. I wouldn't get up at 2am to watch anything.

On 8/24/2022 at 12:36 PM, Boozad said:

I've never been into LOTR (did read The Hobbit as a kid and enjoyed it) but even if I had I would not be getting up at 2am on a Friday morning to watch this. I wouldn't get up at 2am to watch anything.

If you do, and communicate this to Amazon Prime in advance, they mail out a free keg of beer in advance.

"OH. I"LL GET UP NOW!"

:headbang:

Fanboys and super nerds make me howl. Lots of whinging and moaning, and the bloody thing hasn't even aired yet.

What happened to giving things a chance??

The trailer looks pretty fair IMO.

I'll reserve my judgement until I've actually seen it, and won't speculate or take hearsay as gospel.

That is all.

On 8/24/2022 at 8:15 PM, GG © ® ™---Paul said:

Fanboys and super nerds make me howl. Lots of whinging and moaning, and the bloody thing hasn't even aired yet.

I'll reserve my judgement until I've actually seen it, and won't speculate or take hearsay as gospel.

That is all.

You have to end such statements with 'PERIOD!' In modern times, this implies it is indisputable. Like the following:

"Critics are calling this the best Marvel movie. PERIOD!"

:sumo:

End.Of.Story.

Huge Tolkien fan here.  Loved the books, loved the LOTR movies, The Hobbit was just okay..... I'm very much so looking forward to this show.  I'm excited to see Middle-Earth in the 2nd age.  I know that there are new characters that Amazon created specifically for the show, but other than that, the show looks pretty good.  I understand some boardies on here that get upset at just about every interpretation of stories they grew up reading, but if the show ends up being bad, it isn't going to change anything.  Tolkien's work will still be there for you to read and enjoy.

On 8/25/2022 at 3:30 PM, The Commissioner said:

Huge Tolkien fan here.  Loved the books, loved the LOTR movies, The Hobbit was just okay..... I'm very much so looking forward to this show.  I'm excited to see Middle-Earth in the 2nd age.  I know that there are new characters that Amazon created specifically for the show, but other than that, the show looks pretty good.  I understand some boardies on here that get upset at just about every interpretation of stories they grew up reading, but if the show ends up being bad, it isn't going to change anything.  Tolkien's work will still be there for you to read and enjoy.

Absolutely. Reading always trumps any other medium in my view.

My history teacher gave me a copy of The hobbit in 1973. I read maybe a quarter of it before discarding it. I'd never heard of Tolkien and had just discovered the REH Conans in the library.  Mr G. insisted that if I liked the world of Conan, I'd love Tolkien.  I thought the hobbit read like a middle school storybook but then something wierd happened,  A group opened up a phone service where teenagers could call and other teens would try to help them out.  I think it was the first peer to peer hotline in the country and it was called The Middle Earth Hotline.  Where Tolkien had been big in the 60s he wasn't very popular in the 1970s and Middle Earth needed explaining. 

I volunteered there, and while the front window had a mural of The White Tree, someone had painted the scene of Eowyn facing down The Lord of the Nazgul in the back and it utterly fascinated me. I was a bit younger than most of the volunteers and it turned out I was just about the only male who hadn't read "The Trilogy" as it was called.  They soon fixed that. 

The hotline still exists, and is now nationwide but it changed the name when Tolkiens estate complained about it. 

I have tickets to see this tomorrow, well the first two episodes, in theaters.

Cinemark special or what not, I'm just glad there was guaranteed seating.

Last one I went to like this for a series show was penny worth, and they gave out comics for it. Idk If it's not pouring down rain, which we need, I'll see what's up. :)

On 8/24/2022 at 5:15 PM, GG © ® ™---Paul said:

That is all.

Reasonableness and an unwillingness to harshly pre-judge things violates the TOS for this site...or at least this Forum.  Tread carefully!

On 8/30/2022 at 11:53 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I have tickets to see this tomorrow, well the first two episodes, in theaters.

Cinemark special or what not, I'm just glad there was guaranteed seating.

Last one I went to like this for a series show was penny worth, and they gave out comics for it. Idk If it's not pouring down rain, which we need, I'll see what's up. :)

Enjoy!

On 8/31/2022 at 10:30 PM, GG © ® ™---Paul said:

Enjoy!

On 8/31/2022 at 9:50 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

If you have Amazon prime you'll enjoy it!

So good! Although I don't have the streaming and may not foot the bill for the rest. Still, so good

IMG_20220831_175654769.jpg

ya I saw it last night, really really good. The Party I went with kept saying it should have been a movie and for the average movie goer, as we all don't do much "streaming." 

On 9/1/2022 at 9:26 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

ya I saw it last night, really really good. The Party I went with kept saying it should have been a movie and for the average movie goer, as we all don't do much "streaming." 

I have problems streaming, but it's an enlarged prostate.