• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's MORBIUS THE LIVING VAMPIRE starring Jared Leto (2022)
4 4

541 posts in this topic

On 4/3/2022 at 8:01 PM, kav said:

hey Morbius recycled pretty much every superwhatever trope so I can recycle this baby.

Now, now. Do not attempt to disrupt the contest. Forumites are busy at their handles right now. Though we already identified one participant misunderstood the rules.

toilet_flush.gif.a1ba8ded9e88b89b5a1cc271e2a34711.gif

On 4/3/2022 at 5:04 PM, Bosco685 said:

Now, now. Do not attempt to disrupt the contest. Forumites are busy at their handles right now. Though we already identified one participant misunderstood the rules.

toilet_flush.gif.a1ba8ded9e88b89b5a1cc271e2a34711.gif

Well Morbius screenwriter(s) misunderstood screenwriting so-

On 4/3/2022 at 5:42 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Yeah everybody, why are we posting memes when we could be posting images of the good scenes from this movie!

I'll start:

1386241974_ScreenShot2022-04-03at8_41_49PM.png.89cb8d7af7ce3bc3f4a4ba7fa97f5d98.png

End credits the best part.

On 4/4/2022 at 7:50 AM, bentbryan said:

I was the first on this meme! 
:acclaim:

wHaT dO i WiN?

:roflmao:

On 3/31/2022 at 7:23 PM, bentbryan said:

Oh well. I really didn’t have high hopes for this but I’ll see it at some point. Until then….bring on the memes!!!

A1481073-B348-4874-8420-94B1735A0F57.jpeg

A lifetime supply of left-handed invisible bubbles (trust us - they're there)

On 3/31/2022 at 9:07 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Nah - Jonah Hex is still the worst DC movie.

And arguably features career worst acting from both Michael Fassbender *and* John Malkovich.

I'd personally argue career worst for John Malkovich is Transformers 3

On 4/3/2022 at 7:06 AM, Bosco685 said:

A very interesting article from Richard Newby about perceived reaction even before a film releases leading to people celebrating a film's failure so as to justify the dislike.

Interesting. But this film didn't fail, right? Arent the box office numbers exactly as expected by Sony? 

On 4/3/2022 at 8:23 AM, Gatsby77 said:

That smacks of New Mutants - knowing you had a turd on your hands but had to release it eventually.

I surprisingly enjoyed New Mutants. Granted, I went in being told it was incredibly bad but it turned out fine.

On 4/4/2022 at 4:17 PM, William-James88 said:

I surprisingly enjoyed New Mutants. Granted, I went in being told it was incredibly bad but it turned out fine.

Me too. New Mutants is okay film little boring but better than X-men Last Stand, Wolverine Origins, X-men Apocalypse and X-men Dark Phoenix. 

On 4/4/2022 at 9:17 AM, William-James88 said:

Interesting. But this film didn't fail, right? Arent the box office numbers exactly as expected by Sony? 

I believe the common idea is that the movie needs to earn back twice its production budget to break even (in order to account for marketing and other costs) so at this point it sits in the dud category but its still too early to call it.

The numbers are what Sony reported just before the weekend after word started to get out about the film after the embargo lifted and people started to take issue with the quality and lack of Spider-Man connections (or any other Sony property connections from the trailers being absent), but that just feels like Sony moved the box-office goal posts closer so it would make for better press (as then outlets can report it made its target numbers for that weekend - a positive spin)

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 4/3/2022 at 9:52 PM, Wolverinex said:

leto.jpg.c26076425afd35760375d0207f90c1d2.jpg

I'll repeat what I've been asking on other modes of social media:

Worse than the 90's Batman films? Green Lantern? Wonder Woman 1984?
Worse than The Incredible Hulk? Captain Marvel? Black Widow? Eternals?

Doubt it.