• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Justice League - restarting the thread
1 1

855 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

not meant to be a dis in any way, but the notion that marvel got more out of doctor strange [677mm] than d.c. will with bats, supe, ww and the other guys is difficult to get my head around.

Now let's hope the senior WB executives have the same problem, and not want to experience it again. They caused this situation.

:wishluck::wishluck:

1 hour ago, Straw-Man said:

not meant to be a dis in any way, but the notion that marvel got more out of doctor strange [677mm] than d.c. will with bats, supe, ww and the other guys is difficult to get my head around.

Yeah both movies were pretty forgettable although I’d watch JL over Doctor Strange on a repeat viewings.

7 hours ago, Chip Cataldo said:

I wanted to see it, but...

Reveal hidden contents

A cat gets killed and eaten, I read? I hate that mess in movies. Leave the animals alone and only kill the people. 

The main reason why I can never watch 'My Dog Skip' because of what happens near the end. If I am flipping channels and it is on, I immediately change it.

:frown:

Justice League’s Final Box Office is Much Lower Than Expected

According to Box Office Mojo, more than 1,600 movie theaters across North America dropped Justice League over the Christmas weekend, thus minimizing the film’s chances of surpassing Man of Steel‘s global gross. Justice League earned an estimated $1.055 million over the weekend (its sixth weekend), thereby bringing its domestic total to just over $222 million. So far, it has raked in $646.6 million at the worldwide box office since hitting theaters in mid-November. That number is much lower than the previously expected $675 million haul.

Justice League is undoubtedly a colossal failure for the studio. However, considering that every other DCEU movie has been commercially successful, despite being ridiculed by critics and dividing audiences, the burgeoning shared universe isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. James Wan’s Aquaman is still slated to hit theaters in December 2018, with David F. Sandberg’s Shazam! and Patty Jenkins’ Wonder Woman 2 both releasing in 2019. We’ll have to wait and see what happens with Justice League 2.

Key Release Dates

• Aquaman release date: Dec 21, 2018
  • Shazam! release date: Apr 5, 2019
  • Wonder Woman 2 release date: Nov 1, 2019

Edited by Bosco685

5 hours ago, Bosco685 said:
13 hours ago, Chip Cataldo said:

I wanted to see it, but...

Reveal hidden contents

A cat gets killed and eaten, I read? I hate that mess in movies. Leave the animals alone and only kill the people. 

The main reason why I can never watch 'My Dog Skip' because of what happens near the end. If I am flipping channels and it is on, I immediately change it.

:frown:

:gossip:..... you guys DO know that it doesn't really happen.... it's all done with special effects. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

1 minute ago, jimjum12 said:

:gossip:..... you guys DO know that it doesn't really happen.... it's all done with special effects. GOD BLESS...

Wait - WHAT?? Really!

:baiting:

That doesn't mean I need to sit through watching a 'fake' dog beaten to death, right?

I wonder if it will even hold out for $650M worldwide before the final run.

ZY1qVOv.png

TRUTH IN ANALYTICS DISCLAIMER: Due to Warner Bros. Pictures not being forthcoming with the 'Justice League' production budget, it has been researched and assumed to be under, around or above $300M.

Some reporters actually checked with WB sources, and determined it is around $275M +/-.

VARIETY (Ricardo Lopez): Can Warner Bros.’ Expensive, Long-Awaited ‘Justice League’ Deliver the Hit That DC Needs?

The costly superhero team adventure carries a production budget of more than $250 million, according to several sources, and with it, the hope that DC’s interconnected cinematic universe of comic book heroes and villains can deliver huge audiences around the globe.

...Re-shoots, made complicated by the competing schedules of all the actors, lasted two months and cost $25 million.

There was also a Wall Street Journal reporter that determined it is nearly $300M.

WALL STREET JOURNAL: The Quest to Save ‘Justice League’

Significant reshoots brought an already big budget up to nearly $300 million, said people close to the picture.

This has led to confusion across reporting sites, and a fixation on the $300M number leading to reports of the WSJ article as a reference for $300M or more. But some sites, to be safe, are noting the confusion with a below/above figure.

FORBES.COM: 'Justice League' Is The Highest-Grossing Box Office 'Bomb' Ever

So the recut over/under $300m-budgeted tentpole...

Until a credible source can verify the $300M production budget (or more), the last verified figure is utilized ($275M) with an additional dollar to address the 'more than $250M' sources. This also matches the WSJ reporter's claim of 'nearly $300M' verified by people close to the picture.

Whether the final production budget is $275M or $300M, there is no way WB can paint this as a success. If the break-even is assumed to be $675M worldwide, even that would have been a huge black eye.

Edited by Bosco685

58 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

Yep. Just like in Hostel someone supposedly gets their eye gouged out wth a spoon. Done with special effects, doesn't mean I'd like to see it though. 

9 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

ZY1qVOv.png

Whether the final production budget is $275M or $300M, there is no way WB can paint this as a success. If the break-even is assumed to be $675M worldwide, even that would have been a huge black eye.

:facepalm: Here we go again. 

So in your opinion is it doesn't matter that the consensus estimated budget for the movie is a full 10% higher than the completely imagined budget of "$275" that you have decided to put back on your chart after less than one week.  

By the way , these guys put the estimated budget at $350MM.

https://www.google.com/amp/indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/hollywood/is-justice-league-the-biggest-failure-for-dc-4998154/lite/

I'm not saying that is the industry accepted estimate, but again, if you can't be non-partisan when reporting this movie's industry accepted consensus numbers, don't post anything.

-J.

So, like I was sharing...

ZY1qVOv.png

TRUTH IN ANALYTICS DISCLAIMER: Due to Warner Bros. Pictures not being forthcoming with the 'Justice League' production budget, it has been researched and assumed to be under, around or above $300M.

Some reporters actually checked with WB sources, and determined it is around $275M +/-.

VARIETY (Ricardo Lopez): Can Warner Bros.’ Expensive, Long-Awaited ‘Justice League’ Deliver the Hit That DC Needs?

The costly superhero team adventure carries a production budget of more than $250 million, according to several sources, and with it, the hope that DC’s interconnected cinematic universe of comic book heroes and villains can deliver huge audiences around the globe.

...Re-shoots, made complicated by the competing schedules of all the actors, lasted two months and cost $25 million.

There was also a Wall Street Journal reporter that determined it is nearly $300M.

WALL STREET JOURNAL: The Quest to Save ‘Justice League’

Significant reshoots brought an already big budget up to nearly $300 million, said people close to the picture.

This has led to confusion across reporting sites, and a fixation on the $300M number leading to reports of the WSJ article as a reference for $300M or more. But some sites, to be safe, are noting the confusion with a below/above figure.

FORBES.COM: 'Justice League' Is The Highest-Grossing Box Office 'Bomb' Ever

So the recut over/under $300m-budgeted tentpole...

Until a credible source can verify the $300M production budget (or more), the last verified figure is utilized ($275M) with an additional dollar to address the 'more than $250M' sources. This also matches the WSJ reporter's claim of 'nearly $300M' verified by people close to the picture.