• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK WIDOW: THE MOVIE (TBD)
4 4

2,016 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

That is the funniest thing I have seen this year!  Thanks @Bosco685

It's also probably the truest thing you've seen posted from @Bosco685 all year, as well. While it's false that this action figure could talk and it's also false that Brie Larson said she did all of her own stunts, it is true that Brie did a LOT of her own practical stunts, more than most actors besides Tom Cruise would do. The reason she did MOST of her own stunts is because of the practical analog 90's feel the filmmakers wanted the movie to have. Brie physically trained 9 months for Captain Marvel, harder than any other Avenger actor ever has for their particular role.

Here's what producer J. Schwartzman said about Larson:

“On any other Marvel movie, stunt doubles would be doing 99 percent of what she’s doing. She spent so much time at the stunt gym, we sort of had to say, ‘You need to get some rest. Stop pushing yourself so hard.' But when you see this movie, the amount of practical stunts that she’s doing by herself will boggle your mind, and make you say, ‘I can’t believe they let her do that.’ ”

Of course, trolls like to say "But Brie Larson says she did ALL her own stunts!" She never said that. A USA Today article headlined that Larson did "most of her own stunts." Brie Larson, in the article, said she didn't know any better, jokingly, but didn't say she did ALL her own stunts. But it has been confirmed she did most of them.

Marvel couldn't have picked a better Captain Marvel than Brie Larson. That's a truth you won't hear from @Bosco685.

7 minutes ago, paperheart said:

$150MM US, $125MM China, $200MM other Int'l (assumes EU doesn't get its act together by July :cry:)

If Europe does not get its act together the international will be more like 75 mil.

4 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

It's also probably the truest thing you've seen posted from @Bosco685 all year, as well. While it's false that this action figure could talk and it's also false that Brie Larson said she did all of her own stunts, it is true that Brie did a LOT of her own practical stunts, more than most actors besides Tom Cruise would do. The reason she did MOST of her own stunts is because of the practical analog 90's feel the filmmakers wanted the movie to have. Brie physically trained 9 months for Captain Marvel, harder than any other Avenger actor ever has for their particular role.

Here's what producer J. Schwartzman said about Larson:

“On any other Marvel movie, stunt doubles would be doing 99 percent of what she’s doing. She spent so much time at the stunt gym, we sort of had to say, ‘You need to get some rest. Stop pushing yourself so hard.' But when you see this movie, the amount of practical stunts that she’s doing by herself will boggle your mind, and make you say, ‘I can’t believe they let her do that.’ ”

Of course, trolls like to say "But Brie Larson says she did ALL her own stunts!" She never said that. A USA Today article headlined that Larson did "most of her own stunts." Brie Larson, in the article, said she didn't know any better, jokingly, but didn't say she did ALL her own stunts. But it has been confirmed she did most of them.

Marvel couldn't have picked a better Captain Marvel than Brie Larson. That's a truth you won't hear from @Bosco685.

:roflmao:

Again, squeak your nose at the circus. The kids will love it.

You forgot all the films I noted really appreciated Brie Larson in. But pretend everyone not as blindly fanatical as you is a hater.

5 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

But would be outstanding considering the planet is coming out of a deadly global pandemic and that the movie is also premium streaming simultaneously on Disney+.

Who knows, but I hope they make as much $ as they can. One local theatre chain, Cinemagic, has permanently closed its doors during this pandemic and that just sucks.  I know that I will be seeing this at the movies to lend a bit of support. 

Oh and ps,  F$&k Disney 

26 minutes ago, drotto said:

If Europe does not get its act together the international will be more like 75 mil.

APAC is nearly wide open; CM did >$150MM there alone (excluding Russia & India). Godzilla vs Kong has already done $100MM Int'l ex China in 2 weeks; unless there's Covid 21, zero chance of anything like $75MM Int'l.

1 minute ago, paperheart said:

APAC is nearly wide open; CM did >$150MM there alone (excluding Russia & India). Godzilla vs Kong has already done $100MM Int'l ex China in 2 weeks; unless there's Covid 21, zero chance of anything like $75MM Int'l.

I was not counting China in that.

I would love to see it on the big screen but think flocking to theaters is a bad idea. We're creating scenario's ensuring the pandemic will continue for momentary financial gain. Then we'll be back to lock downs again. People think this is going to go away, but it's dormant in most that are infected, studying our behavior & adapting like a computer virus.

Has anyone here seen the series Travelers? It's about the human consciousness traveling through time into different hosts like Quantum Leap. They use tech made from graphene to communicate & nano particles called nanites that can be programmed to heal the body at accelerated rates.

Just imagine if this tech was available & programmed to kill people instead. Oddly enough, I just cam across this article about health Canada recalling masks containing graphene nano particles in Quebec.

https://www.cp24.com/news/health-canada-recalls-masks-containing-graphene-as-it-assesses-risks-to-people-1.5373556

Ryan Reynolds just starred in a movie Free Guy about a banker discovering that he's living in a videogame & recently posted a picture of his vaccination with the caption "Finally got 5G".

Sounds like science fiction right, but an idea is only fiction until we understand the practical applications of those thoughts.

It's publicly know that several deadly coronavirus variants have hit China over the past 20 years & coincidentally, this happened after Meng Wanzhou's arrest & Huawei's being blocked from the 5G networks.

I can't help but wonder if this could be a targeted attack & with those previous outbreaks being controlled experiments on their own population. If we accept the numbers China is reporting, it seems odd that they've been able to control the outbreak at it's source to the extent that they have, especially in such a densely populated country in what many consider overworked conditions.

They're modeling themselves as a country that the world should look up to with their control over the outbreak. Should we all just take our medicine & be good zombie's?

2 minutes ago, drotto said:

I took the leap.  I think we are looking $150 mil domestic and $200 WW box office for $350 mil total.

China might be able to bring in 100 million, but the only thing this movie will save is production costs for Disney, not theaters or theatre. There are already endless movies to distract us on the market, so I can wait these new productions out.

9 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I didn't see Sicario, but Arrival(though good) and Blade Runner 3000 moved like molasses. I've got room on my "I care" plate for one franchise and it's the MCU. I don't even care about Star Wars anymore of which every movie of that franchise that's come out since ROTJ is just an expensive fan film and nothing more as far as I'm concerned.

I thought the pacing of Blade Runner 2049 was on point for a sci-fi noir and similar to the original. Very worthy follow-up. I’m not a franchise guy, I tend to watch just about anything. You should broaden your horizon and watch Sicario. It has Thanos, the Collector and the Punisher in it!

24 minutes ago, Oddball said:

I thought the pacing of Blade Runner 2049 was on point for a sci-fi noir and similar to the original. Very worthy follow-up. I’m not a franchise guy, I tend to watch just about anything. You should broaden your horizon and watch Sicario. It has Thanos, the Collector and the Punisher in it!

Well, the actors who played them at least.

19 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I guarantee you Kevin Feige with a $23B franchise could care less what any other producer or director has to say about Marvel Studios or comic book films in general. You seem fixated on this more than he ever will.

As far as Black Widow reviving the theater industry - sorry. Godzilla vs Kong took care of those domestically and internationally. :headbang:

*couldn't care less