• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK WIDOW: THE MOVIE (TBD)
4 4

2,016 posts in this topic

1850067622_blackwidowtrailer70mm.thumb.JPG.021d73b9e0703417bda2e779555b56b4.JPG

"Marvel and Disney's third Black Widow trailer scored more than 70 million viewers in its first 24 hours, surpassing the second trailer by a substantial margin, or more than 13 million views. The previous spot for the superhero pic earned 57 million views in its first day."

Seems like excitement for the movie is only increasing.  #blackwidowwillsavethemovietheaterindustry

38 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

It seems to me like GvK already saved the theater industry.

GvK gave the industry a scant glimmer of hope down the road, like a lone voice crying out in the wilderness saying, "Save us, Black Widow! You are our only hope!"

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

GvK gave the industry a scant glimmer of hope down the road, like a lone voice crying out in the wilderness saying, "Save us, Black Widow! You are our only hope!"

Nope. GvK already saved the theater industry. It's the equivalent of Superman killing Zod. Black Widow will be the equivalent of saving a cat from a tree.

42 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Marvel waited too long.

"Waited too long"? For what? To play in the 100 movie theaters that were open nationwide?

I would have loved a May 7th opening, but I can agree with holding off in order to save lives as people who won't abide by mask wearing or refuse vaccines are mucking it up for the rest of us. A post July 4th opening is guaranteed more theater openings and more people in those seats. It's a good business move, and really just gives us MCU fans a black hole of content in May is all.

Just now, @therealsilvermane said:

"Waited too long"? For what? To play in the 100 movie theaters that were open nationwide?

I would have loved a May 7th opening, but I can agree with holding off in order to save lives as people who won't abide by mask wearing or refuse vaccines are mucking it up for the rest of us. A post July 4th opening is guaranteed more theater openings and more people in those seats. It's a good business move, and really just gives us MCU fans a black hole of content in May is all.

My comment was concise; Marvel waited too long for your fantasy of "Black Widow saving the theater industry" to come true. (shrug)

:roflmao:

10 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

If Disney had more concern for the industry they wouldn’t be doing a simultaneous drop on D+ and also at the movies.  You keep saying that BW will save the theaters but a lot of theater owners are pretty upset that it’s not theater exclusive. And I don’t blame them. July is far enough away with the vax rollout that they can stick to cinema only. 

F$$k Disney. 

58 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

There's only one member here solely servicing Disney any way it needs.

Don't blame me for not investing any of my CGC eggs into the sinking stock that is DC Entertainment but instead putting all my CGC eggs into the basket of the future of the MCU like Captain Marvel, Falcon, Ms. Marvel, etc. I'm not a vendor just an investor/collector, but one particular sale of a book featuring Carol Danvers Captain Marvel essentially paid for a new transmission in my SUV. Make mine Marvel.

22 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

If Disney had more concern for the industry they wouldn’t be doing a simultaneous drop on D+ and also at the movies.  You keep saying that BW will save the theaters but a lot of theater owners are pretty upset that it’s not theater exclusive. And I don’t blame them. July is far enough away with the vax rollout that they can stick to cinema only. 

Yes, but there are still going to be a lot of people who either will not go back to the theaters at all or still want to wait until the pandemic is 100% history which it won't be by July. I can't blame them. A simultaneous Premium Access Disney+ premiere is for those people. I'll be in the theater that weekend myself, maybe just not opening night.

53 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

My comment was concise; Marvel waited too long for your fantasy of "Black Widow saving the theater industry" to come true. (shrug)

:roflmao:

Godzilla vs Kong already saved it. Theater stocks rose as a direct result and the closed Regal Cinema chain (2nd largest in the US) finally opened to screen Godzilla. This is the first movie credited with the industries revival across the US. I thought that honor would go to Tenet but they were just a little too early. Like Black Widow is too late. Still going to enjoy BW on the couch when it hits iTunes. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/05/investing/movie-theaters-godzilla-vs-kong/index.html

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2564758/one-more-theater-chain-is-having-a-monster-reopening-thanks-to-godzilla-vs-kong

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/04/06/did-godzilla-and-king-kong-just-save-amc-stock/

Edited by Oddball

1 hour ago, Oddball said:

Godzilla vs Kong already saved it. Theater stocks rose as a direct result and the closed Regal Cinema chain (2nd largest in the US) finally opened to screen Godzilla. This is the first movie credited with the industries revival across the US. I thought that honor would go to Tenet but they were just a little too early. Like Black Widow is too late. Still going to enjoy BW on the couch when it hits iTunes. 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/05/investing/movie-theaters-godzilla-vs-kong/index.html

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2564758/one-more-theater-chain-is-having-a-monster-reopening-thanks-to-godzilla-vs-kong

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/04/06/did-godzilla-and-king-kong-just-save-amc-stock/

In the next month or so, if we see the trend of a substantial amount of people breaking their pandemic habits and going back to the theaters that results in substantial box office revenue that truly lifts the industry up and allows them to proclaim, "We're back!" rather than grumble about further debt or movies getting pushed back, then I'll concede that Godzilla vs Kong has saved the industry. I just don't see that happening.

I think the one-two punch dynamic duo team-up of Top Gun 2 and Black Widow is what's going to truly bring the movie theater industry back from pandemic ruin.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

13 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

In the next month or so, if we see the trend of a substantial amount of people breaking their pandemic habits and going back to the theaters that results in substantial box office revenue that truly lifts the industry up and allows them to truly say, "We're back!" rather than grumble about further debt or movies getting pushed back, then I'll concede that Godzilla vs Kong saved the industry. I just don't see that happening. I think the one-two punch dynamic duo team-up of Top Gun 2 and Black Widow is what's going to truly bring the movie theater industry from pandemic ruin.

There aren’t any big movies coming out in the next month. What GvK has done is kick started the industries stock including AMC and reopened the 2nd largest theater chain. They just pumped one bag through the IV. Now it’s up to all the studios to drop their movies to keep those fluids up. There’s no denying what this lame monster movie did for the industry. (I only enjoyed the last 20 minutes). But it was primed and the timing was right.

4 minutes ago, Oddball said:

There aren’t any big movies coming out in the next month. What GvK has done is kick started the industries stock including AMC and reopened the 2nd largest theater chain. They just pumped one bag through the IV. Now it’s up to all the studios to drop their movies to keep those fluids up. There’s no denying what this lame monster movie did for the industry. (I only enjoyed the last 20 minutes). But it was primed and the timing was right.

Well I think the timing of reopening so many theaters two weeks ago was obviously for GvK, but was mainly in anticipation of the perceived MCU juggernaut Black Widow on May 7th, which I admit kind of hosed the industry plan a bit by Disney moving the date and also making it a Disney+ stream hybrid. Again, I think GvK changed the pandemic habits for some people, but I just don't think it's enough yet to allow AMC, Regal, Cinemark, etc to come roaring back. I think July 4th is that date.

There is a global horde of MCU fans chomping at the bit to see Black Widow, not on Disney+, but in all its glory at the Cineplex. The theater industry can take that to the bank. In the meantime, they're probably going to have to keep getting loans from the bank.

2 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Don't blame me for not investing any of my CGC eggs into the sinking stock that is DC Entertainment but instead putting all my CGC eggs into the basket of the future of the MCU like Captain Marvel, Falcon, Ms. Marvel, etc. I'm not a vendor just an investor/collector, but one particular sale of a book featuring Carol Danvers Captain Marvel essentially paid for a new transmission in my SUV. Make mine Marvel.

I truly appreciate the way you can dance with those big MCU Toxic Fanatic shoes.

clowndance.gif.d1a0c03cc43bf27f04bb742a2070ac7c.gif

'Investor' :roflmao:

6 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

giphy.gif

At least you know you're a clown. And by the way, that $55M budgeted film made more revenue than any comic book film ever did.

'Investor'

Mad_Laugh.gif.07111ec56f82b595a490d9284fad40d4.gif