• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicLink 2018 Show 'em if you got 'em
13 13

897 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, bc said:

Traded my tax refund for this glorified prototype book. Upgraded my coverless copy and completed the PHM set.

Didn't really see any snipers out this time, maybe the auction fatigue thing is real.

tta_27.jpg

Great looking 3.0, and I love the date stamp.  Congrats!

32 minutes ago, bc said:

Traded my tax refund for this glorified prototype book. Upgraded my coverless copy and completed the PHM set.

Didn't really see any snipers out this time, maybe the auction fatigue thing is real.

tta_27.jpg

If auction fatigue is real, here's hoping it holds out until the art auctions wrap up next week! (Sorry sellers, I'm cheap!) :wishluck:

59 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:
1 hour ago, bc said:

tta_27.jpg

Great looking 3.0, and I love the date stamp.  Congrats!

I'll second that, tremendous book. This is exactly the type of copy I'd love to pick up some day.

1 hour ago, JazzMan said:

Sure does. Has to be something wrong with the back cover. Or interior but likely to be back cover... like half of it is missing. This is another case where CL having a back cover scan would be immensely helpful.  

RE: Back Cover scans

Completely agree that it would certainly be convenient if ComicLink automatically posted back cover scans with their auction listings.  However, every time I've REALLY been interested in a book (which has been quite a bit), I just message their "buysell" email address and they've gotten me a back cover scan within a few hours.  The only thing is it has to be for a current active auction.  Whenever I've asked for a scan of an auction that hasn't started yet I've been told that the auction hasn't been sorted so they'll get back to me.  Point is, all it takes is a quick email and you can see what you're bidding on...

2 hours ago, JazzMan said:

Maybe someone painted all the faces inside the book or defaced it - had a really nice looking copy of an early 50's Wonder Woman where someone used a red magic marker to draw lady parts on each and every panel. I had to applaud both their thoroughness and anatomical correctness as it went on thru the entire book.

While oddly interesting, it seriously lowered the sale value. Even a back cover scan wouldn't have shown that, but again this was a raw book from an auction lot.

I'd spend the $$$ on the Graders notes if I was contemplating this.

-bc

Edited by bc
grammar police

12 hours ago, mysterio said:

Glad you got it! Care to share? :baiting:

Yes, everyone must have been following the NFL draft or seeing Infinity War. I got that pair of ST for what I figured the #61 should go for. I’m thrilled, but I poured out a beer for the person who consigned them. 

The 52 was mine. Glad it went to a board member. 

It went a little cheap, but my Witches Tales 25 is going to more than make up for it. :bigsmile:

2 hours ago, october said:

It went a little cheap, but my Witches Tales 25 is going to more than make up for it. :bigsmile:

Wow! It sure did, great price for a great book. :applause:

3 hours ago, october said:
15 hours ago, mysterio said:

Glad you got it! Care to share? :baiting:

Yes, everyone must have been following the NFL draft or seeing Infinity War. I got that pair of ST for what I figured the #61 should go for. I’m thrilled, but I poured out a beer for the person who consigned them. 

The #52 is going to a good long term home! Glad the sales are totaling out ok for you at least. 

Got another pair of early JIM in tonight’s action, this is turning into an expensive week...

Edited by mysterio

8 minutes ago, mysterio said:

The #52 is going to a good long term home! Glad the sales are totaling out ok for you at least. 

Got another pair of early JIM in tonight’s action, this is turning into an expensive week...

The Witches Tales ended up selling for about 16x guide, so it was a fantastic auction for me. 

11 hours ago, october said:

The Witches Tales ended up selling for about 16x guide, so it was a fantastic auction for me. 

Dam flipper! :sumo: