• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage May auction
5 5

342 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, jimbo_7071 said:

The artwork is very good; I'm surprised no cover artist is noted.

Harry Anderson

2 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

Broke $11,600,000 my prediction with over 300 lots to go...could hit 12M

Broke 12mil with a little over 100 lots left.

10 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Which one of you boardie gods let me have this? I know I’m paying crazy money, but it’s money well spent, IMHO. 

BF801673-3C3A-4E5B-82D1-E585691FA2E9.png

Nice pickup! If it had been the Church copy it probably would have gone for double what you paid. :)

1 minute ago, bc said:

12.2 mil, unbelievable

There are going to make a strong case about auctioned John's collection should the family decide to sell all or part of it, plus they have the "local" advantage going for them....look for great stuff in 2019

2 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

There are going to make a strong case about auctioned John's collection should the family decide to sell all or part of it, plus they have the "local" advantage going for them....look for great stuff in 2019

An auction of the Church Timelys would be epic, that's for sure. 

4 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

What, is Gator on strike?

He posted that he had to be out of the country during the auction and only likes to participate in these auctions live.

1 minute ago, rob_react said:
1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

An auction of the Church Timelys would be epic, that's for sure. 

The Church Timelys + the Allentown Cap #1 (which is probably worth 10 times what he paid for it now) might be 12 million by themselves. 

Tough to know, but I think they might well soar way past that total.  It would take some cogitating by Heritage and the family to decide how to bring them to market.  Listing them all in one Signature Auction would certainly be epic, but it might be tough for the hobby to digest those books in one gulp.