• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage May auction
5 5

342 posts in this topic

I count 9 MH's in this weeks sunday auction similar to what was just auctioned off ( Military, Tilly etc) and a couple of non-mg which look Johnish. At 10 per week that would be 520 in a year, we just had 260 in the last Ha Sign Auction...look for a ramp up...good time to get a MH if you don't have one some are gonna get lost.

4 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

I count 9 MH's in this weeks sunday auction similar to what was just auctioned off ( Military, Tilly etc) and a couple of non-mg which look Johnish. At 10 per week that would be 520 in a year, we just had 260 in the last Ha Sign Auction...look for a ramp up...good time to get a MH if you don't have one some are gonna get lost.

A little off topic, maybe you may be interested in this though; I was just reading some of those old Amazing World of DC Comics mags, from 1974. At that point Action comics number 1 was only 36 years old. In it they mentioned that someone has recently purchases an Action #1 for $1,800 and that the sale demonstrates the interest in first editions. The article's subject matter was DC's first appearances comics of the golden age.

34 minutes ago, otherworldsj331 said:

A little off topic, maybe you may be interested in this though; I was just reading some of those old Amazing World of DC Comics mags, from 1974. At that point Action comics number 1 was only 36 years old. In it they mentioned that someone has recently purchases an Action #1 for $1,800 and that the sale demonstrates the interest in first editions. The article's subject matter was DC's first appearances comics of the golden age.

He posted right before you  :gossip:

1 hour ago, otherworldsj331 said:

A little off topic, maybe you may be interested in this though; I was just reading some of those old Amazing World of DC Comics mags, from 1974. At that point Action comics number 1 was only 36 years old. In it they mentioned that someone has recently purchases an Action #1 for $1,800 and that the sale demonstrates the interest in first editions. The article's subject matter was DC's first appearances comics of the golden age.

That was no someone, that was our Mitch!

5 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

And the difference between what books sell for in the Heritage Sig Auctions and what they sell for in their Sunday auctions seems to have really narrowed -- if it even exists any more.

there still are some great deals, but it has gotten a bit tougher with better quality material not being included 

3 hours ago, Mr. Lady Luck said:

The Edgar Church copies keep coming. In next week's Heritage auction, there are no fewer than 20 Mile High's up for bids...

The verzyl affect :(