• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage May auction
5 5

342 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Bronty said:

I was almost expecting that on the superman.    Presents well and the book is scorching hot

It's been about 3 years since Superman #1 got to the point where any unrestored copy would sell for over $100,000 so this isn't a completely out of left field result. The book is rapidly getting away from people so it doesn't surprise me to see heavy competition in lower grades. 

9 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Yowza!! You landed one of the best books in the auction. (worship)

8 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

I thought it woulda went higher.

Thanks! I thought it would have went higher too. I was prepared to pay far more than I actually did. I'm glad my doppelganger wasn't participating in the auction.

Kinda what I expected.

Church copy set a record because, well, Church and there was only one other 9.6.

A third 9.6 copy arrives on the market and still goes for quite a nice chunk.

Comparing anything to a Church copy is unfair. It's a "deal" in that it's cheaper than the Church copy, but the dynamics of bidding on a Church book are still different even in the CGC era. There are three 9.6s, but only one is the Church copy, so it will run on a parallel track to the rest of the hobby. 

16 minutes ago, rob_react said:

Comparing anything to a Church copy is unfair. It's a "deal" in that it's cheaper than the Church copy, but the dynamics of bidding on a Church book are still different even in the CGC era. There are three 9.6s, but only one is the Church copy, so it will run on a parallel track to the rest of the hobby. 

Looks like there are 4 9.6's on the census now, the newest coming in March. (shrug)

DEAL.  Edgar's copy isn't a doubler for me.  The MH I doubt would sell for that multiplier now but still would garner more than the one that just sold.  But forget that - my god, those are pretty books.

Maybe the scans are set differently, I haven't looked that closely, but the colors on the non-Church look significantly better. 

$100k for the Church seemed (and still seems) like a lot to spend on that book. 

strong legs on this auction, it cracked 10 million today with one day left...could hit 11 million by the time its over since its at over 10.8 with one day to go

Edited by Mmehdy

1 hour ago, streyouttacomics said:

After selling one of my bigger golden age books I felt a void...it has now been filled. I'm 1/1 but I'm ok with that. These threads are great, it's nice seeing where these books end up. 

20180510_160928.jpg

:whatthe: :whatthe:

:golfclap: :golfclap:

(worship) (worship) WOW!!

18 hours ago, october said:

$100k for the Church seemed (and still seems) like a lot to spend on that book. 

It's a "cover" book, but I can't understand the prices when it's never been that hard to find in high grade. 

This is not Suspense 3 or Fantastic 3.