• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK PANTHER 2 directed by Ryan Coogler (TBD)
8 8

829 posts in this topic

On 1/17/2023 at 5:31 PM, Buzzetta said:

Section 4: (4)  Showing contents of murder, violence, terror, ghosts and the supernatural; distorting value judgment between truth and lies, good and evil, beauty and ugliness, righteous and unrighteous; showing deliberate expressions of remorselessness in committing crimes; showing specific details of criminal behaviours; exposing special investigation methods; showing content which evokes excitement from murder, bloodiness, violence, drug abuse and gambling; showing scenes of mistreating prisoners, torturing criminals or suspects; containing excessively horror scenes, dialogues, background music and sound effects;

This describes the entire history of Hollywood. What a cesspool, just like a Scorcese film. 

I enjoyed it, but didn't love it.   Thats the best I can do on this movie.   The final scene with Chadwick was touching, probably the highlight of the film for me.

The accents were the biggest niggle.  The Jamaican and American accents were very cliche'd.   But that was the biggest wrinkle in the acting performances for me, so overall everything else was high quality across the broad cast.

Edited by Microchip

On 2/5/2023 at 10:53 AM, chrisco37 said:

Watching it now.   It’s ok.  Entirely too long and I’ve still got 40 minutes to go.  
Better than Eternals, Shang-Chi or Multiverse of Madness is the “best” I can say about it.

Coming out with an 'ok' verdict on your review, is a major achievement for a MCU film right now.

On 2/4/2023 at 11:49 PM, Microchip said:

Coming out with an 'ok' verdict on your review, is a major achievement for a MCU film right now.

Following up now that I’ve finished it…it had no business being as long as it was (2hrs 43 min).  It was a 2 hour movie at best.  Namor was pretty bad.  The ankle wings were just ridiculous.  Again, I’ll say the movie was “ok”.  Nothing like the first one, which was pretty darn good.  
Will not be rewatching this one.  

I agree with most here that it was an inferior movie to the first one. While I had a number of gripes with it, my biggest was with the actor playing Namor.  I can see him being good in some other type of movie, but not in this part.  And the bearded look was completely wrong.  The tributes to Boseman at the beginning and end were the best parts.

3/10

On 2/5/2023 at 6:28 PM, TupennyConan said:

So many Boardies I respect panning the film...& Namor. 

What a friggin' drag. I wonder if I'll ever see it. I'm in don't gaf mode with the MCU. How depressing. :tonofbricks: 

Watch the first and last parts (Boseman tribute scenes) and skip the rest.

On 2/5/2023 at 6:51 PM, skypinkblu said:

Did they change it because Boseman passed away? Or was it always planned out like this? 

I loved him as an actor, very sorry he was ill...but I find it hard to believe he was not going to be in it.

https://www.cnet.com/culture/entertainment/black-panther-sequel--script-was-very-different-before-chadwick-boseman-died/

Would have focused on the T'Challa and his son. 

On 2/5/2023 at 6:51 PM, skypinkblu said:

Did they change it because Boseman passed away? Or was it always planned out like this? 

I loved him as an actor, very sorry he was ill...but I find it hard to believe he was not going to be in it.

There was an article that noted the original -script had T'Challa and his son as the focus. But with Boseman's death (RIP), they drastically overhauled it.

Ryan Coogler Says The Original -script Featured A Father/Son Dynamic Post Thanos Snap