• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK PANTHER 2 directed by Ryan Coogler (TBD)
8 8

829 posts in this topic

On 11/26/2022 at 11:07 AM, N e r V said:

All it did for me was miss Chadwick Boseman who did such an excellent job in the role. I think it would have been better to wait and recast the role down the road. 

This is the main reason I'm in no hurry to see this film. Of course, even if they did recast the role, that would have brought about some backlash as well.

More and more I think of recasting Chadwick I would have been okay with it just have a nice homage in the end credits for Chadwick. Maybe there was other factors in play like maybe this way they don't need to make contract extension for the rest of Black Panther cast and if they would have recast T'Challa then Marvel would have been stuck with him etc. So maybe now Marvel can go to some teen Black Panther movie/Disney+ show direction or something like that..

On 11/27/2022 at 8:41 AM, drotto said:

So looking at about a 55% domestic to 45% international split, BP2 is looking at around $790 to $830 million final run.

Yeah Luiz is oretty terrible with his projedtons- as if this holiday weekend where this was essentially the only movie for people to see, is going to extrapolate out exactly the same until Avatar comes out.  This movie is a month old next weekemd, and most people who want to see it will have.   It will be a slog for this to even get to $850M.

-J.

Finally saw it yesterday. I'd give it about a 6/10. I know virtually nothing about Namor, but I liked the portrayal. I feel like the actor did well and the character has potential. Losing Boseman let this movie have a really good reason to develop a solid story over endless action scenes, but they wasted it. Story felt like a 2.5hr CSI drama with boring action scenes. If you're going to have a movie specializing in close combat instead of lasers, hire actors who can do that. I'm tired of all these action scenes where they're fighting for eternity, but no one is sweating, no one is bleeding, and no named characters ever die.

End credits scene was beautiful.

On 11/30/2022 at 1:56 PM, Tnexus said:

Finally saw it yesterday. I'd give it about a 6/10. I know virtually nothing about Namor, but I liked the portrayal. I feel like the actor did well and the character has potential. Losing Boseman let this movie have a really good reason to develop a solid story over endless action scenes, but they wasted it. Story felt like a 2.5hr CSI drama with boring action scenes. If you're going to have a movie specializing in close combat instead of lasers, hire actors who can do that. I'm tired of all these action scenes where they're fighting for eternity, but no one is sweating, no one is bleeding, and no named characters ever die.

End credits scene was beautiful.

Or the opposite where a character gets stabbed through the abdomen and does not bleed, and hardly loses a step.  No not a promblem, barely an inconvenience.

On 11/30/2022 at 3:32 PM, drotto said:

Or the opposite where a character gets stabbed through the abdomen and does not bleed, and hardly loses a step.  No not a promblem, barely an inconvenience.

That bothered me as well. If they took the time to explain how she was able to shrug that off so easily and then defeat NahMOUR Despite the mortal wound it would have been better.

On 11/30/2022 at 9:01 PM, Jaydogrules said:

The mid week drops are horrific and telling me this movie is nearing the end of its run, avatar or no avatar.  

-J.

Nah - context. Mid-week drop percentage is irrelevant because last week was Thanksgiving.

Example: Sure - Wakanda Forever dropped 71.6% from last Tuesday, but it also made $9.5 million in its 2nd Tuesday -- and $10 million+ in its 2nd Wednesday -- due to the Thanksgiving break.

vs. say Civil War -- $5.9 million 2nd Tuesday and $3.9 million 2nd Wednesday.

When the Thanksgiving week boost gives mid-week numbers 40-80% higher than normal, of course the % drop looks bad.

Today's % drop numbers are going to look especially horrific, but only because last Friday was a virtual Saturday, and thus posted numbers higher than the Friday before it.

On 12/2/2022 at 7:37 AM, Gatsby77 said:

Nah - context. Mid-week drop percentage is irrelevant because last week was Thanksgiving.

Example: Sure - Wakanda Forever dropped 71.6% from last Tuesday, but it also made $9.5 million in its 2nd Tuesday -- and $10 million+ in its 2nd Wednesday -- due to the Thanksgiving break.

vs. say Civil War -- $5.9 million 2nd Tuesday and $3.9 million 2nd Wednesday.

When the Thanksgiving week boost gives mid-week numbers 40-80% higher than normal, of course the % drop looks bad.

Today's % drop numbers are going to look especially horrific, but only because last Friday was a virtual Saturday, and thus posted numbers higher than the Friday before it.

Understood , except the mid week drops for this , EXCLUDING THANKSGIVING "week" have been bad from the beginning.  

In fact, the only thing keeping this from being worse than Love and Thunder's numbers at this point are its opening weekend figures.  

And that's with essentially no competition for its entire run.  

Is this even going to make it to 800M?

-J.