• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (SPOILERS)
5 5

365 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Max Carnage said:

Ok so they dont want to just do Hulk Angry anymore. Wonder what would happen if Thanos tries to kill the Widow in front of the Hulk?

8 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I went early this evening. I was surprised that the theater was pretty empty. 

Loved the movie, but I don't know much of the Infinity story, so it was a little confusing. I

Where did it say they were definitely coming back? I guessed that they were from Dr Strange's reversal about saving Tony...but I didn't seen anything definite.

There was just so much stuff going on I'll have to go see it again.

Maybe I’m wrong, but since there’s a BP2, doesn’t that mean he’s coming back for sure?

You're not wrong. The challenge would be how to bring them back in an un-lame way

Was wondering why strange didn't use the time stone to just turn back time and prevent quill from interrupting. Something he could have foreseen anyway. It would be too easy to use as a plot device but would have been nice if they explained it away 

23 hours ago, Comicopolis said:

To control the Soul Stone you have to sacrifice what you love the most, so unless you're implying there's some heavy bromance going on with Steve and Tony my suggestion would be that Tony will be sacrificed by...

Pepper!!

Considering how many grown men wet their pants over Pepper's roll at the end of IM3 I really hope this happens.

What if Peter sacrifices Tony?

Here's what I couldn't figure out after seeing it on Saturday...

Thanos pretty clearly phases Banner in the Hulkbuster armor solidly into a cliff face. Like, 85%+ of the way into the wall, so that most of what's not rock is probably just the front paneling of the armor. After that, he doesn't appear in the fight again. Presumably, because he's now doing his best Mount Rushmore impression, while being dead in a cliff. But after everyone vanishes, he's there in the final shot, standing around in the armor again, like he and the armor weren't just merged into a rock wall.

1 hour ago, Grendel72 said:
2 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

Maybe I’m wrong, but since there’s a BP2, doesn’t that mean he’s coming back for sure?

You're not wrong. The challenge would be how to bring them back in an un-lame way

Was wondering why strange didn't use the time stone to just turn back time and prevent quill from interrupting. Something he could have foreseen anyway. It would be too easy to use as a plot device but would have been nice if they explained it away 

Here, let Jessica Chobot explain how you're both wronglol...

3 hours ago, Grendel72 said:

Because what we saw play out is the one scenario he envisioned would wind up being a "win". Remember, Thanos wipes out half the universe on page 28 of Infinity Gauntlet 1, with 12 more pages to go in that issue and another 5 issues, so this is just the beginning (not to say they're going to follow the comic, but there is a bit more to go to here). And how does Adam Warlock get the soul stone? Unless he is already in it? Is Dr. Strange, while without a body, now hanging out in the Astral Plane? Is he inside the time stone?

1 hour ago, Cocomonkey said:

Here's what I couldn't figure out after seeing it on Saturday...

Thanos pretty clearly phases Banner in the Hulkbuster armor solidly into a cliff face. Like, 85%+ of the way into the wall, so that most of what's not rock is probably just the front paneling of the armor. After that, he doesn't appear in the fight again. Presumably, because he's now doing his best Mount Rushmore impression, while being dead in a cliff. But after everyone vanishes, he's there in the final shot, standing around in the armor again, like he and the armor weren't just merged into a rock wall.

He busted out. Also, when Thanos leaves the scene, his altering of "reality" ends.

Edited by the blob

14 hours ago, SpideyFein said:

I just saw it for the second time, in IMAX 3D. My 2D local theater- $8.00 The bigger Cinema- $22.00!!!!!!! I didn’t have a water and spent $5.00 on one too!!! 

Ok, after I got over that, seeing it in IMAX 3D is the way to see the movie. If you’re not a 3D guy/gal, see it in IMAX. It was a different experience- I saw every last frame. Truly incredible. Just take a breath when paying. Just a few comments:

1. A mic or wire was hanging down from the top when Thor was on the Guardians ship, lying down. I could’ve been seeing things, but that’s what it looked like. 

2. Scarlet Witch fully lost her accent a few times. 

3. At the end, Thanos is limping a bit- I think he was shaken up from the stormbreaker. The gauntlet was definitely torn up. Like others said, he does need the gauntlet to wield the stones- or does he? 

4. I have to read IG again, as this seems very different. As someone had suggested, Ms. Marvel will be the Adam Warlock in the next movie. They may introduce him as well. I’m excited for it either way. 

They already mentioned Warlock in GOTG 2. Seems crazy not to bring him into the mix.

21 hours ago, Drummy said:

Those are good questions; not sure of the logic on the Red Skull appearance, but it probably sounded cool in the --script room.  :idea:

Regarding Stormbreaker, it could be that the Dwarf that forged the actual IG knew enough about the stones/gauntlet to forge a magic weapon that was magically resistant to its powers.  Thor wanted a weapon that could kill Thanos, so he complied.  Sorry, "magic" is all I got on that one.

Another question for everyone:

Thanos says on Titan that he knows Stark's name, noting that "You're not the only one cursed with knowledge."  How does he know of Stark?  What knowledge does he have?  I found the line intriguing and think that will be picked up in Avengers 4.  Thoughts?  (maybe I'm missing something obvious?)

Dan

Because he is aware of Kang the Conqueror, who is Stark's great great X 100 grandson and uses Stark tech!

19 hours ago, Bird said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they stick to the comics and Nebula is the one to first get the Gauntlet from Thanos. She'll reverse everything immediately to spite Thanos and will get her sister back in a big movie moment.

Tony is clearly the key though. When Dr Strange made his speech about the protecting the gem over Tony and/or Peter it struck me immediately as out of character (I am a big Doc guy and overall loved him in this movie) but then when you see that they needed something to contrast with his decision to give the Gem to Thanos it makes movie sense. Doc was awesome in this movie I thought, powerful enough to do well against Thanos even though he had 4 gems by then. He was kicking names and taking azz.

Kang the Conqueror who is maybe tony stark or something. Something to do with Stark!

Edited by the blob

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 2:41 PM, Bosco685 said:

What about the overall reality that Thanos and The Black Order are so powerful - and the Infinity Stones so meaningful to Thanos - why did he even trust Loki during The Avengers and Ronan the Accuser during Guardians of the Galaxy to get these stones?

Based on what we saw, Thanos would just take care of this himself along with his children. I get it though - for extended storytelling, it was adding these lackeys first.

His "children" are very killable apparently.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:30 PM, fantastic_four said:

To get all of that I think you have to watch EVERY Marvel film.  But you don't necessarily need to watch them.

I guess one thing that's missing from film as compared to the comics are the little asterisks along with title and issue footnotes at the bottoms of panels telling you where to go to see the back story on something key.

I managed ok not having seen Avengers 1, the first Iron Man, Thor Ragnorak, and Black Panther

I asked this in the other thread in spoiler mode and haven't had a response. Just wondering if anyone knows what happened to Valkyrie? Wasn't she on the ship that Thanos attacked at the very beginning? They never showed what happened to her. 

1 hour ago, OrangeCrush said:

I asked this in the other thread in spoiler mode and haven't had a response. Just wondering if anyone knows what happened to Valkyrie? Wasn't she on the ship that Thanos attacked at the very beginning? They never showed what happened to her. 

Thor's distress call said that about half of the Asgardians managed to escape the ship. It isn't explicitly stated anywhere, but the general assumption seems to be that Korg and Valkyrie were among those who managed to get out before the rest were killed and the ship was destroyed.

3 minutes ago, Cocomonkey said:

Thor's distress call said that about half of the Asgardians managed to escape the ship. It isn't explicitly stated anywhere, but the general assumption seems to be that Korg and Valkyrie were among those who managed to get out before the rest were killed and the ship was destroyed.

Ah, didn't pick up on that part! Much appreciated!

Joe Russo (one of the directors) has also said that Valkyrie did indeed survive the attack. 

3 hours ago, the blob said:

They already mentioned Warlock in GOTG 2. Seems crazy not to bring him into the mix.

I'm thinking we see him surface in the Captain Marvel movie, just before IW2...where he comes in and helps save the day