• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ross Andru's Amazing Spider-Man Club
9 9

2,752 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Spider-Variant said:

Mike Esposito's daughter just shared this 1957 photo of her and Ross on Facebook .  This is definitely my favorite Ross picture ever and once again illustrates how there is no way you would recognize Ross based on the different photos out there of him.  Man was a chameleon.

May be a black-and-white image of 1 person, child and indoor

They obviously got along :)

b.thumb.jpg.1aa249d8cb284f589cfb86121a4a4d3e.jpg

3 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

They obviously got along :)

b.thumb.jpg.1aa249d8cb284f589cfb86121a4a4d3e.jpg

Yes, I remember you had posted that photo.  Even here, I think Ross looks different in the two photos.  He looks older in the earlier dated photo to me, lol.

5 minutes ago, Spider-Variant said:

Yes, I remember you had posted that photo.  Even here, I think Ross looks different in the two photos.  He looks older in the earlier dated photo to me, lol.

Yes, he looked 55 in '55 :bigsmile:

6 hours ago, Spider-Variant said:

Yes, and that's 20 years before he ever drew Amazing Spider-Man.  Ross was 50 in 1977.  I keep forgetting this.  He had 30 years in the industry by that time.

Crazy to think about that!

He was pretty early in the ‘game’ of drawing comics… not quite Kirby/Simon early, but he was a master of his craft by 1977.

On 7/5/2021 at 5:43 PM, MattTheDuck said:

Your wish is my command.  Within reason.

Unfortunately, runs bottom left to upper right, so here's the whole letters page!

Thor LTE.jpg

Electro marvel value stamp is cool👍‼️😷

On 7/13/2021 at 4:06 PM, Spider-Variant said:

Ok, this is it I promise, last post on the house that Ross Andru used to model his residence for the Mindworm in Amazing Spider-Man 138 (Nov. 1974).  (Unless I find anything neater than this, that is).

Although no one in their right mind would try to discern it from watching the few seconds it's on screen, the house actually appeared in a movie released in 1968.

Spending more time than I am willing to admit, here is the best view (I use that term euphemistically) of the house from the movie.  I'll see how fast someone can come up with the movie's title.  The guy in this shot is pretty famous.  Not quite Elvis famous, but as close as it gets. 

image.thumb.png.af3ed30baefd00b3c5016642817eb9c6.png

Is it Sinatra?

On 7/13/2021 at 6:06 PM, Spider-Variant said:

Ok, this is it I promise, last post on the house that Ross Andru used to model his residence for the Mindworm in Amazing Spider-Man 138 (Nov. 1974).  (Unless I find anything neater than this, that is).

Although no one in their right mind would try to discern it from watching the few seconds it's on screen, the house actually appeared in a movie released in 1968.

Spending more time than I am willing to admit, here is the best view (I use that term euphemistically) of the house from the movie.  I'll see how fast someone can come up with the movie's title.  The guy in this shot is pretty famous.  Not quite Elvis famous, but as close as it gets. 

image.thumb.png.af3ed30baefd00b3c5016642817eb9c6.png

Nice discovery👍‼️😷