• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ross Andru's Amazing Spider-Man Club
9 9

2,729 posts in this topic

On 8/14/2021 at 4:11 PM, FoggyNelson said:

Yes , great detail above , I looked at it for a good 4 minutes checking every detail‼️👍🐝

For years the width of the spaces between the escalator stairs stood out to me in this double page splash by Ross.  "Ross, you made them too wide" I said to myself.  Those don't look like any escalators I have ever seen.

Why did Ross draw them that way, I must have wondered?  Well, that's how they were in the real NY Coliseum.  (Yes, I know I have posted this one before, but upon finding that pic of the original art, it came back to mind.)

image.thumb.png.67d48d3b3001a4574e3c5921190f0807.png

On 8/17/2021 at 10:51 AM, HighVoltage said:

I don't know if its' been touched upon/mentioned before in this thread, but has anyone ever seen a sweater like the ones that Pete wears, as drawn by Ross?

I would absolutely buy one if I could find one.

Definitely could be the Ross Andru Amazing Spider-Man Club dress code, lol.

Steve @Get Marwood & I got any more of those sweet Peter Parker sweaters in your closet?

On 8/17/2021 at 4:17 PM, Spider-Variant said:

Definitely could be the Ross Andru Amazing Spider-Man Club dress code, lol.

Steve @Get Marwood & I got any more of those sweet Peter Parker sweaters in your closet?

:cloud9:

53378608.thumb.jpg.f1ea4a2723784f974c99a74919f94e50.jpg

On 9/1/2021 at 12:22 AM, ganni said:

And her music is.....

peter song.jpg

For 30 years, I always read Peter's thoughts as ' "Kung Fu Fighting" is our song.' Statement, not Question.  As if Peter were making a joke.  The song always reminds me of this panel when I hear Carl Douglas belt it out.

On 9/5/2021 at 7:02 PM, HighVoltage said:

The design reminds me of Atari’s version of Space Invaders on the 2600 console.

That's what I thought too, but I was going to say galaga! 

I play it every once in a while on the Nintendo mini :shy:

On 9/5/2021 at 8:05 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's what I thought too, but I was going to say galaga! 

I play it every once in a while on the Nintendo mini :shy:

Try old burgertime lol its awsome and a riot,you are a chef that step on food to make burgers and are pursuit by mutant food and your only weapon is to spray Peppers in their eyes :roflmao:

On 9/5/2021 at 7:17 PM, Namtak said:

Try old burgertime lol its awsome and a riot,you are a chef that step on food to make burgers and are pursuit by mutant food and your only weapon is to spray Peppers in their eyes :roflmao:

Yes lol

I believe they also made an arcade 1up cabinet of Burger Time too :) I watched some game play, it looked fun and also typical of the era. Good times!

I hadn't remembered playing it at the arcades when I was younger nor anywhere else, but I must have seen it somewhere, when I saw the new 1up cabinet it all seemed familiar some how (thumbsu