• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ross Andru's Amazing Spider-Man Club
9 9

2,723 posts in this topic

On 11/5/2021 at 11:12 AM, Spider-Variant said:

I actually reached out to Joel Thingvall, the comic art collector, and as it turns out, he is also Joel Thingvall, movie actor.  

He said he actually toured Ross's studio back in the day which was at his home in Arverne, NY.  Joel also said he met Mike Esposito as well.

Very, very cool.

Thank you for sharing that! Really cool! :banana:

On 11/9/2021 at 7:54 AM, ganni said:

Just looking at your post sv.  Made me think It was a mistake selling most of my Superman books.  Remembering all of Dru's covers.  Like This cover.  Which came first?  Superman? Spiderman? No cheating :smile:

superman 366 81.jpg

:whistle:

On 11/19/2020 at 11:20 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

hm

raswipe.jpg.a5e9eb344ba2721dff44d7a6e601dcae.jpg raswipeb.thumb.jpg.d09354d512f4f2a1f41b005513c211e4.jpg

On 11/9/2021 at 2:54 AM, ganni said:

Just looking at your post sv.  Made me think It was a mistake selling most of my Superman books.  Remembering all of Dru's covers.  Like This cover.  Which came first?  Superman? Spiderman? No cheating :smile:

superman 366 81.jpg

Well, since I remember no 60 cent Spider-Man covers drawn by Ross, I will say Spider-Man came before Superman.

On 10/27/2021 at 7:28 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

You mean a HB pencil isn't a worldwide thing? 

Flippin eck, I need to get out more Reggie. 

On 10/27/2021 at 7:31 AM, Spider-Variant said:

Howard Bender is the man.

I was thinking that the artist had a nice vacation in Huntington Beach and decided to sketch, I was way off :facepalm: