• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Frazetta's Famous Funnies #209 - #216
12 12

429 posts in this topic

On 2/27/2023 at 10:41 AM, sfcityduck said:
On 2/26/2023 at 7:52 PM, Point Five said:

$9600. Eh, close enough. :grin: 

$1.8K or 16% short = "close enough"!

Do you have a selling thread coming up?

Always better to look at a range of sales, as opposed to just one price point which might be a bit misleading as it could be an outlier.  (thumbsu

Not saying that the FF 215 sale for $11.4K is an outlier, but the CGC 8.0 graded copy of FF 212 that sold in the same auction and probably to the same buyer for a rather astounding $19.2K was most definitely an outlier.  :whatthe:

Like I said in my previous post, probably nothing more than a healthy bit of price consolidation before the next leg up as all of the Frazetta Famous Funnies issues have taken significant leaps upwards during the past few years.  I believe this book (i.e. Famous Funnies 215) was selling in the <$3K price range for this condition range prior to the pandemic before jumping up to the $4K to $6K price range in the 2020/21 time period and now seemingly settling in at the $9K to $11K price range for 2022/23, as evident by a CGC 6.0 copy selling for $9K back in July of 2022 and then a CGC 8.0 copy selling for $10.8K earlier this year in January.  hm  (shrug)

On 2/28/2023 at 4:44 PM, Sqeggs said:

I did that run a couple of times but sold them off years ago (too soon!). I held on to this one because of the FF sig. 

IMG_1413.jpeg

Well, I believe that sig plus that big big number on the top left hand corner should put you into 5-figure territory without too much of problem at all.  (thumbsu

On 2/28/2023 at 7:51 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, I believe that sig plus that big big number on the top left hand corner should put you into 5-figure territory without too much of problem at all.  (thumbsu

hm

On 2/28/2023 at 5:41 PM, Sqeggs said:
On 2/28/2023 at 4:51 PM, lou_fine said:

hm

Well, it would have been much more of a sure fire slam dunk done deal if you had kept the FF 213 or FF 214 and you wouldn't even had needed the sig or that big big number on the top left hand corner of the slab, as anywhere in the 8's would have been more than good enough to do the job.  :)

On 2/28/2023 at 9:07 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, it would have been much more of a sure fire slam dunk done deal if you had kept the FF 213 or FF 214 and you wouldn't even had needed the sig or that big big number on the top left hand corner of the slab, as anywhere in the 8's would have been more than good enough to do the job.  :)

Now you tell me! :taptaptap:

On 1/10/2023 at 8:46 PM, Changer said:

just finished my run saving the most expensive for last, the 214 was at full or above market price :( , but "needed"it lol , 
only problem now I need upgrade for 215

2205222251551.jpg

I'm surprised that this cover gets so much love. The figure on the left is the most hideously un-feminine female that Frank ever drew. She looks like an extremely malnourished adolescent with a paralyzed left hand.

On 3/1/2023 at 8:36 PM, Sarg said:

I'm surprised that this cover gets so much love. The figure on the left is the most hideously un-feminine female that Frank ever drew. She looks like an extremely malnourished adolescent with a paralyzed left hand.

The Fighting 213ers will be along soon to set you straight!  :slapfight:

On 3/1/2023 at 5:36 PM, Sarg said:

I agree.  My least favorite cover of the run. The colorist didn't help. If you look at the OA, it does not appear that Buck and the Girl were supposed to get caught with their pants down wearing mini-mini-skirts. The weird things going on with their shin bones look like clothing folds in the OA (especially the girl's leg on the left just above the boot).  

frank frazetta - famous funnies, 1953 | Çizim, Resim ve Baskı

:bump:

Figure it's probably an appropriate time to give this thread a bump since the CC Event Auction has 6 of these Frazetta Famous Funnies coming up in their auction tomorrow on Wednesday.  (thumbsu

Not sure how they are doing so far, but like all CC auctions, they appear to be on the low side for now until it gets closer to the end.  Right now, the top book is a CGC 3.0 graded copy of FF 213 sitting at a bid of $2,150.  Then again, it's been sitting at this exact same bid of $2,150 since the first few days of the auction and hasn't moved up by even a single dollar in the interim.  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

Will be interesting to see where these copies, albeit lower to mid-grade copies, finish up at by the time it's all said and done tomorrow. :popcorn:

Edited by lou_fine

On 3/15/2023 at 1:26 AM, lou_fine said:

:bump:

Figure it's probably an appropriate time to give this thread a bump since the CC Event Auction has 6 of these Frazetta Famous Funnies coming up in their auction tomorrow on Wednesday.  (thumbsu

Not sure how they are doing so far, but like all CC auctions, they appear to be on the low side for now until it gets closer to the end.  Right now, the top book is a CGC 3.0 graded copy of FF 213 sitting at a bid of $2,150.  Then again, it's been sitting at this exact same bid of $2,150 since the first few days of the auction and hasn't moved up by even a single dollar in the interim.  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

Will be interesting to see where these copies, albeit lower to mid-grade copies, finish up at by the time it's all said and done tomorrow. :popcorn:

How did they do?

On 3/16/2023 at 5:07 AM, WolverineX said:

How did they do?

Not completely sure here as I don't tend to follow the low to mid-grade results that much.  (shrug)

But as far as I could tell, they seem to be pretty strong and in line with what we've been seeing on HA, if in fact, possibly even slightly higher. :applause:

Let's see if I can dig up the results from their CC archives here:

Famous Funnies 209 in CBCS 6.5 for $1,601;

Famous Funnies 211 in CGC 6.0 for $2,250;

Famous Funnies 213 in CGC 3.0 for $3,305;

Famous Funnies 214 in CGC 3.5 for $3,700;

Famous Funnies 215 in CGC 5.0 for $2,777; and

Famous Funnies 216 in CGC 3.5 for only $800.

Except possibly for the Famous Funnies 216, those would all appear to be pretty strong results to me.  (thumbsu

On 3/16/2023 at 12:42 PM, lou_fine said:

Not completely sure here as I don't tend to follow the low to mid-grade results that much.  (shrug)

But as far as I could tell, they seem to be pretty strong and in line with what we've been seeing on HA, if in fact, possibly even slightly higher. :applause:

Let's see if I can dig up the results from their CC archives here:

Famous Funnies 209 in CBCS 6.5 for $1,601;

Famous Funnies 211 in CGC 6.0 for $2,250;

Famous Funnies 213 in CGC 3.0 for $3,305;

Famous Funnies 214 in CGC 3.5 for $3,700;

Famous Funnies 215 in CGC 5.0 for $2,777; and

Famous Funnies 216 in CGC 3.5 for only $800.

Except possibly for the Famous Funnies 216, those would all appear to be pretty strong results to me.  (thumbsu

The 213 has dropped a bit in price. Last sold was 4300

Same with 215, last 5.0 sold for 3840

last 209 6.0 sold for 2160 so that is weak too.  CBCS could have hurt it as well but it was a pretty copy.  

Looks like these GA books may be following the greater market now.  

Edited by WolverineX

I did love the FF 211 and felt lucky that I grabbed it (seems like a very bright and a well presenting copy)

I got it to go with my newly acquired 214 that I picked up from Alan at Heroes Comics! It was so great to work with him.

Hoping to get the full run in mid grade if possible so if there is a small dip I'm good with it. :takeit:

Funnies 214.jpg

funnies 211.png

On 3/16/2023 at 3:32 PM, AJCohen said:

I did love the FF 211 and felt lucky that I grabbed it (seems like a very bright and a well presenting copy)

I got it to go with my newly acquired 214 that I picked up from Alan at Heroes Comics! It was so great to work with him.

Hoping to get the full run in mid grade if possible so if there is a small dip I'm good with it. :takeit:

Funnies 214.jpg

funnies 211.png

Ahh, nice pick up with the 211.  I was bidding near  the end  but got a work call and by the time I got back it was over.