• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comunication problem with Cadence Comic Art
6 6

199 posts in this topic

On 2/1/2024 at 2:47 PM, Peter L said:

I'm not a fan of Andrew.  I have bought from all major dealers, and mostly who I have good things to say about for the most part.  Even when I had some issues, I would still buy from all of them again without reservations.  I would try to avoid dealing with Andrew if I could.  In my dealings, because of Andrew's activities, it cost his client artist money.  If I was an artist, I would go to a rep who would not cost me the best opportunity to get the most money.

Or just sell directly to collectors. This is a growing trend that typically nets an artist more if they have the capacity to manage that side of the business. The problem is between deadlines, conventions, commissions, etc, it is a lot. 

I've worked with cadence on at least 3 occasions, one for a Paul azaceta commission, one as a Dave Wachtel commission, one for a Mike Hawthorne. They all hate a wait time but none of them exceeded 3 months from what I recall(the Wachtr was a con pickup and was ready at the con). 

Both times the order was online only i had no issues with any of the reps emailing me, tho I couldn't give their names off memory I an pretty sure I contacted an Andrew at least once. I wouldn't say I had any problems at all, and I'm surprised at seeing whats going on with the arrists leaving.

Artist Danistrips whoalso is ripped by them posted on her IG that she is going to fulfill all the commissions she has from her prior list, she mentions cadence but I didnt see anywhere where she explicitly stated she is leaving them. 

No clue whats happening. 

On 2/1/2024 at 6:58 PM, Doc McCoy said:

Dave Wachter, Tom Fowler and Gabriel Hardman have all made announcements via social media that they are no longer with Cadence.

Emails to Corey and Andrew now bounce back.

I have a DM to Tim Seeley, hoping he has moved on elsewhere. I am still interested in getting a commission from him, but no way I am dealing with Cadence after my last interactions.

I've recently received both Dave Watcher and Paul Azaceta commissions from them with no problem.

However, I'm still waiting on one Werther Dell'Edera commission from them. 

I have no idea what is going on with them but it doesn't appear to look good that all of these guys are leaving.    I guess we will find out soon enough?

As posted earlier, I recieved a large order from them about a month ago. It was a mixture of pre-purchase art and commissions from a years ago.

I was told all the commissions were done and in hand about six months before the art was shipped to me. 

I would email them and they'd say "We have your order in hand and will contact you with the shipping info by the end of the month, once we're done this con".

Then crickets. So the end of the month would pass and I'd email again. Crickets. I'd send another one and they'd respond saying the exact same thing they said before, only prepping for a different con.

After this routine happened five or six times, they did send everything to me and it arrived just fine.

I didn't feel that they were trying to rip me off in any way, but my instinct was that they were behind on orders yet still prioritizing conventions.

Eventually I had to say several times:

"I understand con season is crazy, but con season is essentially all year now and I paid you thousands of dollars years ago. You told me my purchases would be shipped out six months ago, so please ship them to me this month regardless of upcoming conventions."

Edited by babsrocks31

On 2/2/2024 at 10:11 AM, NinjaSealed said:

Has any received or know anyone who has received any art from them in the past few months?

They had their HUGE annual sale recently in Nov/December , I’m pretty sure I saw collectors post art they received. 

My latest order arrived in August, a Werther DellEdera sketch.

I just reached out to Werther, he didn’t go into details, but will try to deliver  my other pre-paid commission. 

On 2/2/2024 at 11:51 AM, roach04 said:

Ah damn.  I've got a James Stokoe commission (from June 2022) that I saw posted on Stokoe's socials in mid-Jan of this year.  Hopefully there are no issues with me getting it...

I suggest reaching out to the artist directly, and  check if the art is still in his possession.  🤞

On 2/2/2024 at 11:36 AM, EggShen4thewin said:

I've recently received both Dave Watcher and Paul Azaceta commissions from them with no problem.

However, I'm still waiting on one Werther Dell'Edera commission from them. 

I have no idea what is going on with them but it doesn't appear to look good that all of these guys are leaving.    I guess we will find out soon enough?

Did your commission appear in Werther’s January Insta post ? It may already be done…

I ordered and received artwork about a month ago from them. I've ordered from them regularly and have had no issues, and I'm an international customer. 

Regarding their radio silence during cons: This I haven't experienced from Cadence but I have from other reps.

Whatever's happened, I doubt it's due to their timeliness (or lack of) in shipping artwork, this seems way more serious.

On 2/2/2024 at 12:08 PM, Catwoman_Fan said:

I suggest reaching out to the artist directly, and  check if the art is still in his possession.  🤞

Yeah I'll start that search now.  He doesn't take DMs on his Twitter so time to play detective and do a "who do I know that might know him".

Edited by roach04

On 2/2/2024 at 9:10 AM, Dr. Balls said:

I have a DM to Tim Seeley, hoping he has moved on elsewhere. I am still interested in getting a commission from him, but no way I am dealing with Cadence after my last interactions.

I had a response from Tim, and he asked me to contact him directly. I didn't ask about Cadence, but when I talked to Tim many months ago, I was told to contact Cadence regarding his work. So take that for what you will.

On 2/2/2024 at 7:11 AM, NinjaSealed said:

Has any received or know anyone who has received any art from them in the past few months?

I received a shipment last week from them. Dave Wachter Punisher piece.

On 2/3/2024 at 12:42 PM, barneythecantankerous said:

Andrew is out as well. 

I don't know the ins and outs, but having spoken with a couple of the artists I'm friendly with it appears the owner (Paolo) has done something which is likely going to cost him his reputation and company. 

According to them it's almost certain that Cadence is dead. It seems like the artists are tying up loose ends with commissions and what not, but if you want art or are expecting something you should probably be at them.

Well, now, that is truly unfortunate.

Having said the above: They all -- Paolo, Andrew and Corey -- should have done better by their customers and, in turn, their artists. Paolo flat-out lied to me during our transaction about shipping the art and, after I filed a case with PayPal, he lied about sending my refund, so I knew never to deal with him again.