• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Ebay farce of the day. Photo of Detective 27s on a shelf... $5000.00

230 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I'm trying to be match maker. People will recall the day this great friendship was cemented kav. 

7 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I'm trying to be match maker. People will recall the day this great friendship was cemented kav. 

You're good! You have a soothing, almost uncanny tranquilizing effect! Like washing down a sedative with a bromide. :shy:

Edited by James J Johnson

On 9/22/2018 at 12:30 PM, Larryw7 said:

Those books should be fast tracked and graded because they'll definitely be 9.8's fresh from the newsstand!

I'm not seeing that - the Action, Adventure and Detective have substantial corner curls, rippling, no doubt tears etc  Looks as if they're in slots that are too small to accommodate them.  They might all benefit from a press though lol

12 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

You're good! You have a soothing, almost uncanny tranquilizing effect! Like washing down a sedative with a bromide. :shy:

Yes. There needs to be more love on the boards James. And kissing. You should kiss each other, to show. Kiss.

Kiss!

KISS THE BIG UGLY SHARK! :mad:

:)

47 minutes ago, pemart1966 said:
On 9/22/2018 at 9:30 AM, Larryw7 said:

Those books should be fast tracked and graded because they'll definitely be 9.8's fresh from the newsstand!

I'm not seeing that - the Action, Adventure and Detective have substantial corner curls, rippling, no doubt tears etc  Looks as if they're in slots that are too small to accommodate them.  They might all benefit from a press though lol

I'm pretty sure he was kidding. ;)

14 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

There's nothing wrong with ignoring those who get under your skin. In fact, it is the proper, correct thing to do.

The real problems, in any community, are the people who try to force everyone to get along, through peer pressure and provocation, and to see things "the way they do", not allowing that A. there have always been people who are oil and water, and B. not everyone is required to get along with everyone else.

It is no one but moderation's place to tell grown adults how, why, where, and what they should (and should not) post, nor to chastise them personally, nor to publicly "offer" your "advice" on how they should be getting along with others.

If someone makes it clear to you that they don't want to interact with you, the right thing to do, the conscientious thing to do, is to honor that. 

If you find yourself refusing to ignore them when asked, but choose instead to harass, harangue, provoke, or cajole them in any way, no matter how subtly...you...not they...are the problem.

The problem is threads get locked when people wont stop feuding.  So it kinda is ok for other boardies to implore grown adults to act differently.

Edited by kav

11 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

There's nothing wrong with ignoring those who get under your skin. In fact, it is the proper, correct thing to do.

The real problems, in any community, are the people who try to force everyone to get along, through peer pressure and provocation, and to see things "the way they do", not allowing that A. there have always been people who are oil and water, and B. not everyone is required to get along with everyone else.

It is no one but moderation's place to tell grown adults how, why, where, and what they should (and should not) post, nor to chastise them personally, nor to publicly "offer" your "advice" on how they should be getting along with others.

If someone makes it clear to you that they don't want to interact with you, the right thing to do, the conscientious thing to do, is to honor that. 

If you find yourself refusing to ignore them when asked, but choose instead to harass, harangue, provoke, or cajole them in any way, no matter how subtly...you...not they...are the problem.

A solid 10 Gem Mint of a post.

The blocked user didn't get under my skin, but his attempts to do so are why I blocked. I don't want or need that kind of Dranzer in my life.

3 minutes ago, kav said:

The problem is threads get locked when people wont stop feuding.  So it kinda is ok for other boardies to implore grown adults to act differently.

I think RMA is just supporting my decision to block said user, rather than "try to get along". Blocking will stop the problem, rather than both users measuring dongs. Y'know? When they continue to measure dongs, that's usually what ends up locking threads.

Edit: I even tried to end it by no longer quoting his/her posts, and they tried to draw me back in. They even said awhile ago, "this is my last post in this thread"! Those types of people are close-to-impossible to get along with. Especially for someone like me.

Edited by TwoPiece

2 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I think RMA is just supporting my decision to block said user, rather than "try to get along". Blocking will stop the problem, rather than both users measuring dongs. Y'know? When they continue to measure dongs, that's usually what ends up locking threads.

Kiss!

5 minutes ago, kav said:

The problem is threads get locked when people wont stop feuding.  So it kinda is ok for other boardies to implore grown adults to act differently.

You're supposed to be ignoring him kav. 

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:
13 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

A solid 10 Gem Mint of a post.

The blocked user didn't get under my skin, but his attempts to do so are why I blocked. I don't want or need that kind of Dranzer in my life.

And if any blocked user is a reasonable, conscientious, respectful and respectable person, he/she will honor and respect that, regardless of his/her personal opinions on the situation. That's how grownups with irreconcilable differences handle things, regardless of why they're irreconcilable, or who is at fault, or any other consideration.

Like I said...the real problems in any and every community are the ones who can't control themselves, who have to poke, poke, poke, baiting until they get a response, to which they then point and say "SEE!? I TOLD you so and so was a jerk! This PROVES it!" 

It's completely dishonest. It's real trolling, not the mere disagreeing with someone that is often called "trolling."

5 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Edit: I even tried to end it by no longer quoting his/her posts, and they tried to draw me back in. They even said awhile ago, "this is my last post in this thread"! Those types of people are close-to-impossible to get along with. Especially for someone like me.

Yup. And even the most saintly among us can't forever tolerate someone flashing their dong at you, trying to get your attention. 

If you're a decent person, if you're a reasonable person, and someone makes it clear they don't want to interact with you...just be a grownup and find someone else to interact with.

You'd think this would be basic common sense, but it's not.

6 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Your avatar is attractive, but I'll respectfully pass...

:bigsmile:

Ha! Anyway, I was only mucking about with you. I'm pretty sure, as the Joker, you - and James - both got that. Just though I'd try something different tonight. Liven the place up a bit with some social engineering. It would've been legendary if you both became board buddies. :headbang:

3 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Yup. And even the most saintly among us can't forever tolerate someone flashing their dong at you, trying to get your attention. 

If you're a decent person, if you're a reasonable person, and someone makes it clear they don't want to interact with you...just be a grownup and find someone else to interact with.

You'd think this would be basic common sense, but it's not.

2 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Ha! Anyway, I was only mucking about with you. I'm pretty sure, as the Joker, you - and James - both got that. Just though I'd try something different tonight. Liven the place up a bit with some social engineering. It would've been legendary if you both became board buddies. :headbang:

I expressed willingness to do so. Two-piece, further encouraged by RMA and Kav to continue to insult me in each of their posts since, referring to how inconsiderate I am, bereft of any social grace and childish in nature, a loser in every way possible, over and over, the same theme rehashed, is not. Though totally lacking in decency, as they say, my reading comprehension is uncompromised.

5 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Where's Cilla Black when you need her.

She's 6 feet under, in the Allerton Cemetery, in Liverpool, with her husband.

(Sorry if I offended you by responding and for any content that might have inadvertently done so. Now I know I should either ask first or not respond at all).

I'll add this disclaimer to all of my posts hence.

Edited by James J Johnson

26 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

You're supposed to be ignoring him kav. 

I have several people on ignore, RMA is not one of them.  I was referring to his inability to ignore Stu.  That's why I brought up the self-control issue.