• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Developing Winter Soldier-Falcon Limited Series for Disney’s Streaming Service
3 3

1,118 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Time will tell. But I get where your thinking is at.

But remember. Stark had to fix the shield after Civil War due to damage caused by Black Panther.

Cap_Sheild2.thumb.JPG.092297e98159becd3d276f660f6ed1a5.JPG

Did he have access to Vibranium when he did this? I don't think he did. Though that shield later on was shattered by Thanos.

Could it be the real shield has to be repaired after the attack by the Dora Milaje? And they may have used a technique like Tony used.

Tony had the prototype shield that showed up in Iron Man 2. It's never explicitly stated it's Vibranium, but one could assume given the circumstances. I imagine he used that as sort of donor parts to repair Steve's shield, but I suppose that's personal conclusions rather than hard facts.

There isn't any visible damage to the shield after Walkers battle with Ayo & co. We get pretty good looks at it after he untethers himself from the table and after he bashes the guys head/chest in at the end. 

The only course of events I can come up with that would require the shield to be repaired like this would be Bucky using his Vibranium arm to crack the center of the shield in the first fight we're gonna see between him and Walker in the warehouse this week.

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

whatevs-5ad756.jpg.69b4b8e519f433baacc3c8cb2178bf9f.jpg

From the Wikipedia definition of the Road Movie genre:

"A road movie is a film genre in which the main characters leave home on a road trip, typically altering the perspective from their everyday lives. The road movie keeps its characters "on the move", and as such the "car, the tracking shot, [and] wide and wild open space" are important iconography elements, similar to a Western movie.[9] As well, the road movie is similar to a Western in that road films are also about a "frontiersmanship" and about the codes of discovery (often self-discovery)."

The two main characters of Captain Marvel travel from Los Angeles to a desert military base to Louisiana to outer space via space plane, commuter train, and automobile. Along the way, Fury discovers the world is a much bigger place than he once thought, and Carol discovers her identity which leads to her powering up.

Captain Marvel is totally a buddy road movie.

Just now, @therealsilvermane said:

"A road movie is a film genre in which the main characters leave home on a road trip, typically altering the perspective from their everyday lives. The road movie keeps its characters "on the move", and as such the "car, the tracking shot, [and] wide and wild open space" are important iconography elements, similar to a Western movie.[9] As well, the road movie is similar to a Western in that road films are also about a "frontiersmanship" and about the codes of discovery (often self-discovery)."

The two main characters of Captain Marvel travel from Los Angeles to a desert military base to Louisiana to outer space via space plane, commuter train, and automobile. Along the way, Fury discovers the world is a much bigger place than he once thought, and Carol discovers her identity which leads to her powering up.

It's cute that you enjoy that movie so much, reminds me of when I was a teenager and friends had crushes on movie stars.

But I'm not quite sure what it has to do with this specific tv series, do you expect her to show up?

8 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Guardians of the Galaxy. Fits that description perfectly and came out much earlier than CM. 

It’s like shooting fish in a barrel.

D674BB05-AB90-4A43-9D2F-4D461FD617BD.gif

Just now, skypinkblu said:

It's cute that you enjoy that movie so much, reminds me of when I was a teenager and friends had crushes on movie stars.

But I'm not quite sure what it has to do with this specific tv series, do you expect her to show up?

Bosco685 posted a video above that jokes that FWS had its origins in a fan/media person asking Kevin Feige years ago when will there be a Falcon Winter Soldier buddy road movie. I just noted that the first true MCU buddy road movie was Captain Marvel.

A lot of MCU movies actually involve the characters traveling different places to complete their movie mission, but Captain Marvel actually contains the elements of a traditional road movie. It has wide open spaces, travel by car, scenes in a bar, etc. The characters go through a kind of self-discovery along the way. The characters starts at point A and end at point D, never going backwards until the epilogue scene when the mission is over.

I'm not even sure Falcon and Winter Soldier counts as a road adventure.

5 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Bosco685 posted a video above that jokes that FWS had its origins in a fan/media person asking Kevin Feige years ago when will there be a Falcon Winter Soldier buddy road movie. I just noted that the first true MCU buddy road movie was Captain Marvel.

A lot of MCU movies actually involve the characters traveling different places to complete their movie mission, but Captain Marvel actually contains the elements of a traditional road movie. It has wide open spaces, travel by car, scenes in a bar, etc. The characters go through a kind of self-discovery along the way. The characters starts at point A and end at point D, never going backwards until the epilogue scene when the mission is over.

And the first thing that came in your mind was 'Let me detract from Falcon/Winter Soldier by declaring Captain Marvel did it first?

Makes perfect sense. In some insane asylum somewhere.

captainmarveleverywhere.gif.c0195cda27b90951b2e89d8a550b2e8b.gif

2 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

Guardians of the Galaxy. Fits that description perfectly and came out much earlier than CM. 

It’s like shooting fish in a barrel.

D674BB05-AB90-4A43-9D2F-4D461FD617BD.gif

Not really, because a significant amount of GOTG involves our heroes sitting in a Xandarian prison and then trying to break out of the prison. The only real "road tripping" that happens in the movie is when the pre-Guardians go to Nowhere to see the Collector. Most of the movie happens on Xandar.

11 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

So kind of like Thelma and Louise without Thelma or Louise? 

I remember her on a motorcycle and being with a cat that was not a cat at the end. I just don't remember a road trip, but I would not argue with a genuine aficionado. 

4 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

So kind of like Thelma and Louise without Thelma or Louise? 

I remember her on a motorcycle and being with a cat that was not a cat at the end. I just don't remember a road trip, but I would not argue with a genuine aficionado. 

Thelma and Louise is definitely a road trip movie.

You don't have to technically use a car to road trip. It can be a greyhound bus(like It Happened One Night) or motorcycle(like Easy Rider) or whatever. Terminator 2 (which Captain Marvel draw inspiration from) has elements of the buddy road movie within its sci fi action genre.

Captain Marvel first jumps on a commuter train as she chases a Skrull, with Fury in pursuit. Carol then steals a motorcycle to get to Pancho's Bar out in the desert where she meets Nick Fury again. They both use his car to travel to the desert military base where Project Pegasus is housed. They then use the Kree tech ship to fly cross country to Louisiana to meet Maria Rambeau. They then outfit that ship to get to outer space to discover Mar Vell's orbiting space lab. Along the way, both Fury and Danvers make discoveries important to the development of their characters within the MCU.

In this way, Captain Marvel is a "road" movie.

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

You don't have to technically use a car to road trip. It can be a greyhound bus(like It Happened One Night) or motorcycle(like Easy Rider) or whatever. Terminator 2 (which Captain Marvel draw inspiration from) has elements of the buddy road movie within its sci fi action genre.

Captain Marvel first jumps on a commuter train as she chases a Skrull, with Fury in pursuit. Carol then steals a motorcycle to get to Pancho's Bar out in the desert where she meets Nick Fury again. They both use his car to travel to the desert military base where Project Pegasus is housed. They then use the Kree tech ship to fly cross country to Louisiana to meet Maria Rambeau. They then outfit that ship to get to outer space to discover Mar Vell's orbiting space lab. Along the way, both Fury and Danvers make discoveries important to the development of their characters within the MCU.

OK, now use those super powers for good...;)

Figure out who is going to show up on Friday in this show;) 

Or I might have to start playing a Willie Nelson song to remove Carol Danvers from the center of your thoughts;) :foryou:

9 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

There really is a much larger Marvel Universe world, as you know.

Quit trying to force one view on these productions so you once again drop 'Captain Marvel love' everywhere that you can unnecessarily.

8 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

OK, now use those super powers for good...;)

Figure out who is going to show up on Friday in this show;) 

Or I might have to start playing a Willie Nelson song to remove Carol Danvers from the center of your thoughts;) :foryou:

I like to think it is good. The way I see it (and I think many others do, too, hence all the hate she gets), Captain Marvel is part of a culture war in America with the stakes being really its soul. I'd like to see the side that Captain Marvel happens to be on win.

I'm also just too invested in the Carol Danvers character to get out of my head. It's very important to me that the character succeeds. I like winners.

5 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Mephisto, obv.

But someone said really mean things about Captain Marvel and Brie Larson in other venues so we need to make sure that gets addressed here.

You dirty dogs (disclaimer: in other places that said mean things about Captain Marvel and Brie Larson which was not really here but does that really matter because its critical to someone no matter where he is at to spread the love).