• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Developing Winter Soldier-Falcon Limited Series for Disney’s Streaming Service
3 3

1,118 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, letsgrumble said:

The Blip is such an all-consuming albatross for all writers of MCU storylines moving forward.

A pardon for saving the world from Thanos makes complete sense, but why wouldn't they just mention it as opposed to forcing us all to figure it out?

6 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Someone leaked images of some action figures related to this series that are rather spoilery.  It's mostly things most of us could have guessed, but still, seeing what they look like is a bit of a spoiler, so if you don't want to see Sam or Bucky's costumes from late in the show, don't expand this spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

Sam's costume and his inevitable acceptance of the mantle of Cap is predictable, but I wouldn't have guessed they'd go with a retro 1940s Bucky mask on Barnes.

FB-IMG-1616596224406.jpg

Wait a minute...now I think that second figure is based upon a comics version of Winter Soldier since it doesn't reference the show on the package or look much like Sebastian Stan.  But the Falcon figure is somewhat of a spoiler, albeit one most of us were already expecting.

Not a spoiler but more recognizing a potential nice touch.

When the band is playing that song at the stadium as John Walker comes out, isn't that the war bond campaign song from Captain America: The First Avenger?

I found moments of this weeks episode to be rushed and awkward for the sake of moving the story along. I do like the direction of the story though, just for me certain moments seemed forced. Example being the scene with the therapist....very dumb and really not that funny. Also Bucky being arrested was weird.

Maybe someone can explain why Sam is with the Air Force but not? Was he doing an illegal mission at the start of episode one? Or does he work for the Air Force? If so why did he call himself a freelancer to John Walker? It just seems like Sams position in the world and in this show seems ambiguous. He doesn’t have money but he obviously working but for free?....it’s weird

Edited by comicginger1789

Ha! I quickly bought 8 copies of Truth: Red, White & Black # 1 back when Captain America # 25 came out because the rumor was Isaiah Bradley would become the new Captain America.

so I’m still at a loss re. who the Big Bad might be. Flag-Smasher? Baron von Strucker?

4 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

I’m still at a loss re. who the Big Bad might be. Flag-Smasher? Baron von Strucker?

Never mind - I just did some reading up on The Power Broker - I thought that was a code name rather than an actual character.

So, per the comics, it’s likely Walker will taste defeat again at the hands of the Flag Smashers, go to the Power Broker for super serum himself, and be driven mad, likely turning into the evil version of US Agent in the process. So the show will likely focus on Walker’s transition to the dark side, as expected.

Just joining....

Has it ever been addressed "where" the snapped people reappear 5 years later? Like if they're on an airplane over the ocean when thanos snapped, did they reappear at 30,000ft when Tony re-snaps? 

Monica seemed to reappear in the exact same hospital chair she was sitting in back in WandaVision, so do people in cars reappear in their same carseat wherever their car is (regardless of who might be in the seat at the time of reappearance) or do they reappear in the middle of the road at the spot they disappeared??

Again, I don't know if this has been addressed elsewhere. 

Edited by jcjames

1 hour ago, jcjames said:

Just joining....

Has it ever been addressed "where" the snapped people reappear 5 years later? Like if they're on an airplane over the ocean when thanos snapped, did they reappear at 30,000ft when Tony re-snaps? 

Monica seemed to reappear in the exact same hospital chair she was sitting in back in WandaVision, so do people in cars reappear in their same carseat wherever their car is (regardless of who might be in the seat at the time of reappearance) or do they reappear in the middle of the road at the spot they disappeared??

Hulk snapped back those who disappeared.  Tony snapped Thanos' army away.  :baiting:

Edited by apollobuzz

9 hours ago, jcjames said:

Just joining....

Been talked about extensively how this was another plothole where Hulk via The Blip brought everyone back in Endgame (the movie with no plotholes). And from all we have seen, right back to where they were Snapped.

But oddly enough where if any other studio did this it would be called out to death, those same folks quickly fill in the hole with 'This is DOCTOR Banner so his incredible brain accounted for all the hazards'.

People on airplanes, boats, were driving on busy highways that now would be hit, sailors in submarines that were on an active mission, etc. Banner accounts for it all with his incredible brain.

Tony Stark to Banner: "Okay, remember, everyone Thanos snapped away five years ago, you’re just bringing them back to now, today. Don't change anything from the last five years."

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

But oddly enough where if any other studio did this it would be called out to death, those same folks quickly fill in the hole with 'This is DOCTOR Banner so his incredible brain accounted for all the hazards'.

It seemed problematic to me at the time, but I had already turned my brain off to accept the time travel impossibilities that allowed Banner to have the stones in the first place so I didn't feel particularly motivated to game out the issues.  I didn't see a point given that the entire concept of Endgame already required me to not question it too much.  (shrug)

Is it just me, or is Bucky just not as "Bad A**" when he isn't the true Winter Soldier under the influence of the words that put him into "soldier mode"?  This is the Winter Soldier I want to see, and I hope this version returns, albeit for the good of humanity this time. 

Edited by Mr.Fantastic