• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adventures in the Dollar Box
9 9

1,637 posts in this topic

On 8/26/2021 at 12:27 PM, Kerdese said:

It’s off getting graded. It has a tear so that’s probably why it was in the dollar bin. I got it about 25 years ago. I’m guessing it’s around a 5.0. Should be a few months before I get it back.

9417B58A-6FED-4ECA-AB44-9A7868DCFD46.jpeg

I miss O’Leary’s to this day.

On 8/26/2021 at 11:24 PM, OtherEric said:

Tacoma. I went to high school at Bellarmine in the late 80's; I remember spending my lunch money getting some of my first ever golden age books there, among others.

Right on! I went to elementary school at Southgate in the early 80’s (Kent for high school) and O Leary’s was right behind my babysitter’s house. There was a hill so I still had to go around to get to it, but I got a lot of books there too. Good old days for sure.  

I found a decent local store here in Minnesota. Closest thing I’ve found to O’Leary’s. Huge back issue section, so I’ve been catching up on books. 

I got these at the used bookstore 

2 X #1's holofoil

And #2-4 all holofoil, and what looks to be a 2nd print silver surfer #1 for half cover price, came to $16 with tax :) so $2 a piece :tink:

20211007_143926.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/24/2021 at 12:22 AM, littledoom said:

Some really good stuff in there.. lots of 90s!

Thanks! Yeah, I’m always looking for second prints, newsstands, and shiny junk from that time when I can grab them on the cheap!