• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adventures in the Dollar Box
9 9

1,637 posts in this topic

On 3/12/2022 at 9:34 PM, Raze said:

I got the Batman out of a $1 box and the Thor from a $2 box at a LCS today. 

Scan 2022-3-12 21.24.51.jpg

Scan 2022-3-12 21.25.47.jpg

Wow! Nice finds!!

Edit - I've found some great hidden gems at LCS's, but it's usually niche titles that slip through the cracks. Always nice (and kind of amazing) when you find a ridiculous deal in a more mainstream title at a shop.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 3/18/2022 at 10:58 AM, fastballspecial said:

Ive been looking for those Dr strange issues in newsstand for fun.

That doesn't sound like fun. I only look for things that actually exist. (shrug)

Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme was a Direct-only title. Of course, because Marvel is Marvel (which is not a compliment, in case you're wondering), most early issues have UPCs and a few issues even have multiple versions with what appear to be both Direct and Newsstand editions.

Are these books all in bad shape?

Seems crazy that folks dont take a few minutes to go online and see what they are worth before all but giving them away.

The flea markets I go to...the sellers seem to know whats what.

On 3/18/2022 at 12:54 PM, lostboys said:

Are these books all in bad shape?

Seems crazy that folks dont take a few minutes to go online and see what they are worth before all but giving them away.

The flea markets I go to...the sellers seem to know whats what.

None of these are in bad shape. They're mostly NM flat shapes. I was surprised. Even the FCBD/giveaways promos are unstamped. These came from the original owner who took really good care of the comics he collected. He did know the value. He has a big collection and had the books for 10-20+ years. He wanted them gone. He did keep the ASM and Batmans though

Edited by littledoom