• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

show us your Mile Highs (Edgar Church copies)
7 7

641 posts in this topic

On 9/24/2020 at 12:05 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Not the prettiest due to the mis-cut, but here’s my entry. I tried to reason with CGC to update the label for this that it's the 1st gorilla cover in comics or 1st comic to showcase a gorilla on the cover, however you want to say it. There's a fun backstory online with the history of the book, and how this comic made it popular going forward to put gorillas on covers. Alas, I lost the battle for that lol. I may be reaching haha, but I choose to believe you could make an argument that this book paved the way for the creation of the DC villain, Gorilla Grodd. Just my .02.

81AF08B4-118C-4B5E-A5AF-03F4DE7771C0.jpeg

Does CGC still note mis-cut books? I haven’t seen one that I can recall, and I’ve seen some way more mis cut books than yours. 

2 hours ago, manofsteel said:

Does CGC still note mis-cut books? I haven’t seen one that I can recall, and I’ve seen some way more mis cut books than yours. 

I could be wrong but I don’t believe they do notate that anymore, and if I got this reholdered it would come off the label.

2 hours ago, manofsteel said:

Thanks... I have a Supes 31 with that noted too. I wouldn’t mind reholdering it to have it removed. 

Yeah I mean once again I’m not 100% positive, but pretty damn sure they don’t anymore. I certainly haven’t seen anything like that in a looonnnggg time, but would be worth calling CGC to check before sending in. I just sent my Superman 30 and 31 in to get graded. Luckily no mis cuts to worry about lol.

Edited by LDarkseid1

1 hour ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Yeah I mean once again I’m not 100% positive, but pretty damn sure they don’t anymore. I certainly haven’t seen anything like that in a looonnnggg time, but would be worth calling CGC to check before sending in. I just sent my Superman 30 and 31 in to get graded. Luckily no mis cuts to worry about lol.

Did you find a nice 30? It’s on my list to buy when I come across a nice one for a decent price. Good luck on the grade.

16 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

The seller stated that the reason he didn't send it in for grading was because CGC wouldn't grade it because of a very slight overhang. Would that still be the case now?

This was a concern with the original cases and, while it is less so now, they still have to be careful with what they'll slab as they still place the book in a plastic well with sides that are perpendicular to the floor.