• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom 2 - "There's Gonna Be Carnage" (10/2/20?)
3 3

728 posts in this topic

I'm not as negative on this movie as some are. And I'm not even a big Venom character fan.

I found the first movie to be entertaining because of the dual personality concept and Venom's gravely voice telling Eddie what to do.

Time will tell.

So the word from the early screenings is the post credits scene...

Spoiler

features Tom Hollands Spider Man showing up on a TV and Venom saying he looks tasty. It's also of note that Hardy was just caught wearing a No Way Home crew ballcap, so there may be something else afoot here too. hm

Edited by AJLewandoski

Why post a movie post-credit scene and ruin that for people beforehand?

if someone did that to an MCU film, the hardcores would lose their minds and escalate to moderation to delete it and reprimand the person revealing this.

That's just wrong.

On 9/17/2021 at 5:21 PM, Bosco685 said:

Why post a movie post-credit scene and ruin that for people beforehand?

if someone did that to an MCU film, the hardcores would lose their minds and escalate to moderation to delete it and reprimand the person revealing this.

That's just wrong.

Well its just a rumor I have no idea if it's true. Sorry if I've offended you I did write spoiler alert in there I forgot there's a button for it on here but I changed it.

On 9/17/2021 at 6:39 PM, AJLewandoski said:

Well its just a rumor I have no idea if it's true. Sorry if I've offended you I did write spoiler alert in there I forgot there's a button for it on here but I changed it.

Remember the days when you would go into a movie and get hit with a huge surprise that was kept secret to bring that rush of pleasure? So many examples of great experiences like that through the decades.

We all should do what we can here to maintain those surprises which come from (we all hope) movie magic and genius creativity to wow us all. No matter the movie is Disney, Sony, WarnerMedia or any other studio.

This looks worse than the first one - and that's saying something.

Also - the timing is odd. So it comes out Oct. 1, only to be curb stomped by No Time to Die the week following?

Think someone mentioned earlier that maybe it ties to Far From Home and therefore had to come out before then. Otherwise, why not just push this to January? That - plus the many news articles pushing the rumored post-credits scene, seem the only reason to keep the release date.

Sigh...I'll probably watch it Thanksgiving weekend via Redbox, if only out of loyalty to my middle school self, who had the foresight to buy half a dozen copies of ASM 361 the week of release.

On 9/18/2021 at 6:47 AM, Gatsby77 said:

This looks worse than the first one - and that's saying something.

Also - the timing is odd. So it comes out Oct. 1, only to be curb stomped by No Time to Die the week following?

Think someone mentioned earlier that maybe it ties to Far From Home and therefore had to come out before then. Otherwise, why not just push this to January? That - plus the many news articles pushing the rumored post-credits scene, seem the only reason to keep the release date.

Sigh...I'll probably watch it Thanksgiving weekend via Redbox, if only out of loyalty to my middle school self, who had the foresight to buy half a dozen copies of ASM 361 the week of release.

Gatsby for "Nobody puts Baby in the corner"

:baiting:

:roflmao:

Venom (2018) was such a surprise hit, those that predicted it failure were shocked. Including with domestic Home Theater sales which was quite strong.

Venom_HT.png.ec8414f53bc50926d2763a6ee93b9a5f.png

We'll see if lightning can strike twice. Especially with Woody Harrelson having an even larger role in the sequel alongside Tom Hardy. Two powerhouse stars in the lead.

On 9/18/2021 at 8:03 AM, D84 said:

I'm not saying it won't make money. I'm saying, like the first one, will be :censored:.

It's okay it didn't work for some folks. Others it did.

But it is a trend when you watch these threads with folks that love to proclaim 'only the MCU' and then they go quiet when the box office results come rolling in.

That isn't you. :tink:

I was disappointed with the first one. It was ok I guess but the effects in the finale looked like a PlayStation game. That said, I’m rooting for this one because I love watching Tom Hardy and I love these characters. I hope this one just goes over the top and will be one of those superior sequels to the original.

On 9/18/2021 at 8:26 AM, Bosco685 said:

It's okay it didn't work for some folks. Others it did.

But it is a trend when you watch these threads with folks that love to proclaim 'only the MCU' and then they go quiet when the box office results come rolling in.

That isn't you. :tink:

*Raises hand*

The first Venom was hot garbage, as was Joker.

(Neither, However, was as bad as the first Suicide Squad film or BvS.)

Also - nobody asked for a non-R-rated Venom/Carnage film - makes about as much sense as the PG-13 Die Hard.

30+ years ago Verhoeven’s first cut of Robocop was rated NC-17 for violence.

And now we’ve got a PG-13 Carnage film? :p

On 9/17/2021 at 6:39 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

Ok, this guy lost all credibility.  Wow

Yea, Oscars?  No.  The ONLY reason Heath Ledger or Joaquin Phoenix were ever nominated is because they were playing characters within the realm of possibility.  The idea that an actor playing a fictional symbiote host would ever get Oscar consideration is bizarre and seemingly naive to how the Academy operates.

On 9/18/2021 at 9:33 AM, Oddball said:

I think this movie came out the same year as Venom. Vastly more entertaining.

Agreed.

This was basically an off-brand Bloodshot film, but smarter - and much better than the Vin Diesel Bloodshot film we actually got.

It was written by Leigh Whannell, who - as a writer - hasn't missed yet.