• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom 2 - "There's Gonna Be Carnage" (10/2/20?)
3 3

728 posts in this topic

i haven't been on the movie threads much for the last year plus, playing over in the gold and silver forums with my idle-time.  but with theaters back, i've come back a bit, and all i can say is y'all must have been darned mean to the informal "head" of the movie section in my absence, as he's more sensitive and defensive than i remember him from pre-covid days.   reading his current stuff is a slog--what a tired litany . 

Edited by Straw-Man

On 9/18/2021 at 11:33 AM, Straw-Man said:

i haven't been on the movie threads much for the last year plus, playing over in the gold and silver forums with my idle-time.  but with theaters back, i've come back a bit, and all i can say is y'all must have been darned mean to the informal "head" of the movie section in my absence, as he's more sensitive and defensive than i remember him from pre-covid days.   reading his current stuff is a slog--what a tired litany . 

:roflmao:

Uh-huh

On 9/18/2021 at 10:02 AM, Gatsby77 said:

*Raises hand*

The first Venom was hot garbage, as was Joker.

(Neither, However, was as bad as the first Suicide Squad film or BvS.)

Also - nobody asked for a non-R-rated Venom/Carnage film - makes about as much sense as the PG-13 Die Hard.

30+ years ago Verhoeven’s first cut of Robocop was rated NC-17 for violence.

And now we’ve got a PG-13 Carnage film? :p

Venom actually wasn't 'hot garbage' as without a Spider-Man they still made it work due to the zany voice insert and the dual personality interplay.

As far as the other movies you mentioned, you definitely swung and missed on Joker. Somebody enjoyed it after making over a billion dollars at the box office and even the domestic Home Theater landed strong.

Joker_HT.png.2eec710bd52a85473ea5fdfc90293508.png

There is an audience for most movies. Venom, Joker and others found their targets. It happens.

On 9/18/2021 at 1:14 PM, Bosco685 said:

Venom actually wasn't 'hot garbage' as without a Spider-Man they still made it work due to the zany voice insert and the dual personality interplay.

As far as the other movies you mentioned, you definitely swung and missed on Joker. Somebody enjoyed it after making over a billion dollars at the box office and even the domestic Home Theater landed strong.

Joker_HT.png.2eec710bd52a85473ea5fdfc90293508.png

There is an audience for most movies. Venom, Joker and others found their targets. It happens.

Yes - and the Transformers films made billions. Doesn't mean they were good.

You might have misunderstood my reply - you claimed above that many folks (presumably myself included) who predicted both Venom and Joker would bomb at the box office somehow clammed up with their criticisms once the films did well financially.

Nope - my vocal criticisms continued, largely because the films (once I finally saw them) were just as as their premises and trailers made them appear.

A turd wrapped in a golden wrapper is still a turd.

I don't know what happened either, but you're right about the timeframe where it became more acute.  (shrug)  :sorry:

Be nice, Billy!

On 9/18/2021 at 2:17 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Yes - and the Transformers films made billions. Doesn't mean they were good.

You might have misunderstood my reply - you claimed above that many folks (presumably myself included) who predicted both Venom and Joker would bomb at the box office somehow clammed up with their criticisms once the films did well financially.

Nope - my vocal criticisms continued, largely because the films (once I finally saw them) were just as as their premises and trailers made them appear.

A turd wrapped in a golden wrapper is still a turd.

I didn't see that one coming!

disney_accting.PNG.55289860e4543ac48063bfc171196a5f.PNG

:roflmao:

On 9/18/2021 at 2:35 PM, fantastic_four said:

I don't know what happened either, but you're right about the timeframe where it became more acute.  (shrug)  :sorry:

Oh, it wouldn't be the extremists accusing people of being racists and misogynists if they talk bad about MCU films. And especially if Captain Marvel is involved.

It wouldn't be the same folks that with a DC movie bring in special accounting practices, but with a Disney movie (especially Marvel Studios films) expenses are to the floor and revenue to the roof.

Come on. Are you serious?

On 9/18/2021 at 5:48 PM, Bosco685 said:

Oh, it wouldn't be the extremists accusing people of being racists and misogynists if they talk bad about MCU films. And especially if Captain Marvel is involved.

It wouldn't be the same folks that with a DC movie bring in special accounting practices, but with a Disney movie (especially Marvel Studios films) expenses are to the floor and revenue to the roof.

Come on. Are you serious?

u mad, bro?

On 9/18/2021 at 6:37 PM, Gatsby77 said:

u mad, bro?

Nah. You make it fun when you bring up a flawed assumption then have it disproven (Black Widow streaming-to-box office conversion).

Christmas is coming soon. I got ya covered!

disneycalculator.thumb.jpg.763ca77e148c74b4b96db28f0d49cc3b.jpg

I’m going to go out on a small limb and say Venom 2 does better in comparison the 007.  Venom may not pull in equal cash but if you compare cost and expectations I’m thinking Venom does great compared to the stale 007 movie. 

It's just sad how I can already see the trilogy played out.

We have Carnage here, most likely doesn't die

3rd movie....Maximum Garbage, with a all star cast, Spiderman and Avengers crossover

Ahead of Venom: Let There Be Carnage, Hardy had offered up some Spider-Man and Venom teases on his social media accounts. In a posted-and-instantly-deleted piece of fan art, Hardy shared a piece that saw Venom crunching his jaw down on Spider-Man. While talking to ComicBook.com in an exclusive interview, Hardy opened up about the post. "That is like little Spidey legs hanging outside the mouth of Venom, isn't it?" the Eddie Brock actor said. "That's wish fulfillment, that. What does it look like?"

The art was posted back in April of 2020. It was deleted nearly instantly, prompting screenshots and excitement to circulate.

"Of course, it's in our minds all the time," Hardy added. "Look at the photo! That's little Spidey legs hanging out of the teeth of Venom. It's really... It's really specific. It's like a Kabib call out." Hardy does note, he wants to see Venom take a bite out of Spider-Man but not Tom Holland. "Actually, just the Spider-Man, love Tom," he said. "You know what I mean?"