• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom 2 - "There's Gonna Be Carnage" (10/2/20?)
3 3

728 posts in this topic

On 10/1/2021 at 4:25 PM, Gatsby77 said:

And WandaVision was about as far from the typical "comic book template" as you could get - and I think the best Marvel Netflix show since Jessica Jones.

Unfortunately then WandaVision boiled down to a horrible ending with a criminal that held 3,892 Westview residents hostage to forget her own pain. And how is she held accountable for her actions?

"Goodbye, Monica!"

"Bye, Wanda. Good luck!"

:facepalm:

On 10/1/2021 at 4:58 PM, Bosco685 said:

Unfortunately then WandaVision boiled down to a horrible ending with a criminal that held 3,892 Westview residents hostage to forget her own pain. And how is she held accountable for her actions?

"Goodbye, Monica!"

"Bye, Wanda. Good luck!"

:facepalm:

She wasn't.

That's the point! She (not Agatha) was the villain all along.

The entire thing was about Wanda, her fractured psyche (born of losing Vision) and her psychosis. Loved it!

On 10/1/2021 at 5:07 PM, Gatsby77 said:

She wasn't.

That's the point! She (not Agatha) was the villain all along.

The entire thing was about Wanda, her fractured psyche (born of losing Vision) and her psychosis. Loved it!

You clearly know if any other studio pulled that scene, there would be a few of the louder negative claims lodged against the creators for throwing a ham-handed engagement like that (not you - never you :baiting: ).

There are those on here that sportf*&^% other studios to the point they spin each other up who can post the more toxic zinger. That scene was horrible! And I was having a great time watching WandaVision throughout until we get Ralph Bohner and then that engagement with Monica.

On 10/1/2021 at 5:38 PM, Bosco685 said:

You clearly know if any other studio pulled that scene, there would be a few of the louder negative claims lodged against the creators for throwing a ham-handed engagement like that (not you - never you :baiting: ).

There are those on here that sportf*&^% other studios to the point they spin each other up who can post the more toxic zinger. That scene was horrible! And I was having a great time watching WandaVision throughout until we get Ralph Bohner and then that engagement with Monica.

Disagree.

From the beginning my hope was that MarvelVision would have the balls to loosely adapt "House of M" with only two objectives:

Show

1) (Again - after her nearly single-handedly defeated Thanos) that Wanda's one of the most powerful beings in the MCU; and 

2) That's she's bat-mess f---kn crazy. 

On 9/22/2020 at 5:41 PM, Gatsby77 said:

I'd be really into this if the rumors are true - that it's a "House of M"-style Wanda on a psychotic break, and then Dr. Strange has to go do mop up/clean up and fix it in Multiverse of Madness.

Given what Marvel did with Jessica Jones Season One, there's precedent for taking this one *really* dark.

Mission accomplished.

On 10/1/2021 at 6:47 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Disagree.

From the beginning my hope was that MarvelVision would have the balls to loosely adapt "House of M" with only two objectives:

Show

1) (Again - after her nearly single-handedly defeated Thanos) that Wanda's one of the most powerful beings in the MCU; and 

2) That's she's bat-mess f---kn crazy. 

Mission accomplished.

Again, a weak ending. Bohner Vision and 'Bye, Wanda. Good luck!"

Ralph-Bohner-Spinoff-1.thumb.jpg.c649b5dcb33ba596ce89140f095849cc.jpg

while Venom rakes in BO gold, let's not forget there may be additional gold in it's future

#VenomLetThereBeCarnageVenomMovie_July_2021.png is one of the best SUMC films to date. Despite what the trailers may show you, this is a beautiful and heartbreaking film that I think could be a major player in the Oscars next year. Hardy and Harrelson both give their 110% roles and it really shows. Wow.

On 10/2/2021 at 11:11 AM, paperheart said:

‘Venom: Let There Be Carnage’ Gobbling Up $71M+ Weekend (Deadline lowball BTW, others saying $75MM+)

will be crushed by Bond next weekend, but can get to $175MM+ US

Pretty interesting since the estimates had it opening just above A Quiet Place II.

It has a a lot going for it, though, being the first major release in nearly a month, being theatrical exclusive, and having much better reviews than the original (67% on Rotten Tomatoes compared to 30%), all giving it a good shot of becoming the fourth best opener of the year, (the number to beat is A Quiet Place Part II’s $47.5 million opening).

On 10/2/2021 at 1:14 PM, paperheart said:

uneconomic, melting ice cube business lives to bilk the consumer w/ $10 tubs of popcorn another day

What's also uneconomic is a $100/mo phone bill or twice that if you have a family, a $800 new iphone every 2 years, eating at a fine dining restaurant, health insurance, and going to Disney World or going on any kind of vacation. But people still do it. People want to go to the movies and filmmakers want to make movies that will be seen specifically by a crowd in a dark place on a large screen.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

On 10/2/2021 at 10:14 AM, paperheart said:

uneconomic, melting ice cube business lives to bilk the consumer w/ $10 tubs of popcorn another day

When I pay the $20 for the theater rental price to watch it at home, whilst I eat my filet mignon and peasant pasta, washing it all down with a Realm Cabernet, I don't think about the popcorn, or the economy. (shrug)