• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom 2 - "There's Gonna Be Carnage" (10/2/20?)
3 3

728 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

This sounds like something he would have said years ago.  It's not like he could say "no, Venom will never show up in the MCU".  His answer is an answer that isn't an answer.

***I'm getting tired of having the carrot dangled in front of me...but I'll keep biting at it

Ugh.  That was a lot of words to say "maybe".

-J.

9 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

Venom doesn't even make sense without Spider-Man. Sony has no clue about their properties, and have no patience at all. I'm glad Spidey is being handled by Marvel.

But in the MCU he's Iron Boy, not Spider-man.

13 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

Venom doesn't even make sense without Spider-Man. Sony has no clue about their properties, and have no patience at all. I'm glad Spidey is being handled by Marvel.

Hasn't the plan been to have them meet in the third Venom movie ?

-J.

On 8/2/2021 at 8:31 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The transformation VFX look great, but all of the other shots look as bad as the first one. ???

I thought they looked like a step down from the first one, but black is more forgiving than red with VFX.

I still don't see this Venom as anything like the comics character but it looks just as watchable as the first one, so a 'watch once' type of deal.

The problem is still the same though, we already got all the symbiote vs symbiote action in the original. This is going to come down to how good Hardy and Harrelson are together and if there is a decent story to go with it. 

Fortunately I like both actors so that's what will hold it for me! Story isn't usually what these films are particularly interested in xD

Didn't see the first one because the trailers made it look terrible to me.  And I won't see this one because the trailer still looks terrible.

Granted I haven't read a new Spider-man comic in years, but I was around and collecting when Venom hit in ASM 300, I don't remember Brock or Venom being so "jokey".

Edited by media_junkie
Added word "remember".