• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom 2 - "There's Gonna Be Carnage" (10/2/20?)
3 3

728 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I don't know why people are hating on this trailer.  It is awesome!!!  Funny, action packed, looks better than the first one.  First trailer did it's job...got me excited and want to see more.

***What's the average age of all the haters?:baiting:lol

How many Amazing Spider-Man 361s do you own?

6 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

???

Most people aren't easily amused. 2c

Most people within the demographic they are shooting for are easily amused...maybe(?).

I'm just saying that if you're somebody who liked the first Venom (which I did)...this trailer looks just as fun/action packed.  Not looking for Gone With The Wind.  Looking for something fun to enjoy at the movie theatre.

19 minutes ago, D84 said:

How many Amazing Spider-Man 361s do you own?

1...newsstand.  That, X-Men 266 and What If: Conan vs Wolverine... were the books that got me to fall in love with comics.

***I don't collect comics to make money (otherwise I would have sold of my sig)

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
Spelling

No the people who made this film are casting their net far and wide to make the most money

The Venom story is one where a man and being filled with hatred makes a redemption by accepting the pure of heart of what the base of Spiderman is. Venom goes from nemesis to anti hero. THAT has the appeal of a true trilogy story.

This. This is pandering to the point of calling humanity what it is, ADHD and feeble.

7 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Most people within the demographic they are shooting for are easily amused...maybe(?).

I'm just saying that if you're somebody who liked the first Venom (which I did)...this trailer looks just as fun/action packed.  Not looking for Gone With The Wind.  Looking for something fun to enjoy at the movie theatre.

I'm not looking for Gone With The Wind. I'm looking for something visually pleasing with sensible storytelling/dialogue that remains somewhat faithful to its source material. A trailer has to be somewhat interesting. This has only 1 interesting scene (Carnage itself).

This trailer fails to meet even the most basic of desires.

The Venom trailers actually had me expecting a good movie. I doubt this, but maybe they're trying the opposite approach. Awful trailer(s) and good movie? :wishluck:

Edited by Angel of Death

The first one had cheesy dialogue, too, and this one seems about the same.  First one had 29% Rotten Tomatoes so this one seems roughly on track for that.  I'm not expecting much better as long as Sony is doing these, so as long as the symbiote effects are top-notch I'm fine with it.

I'm unfamiliar with Shriek...where was she in the trailer?

2 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

I'm not looking for Gone With The Wind. I'm looking for something visually pleasing with sensible storytelling/dialogue that remains somewhat faithful to its source material. A trailer has to be somewhat interesting. This has only 1 interesting scene (Carnage itself).

This trailer fails to meet even the most basic of desires.

Fair enough.

I'll use the go to answer to end all disagreements...agree to disagree(thumbsu

***Carnage did look fantastic (one thing we can agree on)

6 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

I'm trying to think of a time when I saw bad trailers and the movie ended up being good. Drawing a blank...

Thelma and Louise.

The trailer is almost ludicrously misleading, right up there with Bridge to Terabithia.

Both those movies intentionally hide not only the quality of their respective stories but also the very genre to which each film belongs

Yes - Thelma and Louise is a road trip / buddy movie, but it's also a taut psychological thriller, not a comedy - something this trailer doesn't even hint at.

2 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Thelma and Louise.

The trailer is almost ludicrously misleading, right up there with Bridge to Terabithia.

Both those movies intentionally hide not only the quality of their respective stories but also the very genre to which each film belongs

Yes - Thelma and Louise is a road trip / buddy movie, but it's also a taut psychological thriller, not a comedy - something this trailer doesn't even hint at.

I was a toddler, so I didn't get to experience that sequence of events.

Any examples from the 21st century? lol

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Eh, I'd hold if you can afford it because one day Carnage is going to be part of the MCU and if Ultimate Carnage or King in Black gets adapted as a crossover MCU event then folks who sold their ASM 361's will be crying at the skyrocketed prices on eBay years from now.

Wasn't planning on selling it. I just like being in a position where the hot book everyone wants is already in my collection. Missed out on UF4, ASM 300, I will never own those, I will never bring myself to owning them knowing what I could have bought them for a short time ago. But I have ASM 361 :) And it's as common as ASM 300 (might have a slightly lower print run even) so it definitely has the potential to reach the same heights.

Also, just an aside, the reason I preffer ASM 361 to 300 is due to the total obviousness of the first appearance. Venom is spread out over first black suit/symbiote (for which there are 3 issues for that alone), first appearance (299), first full appearance (300) and first cover. 

But with Carnage, 361 has you covered for everything.

5 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

I was a toddler, so I didn't get to experience that sequence of events.

Any examples from the 21st century? lol

Fair.

Bridge to Terabithia (2007). Classic children's book. I had to read it for school in 4th grade and it traumatized me.

The trailer makes it look like Harry Potter light. It's...not. It's about death, family, and survivor's guilt.

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Eh, I'd hold if you can afford it because one day Carnage is going to be part of the MCU and if Ultimate Carnage or King in Black gets adapted as a crossover MCU event then folks who sold their ASM 361's will be crying at the skyrocketed prices on eBay years from now.

i don't see it. I see Carnage getting killed off in the movie because as much as I liked him when he came out in the comics which was mostly because of his look and style, he is a one trick pony. A homicidal maniac rarely has anything more to give than just the bloodlust and killing and that how I always pictured Carnage. You have him appear every now and then to raise hell and then you put him away for awhile. He doesn't work the genius way Joker works even though Joker is dangerous like Carnage and if you ever read that Batman/Spider-Man one shot you can see why. Venom is a terrific character hence why he has a movie but I can't see Carnage surviving this movie. Venom usually has issues beating Carnage 1 on 1 so curious what will happen here and the current younger Spider-Man in the MCU definitely can't handle Venom or Carnage from what i've seen in the movies. I think the adult Peter in the comics was able to deal with the mental and physical task of defeating Venom but the high schooler Peter wouldn't have handled him too well. Carnage in the comics was too much for both in the 90s. The only thing i could see in the movies happening is if the Carnage symbiote works his way onto another host in the MCU would would use it in a more controlled way like Eddie does with Venom. I also think the next step after this movie woul be for Venom to be in the MCU and Venom 3 would also be a MCU movie. Don't want to see another stand alone Venom movie with no connection to MCU

17 minutes ago, miscus555 said:

i don't see it. I see Carnage getting killed off in the movie because as much as I liked him when he came out in the comics which was mostly because of his look and style, he is a one trick pony. A homicidal maniac rarely has anything more to give than just the bloodlust and killing and that how I always pictured Carnage. You have him appear every now and then to raise hell and then you put him away for awhile. He doesn't work the genius way Joker works even though Joker is dangerous like Carnage and if you ever read that Batman/Spider-Man one shot you can see why. Venom is a terrific character hence why he has a movie but I can't see Carnage surviving this movie. Venom usually has issues beating Carnage 1 on 1 so curious what will happen here and the current younger Spider-Man in the MCU definitely can't handle Venom or Carnage from what i've seen in the movies. I think the adult Peter in the comics was able to deal with the mental and physical task of defeating Venom but the high schooler Peter wouldn't have handled him too well. Carnage in the comics was too much for both in the 90s. The only thing i could see in the movies happening is if the Carnage symbiote works his way onto another host in the MCU would would use it in a more controlled way like Eddie does with Venom. I also think the next step after this movie woul be for Venom to be in the MCU and Venom 3 would also be a MCU movie. Don't want to see another stand alone Venom movie with no connection to MCU

I'm not sure if you're aware of the movie rights of the Spider-Man characters which include Venom, but Venom and Carnage can't be in Disney's MCU because Sony has those rights and thus the Venom films are a completely separate franchise and storyline. The only way Venom and Carnage show up in the MCU is if Sony and Disney sign some new mega deal that not only lets Disney use Spider-Man in the MCU, but the Venom characters. At the same time, I'm sure Marvel Studios and Sony do not want to have two separate Venoms going on at the same time, so Marvel Studios will leave Venom and Carnage alone to prevent confusion. Even if Carnage dies in this next Venom movie, it has no bearing if Marvel Studios one day uses the character in the MCU (when Disney gets Spider-Man's movie rights back) because it's a completely separate franchise and story universe. I'm not a big Symbiote fan but Venom has grown on me epecially since I own a high grade copy of ASM300. I can get behind its recent rise to Wholly Grailness.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

46 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

Wasn't planning on selling it. I just like being in a position where the hot book everyone wants is already in my collection. Missed out on UF4, ASM 300, I will never own those, I will never bring myself to owning them knowing what I could have bought them for a short time ago. But I have ASM 361 :) And it's as common as ASM 300 (might have a slightly lower print run even) so it definitely has the potential to reach the same heights.

Also, just an aside, the reason I preffer ASM 361 to 300 is due to the total obviousness of the first appearance. Venom is spread out over first black suit/symbiote (for which there are 3 issues for that alone), first appearance (299), first full appearance (300) and first cover. 

But with Carnage, 361 has you covered for everything.

I kinda doubt ASM361 will reach ASM300 heights as this book is on a completely other level now and is like a Copper Age IH181 now, but it's an amazing book to own and should rise pretty high. Carnage is pretty major now.

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

Fair.

Bridge to Terabithia (2007). Classic children's book. I had to read it for school in 4th grade and it traumatized me.

The trailer makes it look like Harry Potter light. It's...not. It's about death, family, and survivor's guilt.

Because Terbabithia was specifically a children's movie, this was almost cruel to advertise it as an innocent almost-adventure movie and then drop this death and depression movie on them. It was PG, not even PG-13. My brother brought his young kids (maybe 7-8 at the time) to see it and was shocked at how dark and depressing they felt walking out of the theater. 

Thelma and Louise, eh, it was an R-rated adult movie about adults with adult themes. 

Edited by jcjames