• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am an old comic nerd

36 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Mercury Man said:

I'm confused, is it the tea or coaster that makes you a nerd?

neither. Isn't he a jokester? Comic...get it? Like when Johnny Carson had Jack Kirby on and said he was offended because he, Carson, was "The King of Comics".

Edited by Bird

1 hour ago, the blob said:

Drinking my hot tea for my sore throat and using an avengers vs. X-men coaster in the process

20181125_202135_HDR.jpg

Hope you feel better soon!

Sounds yummy, but all I have at the moment is decaf, none the less I shall microwave my cup and drink it with the appropriate gusto  :foryou:

It's finally cold enough to drink something hot other than coffee in the morning lol

13 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

I'm confused, is it the tea or coaster that makes you a nerd?

The fact that it is my go to coaster...(although I have 2 more in mint condition for when this one falls apart)... I actually have a Spider-Man mug, but my wife made the tea, so I wasn't in charge of grabbing it.

How would tea make anyone a nerd? I am not normally a big hot tea drinker, but when I am sick and my throat is a wreck, I am. Herbals stuff, usually out of a box with a picture of a bear wearing a sleeping cap or some such nonsense, mixed with some earl grey or orange pekoe (aka Lipton) for flavor. I was also drinking hot bone broth I had been cooking up for 15 hours from Thanksgiving turkey carcass and some frozen chicken bones. A manly man's drink.

13 hours ago, Bird said:

neither. Isn't he a jokester? Comic...get it? Like when Johnny Carson had Jack Kirby on and said he was offended because he, Carson, was "The King of Comics".

That’s not what happened.

I don’t have time to re-tell the story; this article does a decent job:

https://www.cbr.com/comic-book-urban-legends-revealed-157/