• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shang-Chi coming to a theater near you
5 5

895 posts in this topic

On 8/31/2021 at 10:29 AM, jsilverjanet said:

Hard Boiled and Internal Affairs are two very popular ones

On 8/31/2021 at 10:34 AM, Wolverinex said:

Oh thanks for the recommendations. I've actually seen both of them. I just haven't seen any of his new stuff.

If you're into more serious world cinema, Tony Leung worked with the great director Wong Kar Wai on a lot of films, particularly "Chun King Express"(1994), "Happy Together"(1997) which I have yet to see, "In the Mood For Love"(2000) maybe their most critically acclaimed film together, "2046"(2004), and "The Grandmaster"(2013) where Leung plays the legendary Ip Man.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

On 8/31/2021 at 11:00 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

If you're into more serious world cinema, Tony Leung worked with the great director Wong Kar Wai on a lot of films, particularly "Chun King Express"(1994), "Happy Together"(1997) which I have yet to see, "In the Mood For Love"(2000) maybe their biggest film together, "2046"(2004), and "The Grandmaster"(2013) where Leung plays the legendary Ip Man.

I've seen all of those lol

I'm in the DC Metro area and was curious about how well it will do this weekend.  I went on Fandango and looked at a bunch of screening's and there are still a lot of vacancies.  Not looking good I think in terms of a good opening weekend.  That being said, it's been so long I forget how early MCU movies would sell out pre-covid?  I got my ticket though for 7pm tomorrow!  Should we start a spoiler thread?

On 9/1/2021 at 11:00 PM, Xenosmilus said:

I'm in the DC Metro area and was curious about how well it will do this weekend.  I went on Fandango and looked at a bunch of screening's and there are still a lot of vacancies.  Not looking good I think in terms of a good opening weekend.  That being said, it's been so long I forget how early MCU movies would sell out pre-covid?  I got my ticket though for 7pm tomorrow!  Should we start a spoiler thread?

Yes please do I'll probably check it out as well

On 9/2/2021 at 1:14 AM, Flanders82 said:

Has anyone watched a movie in D-Box and if so do you recommend it? 

I saw Age of Ultron with D-Box. Was cool at first but then got annoying. They had a control on the seat so you can tone it down but can’t remember if you can turn it all the way off.