• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shang-Chi coming to a theater near you
5 5

895 posts in this topic

On 9/12/2021 at 9:29 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Also, the acting is superb in this movie. Even though Simu Liu's Shang-Chi is a fun character at heart, he nails the deep emotional moments when the movie calls for it. And Tony Leung IMO gives one of the finest performances ever in a MCU film.

Yes, Tony was superb. Just watched it last night and loved it. 

On 9/30/2021 at 5:41 PM, paperheart said:

crosses $200MM US today & accounts for 55% of total US BO in Sept

image.thumb.png.0bb2a08493cdcafc164b371dede4aeab.png

Is that good?  Using the pre-pandemic point of reference isn't a fair gauge of success so I honestly don't know.  I'm assuming it won't hit a billion:D.

***I thought it was a great movie

On 9/30/2021 at 6:27 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Is that good?  Using the pre-pandemic point of reference isn't a fair gauge of success so I honestly don't know.  I'm assuming it won't hit a billion:D.

***I thought it was a great movie

it's as good as we've seen since 2019; will end up #18 of the 25 MCU's for US BO with an *. Is that good?  (shrug)

Interesting. Someone who thinks he knows everything cinema statement just recently Disney was getting away from releasing discs.

Disney has officially announced that Marvel’s critically-acclaimed Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings will be available to own early on Digital on November 12, and on 4K UHD Blu-Ray, Blu-Ray and DVD on November 30, 2021. From director Destin Daniel Cretton, the film features Simu Liu as Shang-Chi alongside Awkwafina, Meng’er Zhang, Fala Chen, Florian Munteanu, Benedict Wong, Michelle Yeoh, Ben Kingsley, and Tony Leung. Consumers can enjoy the film in stunning Ultra HD quality and immersive Dolby Atmos audio along with never-before-seen bonus material including 11 deleted scenes and a gag reel.

I think the story will now be 'Disney is fully committed to reach consumers any way it can!' It's Friday, after all.

(:

Finally saw this film last night.

For me, an okay experience. But it felt like it contained so much of the influences of Chinese fantasy cinema (e.g. The Forbidden Kingdom) and less about the comic book stories I remember and appreciate. And I hate to compare certain scenes to it, but also Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon with the maze scenes (Michelle Yeoh forced that link too).

Simu Liu though I like. Tony Leung Chiu-wa ate up any scene he was in. And even Awkwafina worked for me in certain scenes.

But this further confirms Phase Four has me feeling more disconnected than any other phase previously. Marvel Studios is trying to appease too many audience masters. My Top 10 still remains intact.

• Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. I
  • Avengers: Infinity War
  • Iron Man (2008)
  • Avengers (2012)
  • Thor (2011)
  • Black Panther
  • Doctor Strange
  • Ant-Man (2015)
  • Ant-Man & The Wasp

And although Captain America: Civil War was not Top 10 for me, still very much appreciate it brought us Spider-Man and Black Panther. Unfortunately, Shang-Chi didn't make my list.

On 10/5/2021 at 6:20 AM, Bosco685 said:

Certain scenes 

:sumo:

Her existence is futile. :sumo:

We agree on 7 of your Top 10, though. I'm a little surprised by Thor over Ragnarok. While I despise turning Thor into somewhat of a punchline, IMO Ragnarok is the clearly superior film. I have Homecoming and Endgame above Black Panther and Ant-Man/Wasp.

On 10/5/2021 at 6:40 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Her existence is futile. :sumo:

We agree on 7 of your Top 10, though. I'm a little surprised by Thor over Ragnarok. While I despise turning Thor into somewhat of a punchline, IMO Ragnarok is the clearly superior film. I have Homecoming and Endgame above Black Panther and Ant-Man/Wasp.

Afterwards reflecting on Thor: Ragnarok so much of what was established was thrown away for laughs it was very disappointing. With the first Thor it contained so much of what I appreciated from the 70's and 80's source material I never get bored with that film.

Sorry, but Tom Holland is not the Peter Parker/Spider-Man I appreciate. Though elements of Homecoming very much worked for me. To include Vulture finding out his identity. And with Endgame, glad you enjoyed it.

On 10/5/2021 at 6:52 AM, Bosco685 said:

Afterwards reflecting on Thor: Ragnarok so much of what was established was thrown away for laughs it was very disappointing. With the first Thor it contained so much of what I appreciated from the 70's and 80's source material I never get bored with that film.

Sorry, but Tom Holland is not the Peter Parker/Spider-Man I appreciate. Though elements of Homecoming very much worked for me. To include Vulture finding out his identity. And with Endgame, glad you enjoyed it.

We'll sort this out in Merced. Last man standing has the definitive Top 10.

On 10/5/2021 at 7:08 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

We'll sort this out in Merced. Last man standing has the definitive Top 10.

And let's pretend of the 6 times you went to see Endgame you had seen Shazam at least once at the theater.

:baiting:

I don't think I've ever really tried listing my top 10 MCU flicks as I love most of them...

1. Avengers Endgame
  2. Captain Marvel
  3. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
  4. Black Panther
  5. Thor Ragnarok
  6. Avengers Infinity War
  7. Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
  8. Thor
  9. Ant-Man
  10. Captain America Winter Soldier

It's a bit off-the-cuff but looks legit to me. And yes, I prefer the MCU's later films to the early ones. I'm sure Eternals will bump somebody off this list, probably Winter Soldier.