• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

On 8/9/2022 at 11:19 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

Ohhh, the Kansas City copy is coming up for sale. That's a beauty!

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/962668?tzf=1

mar1.46.jpg

Can you imagine the sheer agony someone has to go through to let this sweet sweet book go?  We can only pray the huge stack of cash provides some comfort.

On 8/29/2022 at 1:09 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, let's not forget the other 91 issues in this run which he also has available in this CC Event Auction that's open for bidding tomorrow.  :applause:

I saw that. I would LOVE to bid on his Marvel Mystery Comics #44, but I unfortunately can’t.

My grail book is in Event Auction #51 and I’m choosing to go for that instead. :wink:

Edited by Terry JSA

On 9/6/2022 at 3:10 PM, Point Five said:

So the QES sticker means... the book looks better than the average 9.9?  hm ???

On 9/10/2022 at 4:18 PM, Point Five said:

It’s like turning your 9.9 up to 11!

Alghough you guys joke about this, there's probably actually some truth to this scenario here if you are into the CPR game and yet too lazy or don't have the know how to do the analytical work on each individual book yourself.  hm

I know somebody that actually brough several of the books with the QES stickers on them and they stated that they had an almost perfect batting average that some baseball players would die for.  Especially since the books came back with an upgrade of one or two grading increments, and a couple of them were just a simple resubmit without any additional work done to the books.  :whatthe:

Actually, no big surprise here since grading is still really more of a subjective opinion, albeit a so-called "expert" one at that, than anything even approaching an exact science.  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

On 9/10/2022 at 9:01 PM, lou_fine said:

Alghough you guys joke about this, there's probably actually some truth to this scenario here if you are into the CPR game and yet too lazy or don't have the know how to do the analytical work on each individual book yourself.  hm

I know somebody that actually brough several of the books with the QES stickers on them and they stated that they had an almost perfect batting average that some baseball players would die for.  Especially since the books came back with an upgrade of one or two grading increments, and a couple of them were just a simple resubmit without any additional work done to the books.  :whatthe:

Actually, no big surprise here since grading is still really more of a subjective opinion, albeit a so-called "expert" one at that, than anything even approaching an exact science.  (shrug)

I have three books with CVS stickers but none with QES stickers. If I were to bid on a book with a QES sticker, I'd feel like a Betamax enthusiast standing in line to buy his first VHS.

On 9/10/2022 at 9:01 PM, lou_fine said:

Go for it, Lou. Buy that 9.9 and then crack it out and re-submit it to try to get a 10.0.