• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

On 9/22/2022 at 7:21 PM, Ltpink2002 said:

I believe he sold it post Hurricane Harvey 

Yes. He was desperate because he ran out of pocket change. Tough being Bedrock and not having at least 200k in your wallet at all times for those little impulse purchases he gets….:nyah:

On 9/22/2022 at 8:59 PM, Professor K said:

Everyone loves the Zeppelin cover. More than twice the price of issue 35 Blue 5.5. which is a heck of a cover as well.  These D-Day covers that were created before D-Day are interesting. How did professional comic artists, mostly Schomburg,  know how it was gonna go down. Maybe the US military got the idea from them. "How are we going to get our troops into France?" . "General Eisenhower, you gotta see this". 

Opera Snapshot_2022-09-22_215331_www.comicconnect.com.png

Opera Snapshot_2022-09-22_215226_www.comicconnect.com.png

Cap 46 would have really blown his mind

On 9/22/2022 at 7:30 PM, N e r V said:

How long did you own this copy?

I imagine it most probably would have been very early on because in his video with David, Richard said that he first met Billy in the first year that he opened up his store and by that point in time, Billy was already missing only 4 issues from finishing off his complete run of Marvel Mystery Comics. :gossip:

Edited by lou_fine

On 9/22/2022 at 6:59 PM, Professor K said:

Everyone loves the Zeppelin cover. More than twice the price of issue 35 Blue 5.5. which is a heck of a cover as well.  These D-Day covers that were created before D-Day are interesting. How did professional comic artists, mostly Schomburg,  know how it was gonna go down. Maybe the US military got the idea from them. "How are we going to get our troops into France?" . "General Eisenhower, you gotta see this". 

Opera Snapshot_2022-09-22_215331_www.comicconnect.com.png

Yes, the much in-demand classic WWII zeppelin cover and clearly the sign of a still highly undervalued book when even a just more than Slightly Restored copy with the much dreaded PLOD label can still command multiples to condition guide value.  :luhv:  :applause:

On 9/23/2022 at 9:49 AM, lou_fine said:

Yes, the much in-demand classic WWII zeppelin cover and clearly the sign of a still highly undervalued book when even a just more than Slightly Restored copy with the much dreaded PLOD label can still command multiples to condition guide value.  :luhv:  :applause:

Classic 

Wish I still had my old copy.

602A62BB-9A5D-4110-88B6-DB6A2E5861AF.jpeg

On 9/23/2022 at 10:49 AM, lou_fine said:

much dreaded :roflmao: I gotta rememember to put that in the description when I sell my Tec 36 and AC 23. 

Action Comics 23 CGC 3.5 Much Dreaded PLOD - 1st Lex Luthor

Edited by Professor K

On 9/23/2022 at 11:42 AM, Professor K said:

Congratulations. Awesome book. I'm green with envy. Anyone know about the initials KC or KE on the cover. I've seen a few GA's with those initials on the cover. My much dreaded PLOD Tec 62 has similar. 

1942-6 Detective Comics 62.jpg

‘Ole KC sure had good taste in funny books!

On 9/26/2022 at 10:21 PM, Knightsofold said:

but they sell just as fast and at strong prices imo

mostly if slight resto (especially when can be reversed) or slight to mod

you wont see strong prices on ext

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 9/22/2022 at 4:53 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

MMC 4 went for stupider money than I could justify. Whatever this financial market is, the WWII Schomburgs are immune(so far)

consolation prize: 

E06CB423-B6E9-426E-A91A-CA7401F29591.jpeg

nice! The MM4 is Subby fever for most. It sold for about 20% more than I anticipated. The 1st Subby cover is finally waking collectors (or investors) up. 

On 9/22/2022 at 5:57 PM, lou_fine said:

Is it just me or is nobody else here surprised by how high this Kansas City copy of Marvel Comics 1 sold for, but big time congrats to our very own @Straw-Man on this astounding sale here:  :whatthe:  :applause:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/962668

mar1.46.jpg

Definitely a record settter at $729K for a CGC 6.0 graded copy, espcially considering that the equivalent graded Twilight Copy sold for what was then a record price of $215K at the end of 2017 in another one of their CC Event Auctions.

The Greatest Comic Book Ever Published :wavingwhiteflag:@Ameri @VintageComics

Very sharp registration on this copy; especially on Torch's face which is often oh so blurry. 

Edited by Primetime

On 9/27/2022 at 3:50 AM, Primetime said:

The Greatest Comic Book Ever Published :wavingwhiteflag:@Ameri @VintageComics

Very sharp registration on this copy; especially on Torch's face which is often oh so blurry. 

I always thought the colors on this copy were extraordinary. GOD BLESS.... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12