• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

On 9/21/2022 at 5:43 PM, Gotham Kid said:

Tec 37 3.0 Universal $9200 (somewhat weak, would have thought at least 10-12k)

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/961770

Well, based upon the fact that CC was able to fetch $10,600 for a rather nicely presenting CGC 2.0 graded copy of this book back in 2020, I would tend to agree with you on your point here.  (thumbsu

Then again, at least this $9,200 for this CGC 3.0 graded copy was significantly much better than the $7,800 that Heritage was able to fetch for their relatively less attractive CGC 3.0 graded copy of this same book only a few short weeks ago in their August 28th Sunday Auction. :smile:

On 9/22/2022 at 7:52 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, based upon the fact that CC was able to fetch $10,600 for a rather nicely presenting CGC 2.0 graded copy of this book back in 2020, I would tend to agree with you on your point here.  (thumbsu

Then again, at least this $9,200 for this CGC 3.0 graded copy was significantly much better than the $7,800 that Heritage was able to fetch for their relatively less attractive CGC 3.0 graded copy of this same book only a few short weeks ago in their August 28th Sunday Auction. :smile:

Indeed. As I had mentioned, I fully expected a stronger result than the HA copy but not a "somewhat stronger" result on last night's copy.

On 9/21/2022 at 7:15 PM, Point Five said:

Here's a win from the cheap seats...  :banana:

ff209.thumb.jpg.fa616b3683100fd9e20785da0a4e0acc.jpg

On 9/21/2022 at 7:55 PM, Forbush-Man said:

Presents very well, nice strong colors too. Congrats P5. :golfclap:

Yes indeed, congrats on an astute pick up of a nicely presenting copy relative to its assigned grade and at a very reasonable price point of just under 4-figures.  :applause:

On 9/21/2022 at 3:20 PM, The_Captain said:

The restored Batman #1 seemed pretty low at 34,500

I would tend to agree with you here as this could possibly be showing signs of a cooling marketplace for some of these books, but definitely a sign that collectors still don't like paying up for an Extensively Restored CGC 7.0 graded copy like this one here as opposed to a Slightly Restored CGC 7.5 graded copy that CC was able to sell for over $186K back in the "red hot" time period of August 2021.  (thumbsu

On 9/22/2022 at 3:04 AM, lou_fine said:

Yes indeed, congrats on an astute pick up of a nicely presenting copy relative to its assigned grade and at a very reasonable price point of just under 4-figures.  :applause:

Thanks! But rest assured, once it’s larded up with NY sales tax, shipping and other random charges, it will assume its rightful place as a four-figure book. :acclaim: 

On 9/22/2022 at 3:15 AM, pickycollector said:

What a shame it would be, it shows what our hobby had become :facepalm:

Selling individual pages is stupid, individual panels is really the way to go...:baiting:

Edited by Forbush-Man

On 9/22/2022 at 8:29 AM, Forbush-Man said:

Selling individual pages is stupid, individual panels is really the way to go...:baiting:

There's a Batman #1 margin I've had my eye on.  :wishluck:

On 9/22/2022 at 5:40 AM, Point Five said:

There's a Batman #1 margin I've had my eye on.  :wishluck:

I'm going to only collect page numbers form Centaurs going forward.  I needed to reduce my collection, and that literally will do it.  :acclaim:

On 9/22/2022 at 1:29 PM, Forbush-Man said:
On 9/22/2022 at 11:15 AM, pickycollector said:

What a shame it would be, it shows what our hobby had become :facepalm:

Selling individual pages is stupid, individual panels is really the way to go...

Nope. Flakes and staples. That's where the money is at.

On 9/22/2022 at 1:45 PM, Forbush-Man said:

Here's my Silver Age collection: Amazing Spider-man #6, page 7 number.s-l1600-1.thumb.jpg.f825e0c263f95a5b23c73e4f5f3ff8ff.jpg.5d1f5b01754f70f5f67af202d62ada7b.jpg

Here's my AF15 ( I know I know ...they grow on trees...)

beauty, isn't she ? Such white pages.

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 9/22/2022 at 5:50 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

jealous fools, the lot of ya's.  Careful not to wake the slumbering beast

I've given up on my S.A. AMS numbers collection, just too much competition out there.  I'm now collecting every appearance of Ant-Man (panel by panel).

TTA #37, partial last panel. 

tta037_pg13.jpg

On 9/22/2022 at 9:00 AM, Forbush-Man said:

I've given up on my S.A. AMS numbers collection, just too much competition out there.  I'm now collecting every appearance of Ant-Man (panel by panel).

TTA #37, partial last panel. 

tta037_pg13.jpg

I hope you saved the receipt. It looks trimmed.

On 9/21/2022 at 12:27 PM, Straw-Man said:

9.0 asm 1 sold for right at 200k last nite, well more than a .2 sold for in june.  pretty cool.

Maybe nothing more than one of those crypto newbies jumping into the market who heard that the first appearance of Spidey was going for huge dollars and thought they were getting a steal of a deal and didn't realize that there was such a thing as a Amazing Fantasy 15.  doh!  lol

On 9/22/2022 at 8:21 AM, lou_fine said:

Maybe nothing more than one of those crypto newbies jumping into the market who heard that the first appearance of Spidey was going for huge dollars and thought they were getting a steal of a deal and didn't realize that there was such a thing as a Amazing Fantasy 15.  doh!  lol

Or it may have been shilled by the house.  From a former employee:

On 9/21/2022 at 8:14 PM, Phill the Governor said:

Edited by buttock