• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

On 6/10/2022 at 7:42 PM, batman_fan said:

Definitely tough in high grade but also it USE to be low demand. I am remembering back when the prices were more in this range.

Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 8.40.32 PM.png

I had well over 25 vf/nm copies in the 80's when I set up at cons :devil:

Edited by woowoo

I’m slumming near the .5s and 1.0s and was  shocked that Suspense Comics #8 CGC .5 with entire book split and brittle pages went for $2800 final hammer…:whatthe:

Rare book indeed, but $2800? Can someone clue me in to what I might be missing?

On 6/10/2022 at 10:15 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I’m slumming near the .5s and 1.0s and was  shocked that Suspense Comics #8 CGC .5 with entire book split and brittle pages went for $2800 final hammer…:whatthe:

Rare book indeed, but $2800? Can someone clue me in to what I might be missing?

$2800?

On 6/11/2022 at 10:37 AM, MrBedrock said:

$2800?

BeautifulSatisfiedFurseal-max-1mb.gif

GPA has a 4.0 sold three months ago for $3900, so $2800 for a .5 with brittle pages seems interesting even with the given state of PCH. Are the scarce books moving at a faster dollar rate simply because they don't come up for sale? This one looks like it pops up only once a year in the lower grades.

On 6/11/2022 at 11:46 AM, Dr. Balls said:

GPA has a 4.0 sold three months ago for $3900, so $2800 for a .5 with brittle pages seems interesting even with the given state of PCH. Are the scarce books moving at a faster dollar rate simply because they don't come up for sale? This one looks like it pops up only once a year in the lower grades.

I am always amazed at the prices that incomplete, low grade and/or heavily damaged books go for.

On 6/11/2022 at 11:11 AM, MrBedrock said:

I am always amazed at the prices that incomplete, low grade and/or heavily damaged books go for.

I had to laugh at myself as I had my estimate at $600-$700 before the auction ended. :tonofbricks:
it blew by that like a fart in the wind.