• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

On 9/22/2022 at 10:11 AM, RareHighGrade said:

Never mind, I found it.  Wow, that's pretty unsettling!

I tried to link to the page (133) that it starts on, but I guess the link goes to the first page. I think this will work better. 

On 9/22/2022 at 5:39 PM, woowoo said:

Peter that is the highest-grade Fantasy 15 I ever saw and snow-white pages WOW.

did you win anytrhing on ComicConnect Harold ? That is, if no house bidding was involved *cough*

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 9/22/2022 at 9:41 AM, Gotham Kid said:

did you win anytrhing on ComicConnect Harold ? That is, if no house bidding was involved *cough*

Not yet everything I wanted went up 3 times in the last few minutes *cough* :headpat:

On 9/22/2022 at 6:57 PM, lou_fine said:

Is it just me or is nobody else here surprised by how high this Kansas City copy of Marvel Comics 1 sold for, but big time congrats to our very own @Straw-Man on this astounding sale here:  :whatthe:  :applause:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/962668

mar1.46.jpg

Definitely a record settter at $729K for a CGC 6.0 graded copy, espcially considering that the equivalent graded Twilight Copy sold for what was then a record price of $215K at the end of 2017 in another one of their CC Event Auctions.

Big congrats to Mr Parker (worship)

On 9/22/2022 at 8:33 PM, Straw-Man said:

thanks for the kind words all; very happy with the results.

You must have been sweating it out trying to figure where exactly the market was.  Congratulations! Your book deserves it and more. Better than anyone expected, I gotta believe 

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

Everyone loves the Zeppelin cover. More than twice the price of issue 35 Blue 5.5. which is a heck of a cover as well.  These D-Day covers that were created before D-Day are interesting. How did professional comic artists, mostly Schomburg,  know how it was gonna go down. Maybe the US military got the idea from them. "How are we going to get our troops into France?" . "General Eisenhower, you gotta see this". 

Opera Snapshot_2022-09-22_215331_www.comicconnect.com.png

Opera Snapshot_2022-09-22_215226_www.comicconnect.com.png

Edited by Professor K

On 9/22/2022 at 5:57 PM, lou_fine said:

Is it just me or is nobody else here surprised by how high this Kansas City copy of Marvel Comics 1 sold for, but big time congrats to our very own @Straw-Man on this astounding sale here:  :whatthe:  :applause:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/962668

mar1.46.jpg

Definitely a record settter at $729K for a CGC 6.0 graded copy, espcially considering that the equivalent graded Twilight Copy sold for what was then a record price of $215K at the end of 2017 in another one of their CC Event Auctions.

Was the Twilight Bedrocks copy? I seem to remember him dropping a Marvel #1 at comic connect a few years past.