• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
33 33

2,483 posts in this topic

On 7/29/2023 at 11:41 PM, ChiSoxFan said:

Snagged these in the last auction.  Feel like I overpaid on the HOS #88, but it was an upgrade, and sometimes you just decide "I'm getting this" and throw reason out the window.

You picked the right copy for throwing reason out the window. Very tough issue to find centered properly without anything cut off on the top or right edge.

On 7/30/2023 at 6:23 PM, october said:

You picked the right copy for throwing reason out the window. Very tough issue to find centered properly without anything cut off on the top or right edge.

Yep -- that's why I focused hard on it.  I sold a nice copy in my sales thread, but it wasn't centered nearly as nicely (though I didn't want to part with it unless I had a replacement).  Every time I've see a copy, the right edge usually has part of the issue number cut off.  This one seemed perfectly centered.  

I had already sold my copy before that auction ended, so I felt more pressure to grab it, as it's one of my favorites -- if not THE favorite -- from the run. :cloud9:

On 8/17/2023 at 1:21 AM, kimik said:

Whoever was bidding on the books I had in this Clink auction made off like bandits. This is my last submission to Clink until prices start to catch up to at least eBay levels. 

Not trying to rub salt into the wound, I'm genuinely curious; did prices end lower than pre-pandemic prices on your books? When I'm buying these days I'm generally thinking about values circa 2019-2020 unless I'm looking at something rare or in high demand.

On 8/17/2023 at 5:07 AM, MR. Pontoon said:
On 8/16/2023 at 10:21 PM, kimik said:

Whoever was bidding on the books I had in this Clink auction made off like bandits. This is my last submission to Clink until prices start to catch up to at least eBay levels. 

Not trying to rub salt into the wound, I'm genuinely curious; did prices end lower than pre-pandemic prices on your books? When I'm buying these days I'm generally thinking about values circa 2019-2020 unless I'm looking at something rare or in high demand.

I guess my tendency is towards SA DC and odd-ball publishers these days. I can't seem to win anything.

On 8/17/2023 at 11:52 AM, Monster's Lair Comics said:

With Comiclink, I've settled into an area where my sales are under-performing, and the books I'm bidding on are over-performing.....  

Same. I am giving them a miss this auction and probably for the next few auctions as well. I hate giving up 2k worth of books and not even being able to pull off a 1k purchase in return.

I think they'll do that, but they will usually offer advances on items in the 40-60% range, not the full amount (since they don't know what the next auction will hold).  

So if you won three books for $1000 and wanted them to appear in the next auction, I'm guessing they'd advance you $500 or so and expect the rest asap.

Dan

On 8/19/2023 at 2:34 PM, Gaard said:

Is it possible to pay for your CL winnings without having them shipped to you, but put right back into the next auction?

Yup. I once won a book in an auction, paid for it, and had them hold it for the next time around to maximize shipping (I only won two books). The timing was great and that book spiked like crazy so I asked them to roll it into the next auction instead. They rolled it and I made a tidy profit even after the 10% fee. 

On 8/20/2023 at 7:16 AM, Stefan_W said:

Yup. I once won a book in an auction, paid for it, and had them hold it for the next time around to maximize shipping (I only won two books). The timing was great and that book spiked like crazy so I asked them to roll it into the next auction instead. They rolled it and I made a tidy profit even after the 10% fee. 

I did the same with a Jim Davis painting, for about 8 years.   Thomas swore it was Clink property, it had been there so long.  I'm guessing it was out on display or something.    

image.thumb.png.3f1e6456f7a63ea6e0068c8bff9c238f.png

Edited by Microchip

On 8/17/2023 at 1:21 AM, kimik said:

Same here...This last C-Link auction was very disappointing from the seller side of things compared to GPA and eBay results I've been watching.  Feeling like there's some kind of fatigue from the sheer amount of stuff packed into these auctions as they end up dragging on forever until bidders get spread too thin or lose interest.  I'm sure the outage didn't help things either.