• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
33 33

2,483 posts in this topic

On 8/20/2023 at 11:40 PM, BorderlineHoarder said:
On 8/16/2023 at 11:21 PM, kimik said:

Whoever was bidding on the books I had in this Clink auction made off like bandits. This is my last submission to Clink until prices start to catch up to at least eBay levels. 

Same here...This last C-Link auction was very disappointing from the seller side of things compared to GPA and eBay results I've been watching.  Feeling like there's some kind of fatigue from the sheer amount of stuff packed into these auctions as they end up dragging on forever until bidders get spread too thin or lose interest.  I'm sure the outage didn't help things either.

Clink prices have been lower for a while now. It is too bad as I like dealing with them more than the other auction houses, but not enough to put up with sub-eBay prices on consignments.

On 8/20/2023 at 10:40 PM, BorderlineHoarder said:

Same here...This last C-Link auction was very disappointing from the seller side of things compared to GPA and eBay results I've been watching.  Feeling like there's some kind of fatigue from the sheer amount of stuff packed into these auctions as they end up dragging on forever until bidders get spread too thin or lose interest.  I'm sure the outage didn't help things either.

The outage was what did it. I had been bidding on books in auctions that ended both before and after the outage. The ones before were much more in line with current eBay/gpa trends, this last one was steadily seeing books ~20% on average below gpa/eBay. A lot of people I think didn’t want to buy from the site that they didn’t really trust. I mean if you’re going to a site a week prior to these auctions and it continuously redirects you to hentai sites you may decide maybe I just use the other dozen or so auction sites that sell the exact same books. 

It sucks that sellers had to pay the cost of CL’s IT failures but that’s what happened IMO. 

On 8/22/2023 at 6:08 AM, wiparker824 said:

The outage was what did it. I had been bidding on books in auctions that ended both before and after the outage. The ones before were much more in line with current eBay/gpa trends, this last one was steadily seeing books ~20% on average below gpa/eBay. A lot of people I think didn’t want to buy from the site that they didn’t really trust. I mean if you’re going to a site a week prior to these auctions and it continuously redirects you to hentai sites you may decide maybe I just use the other dozen or so auction sites that sell the exact same books. 

It sucks that sellers had to pay the cost of CL’s IT failures but that’s what happened IMO. 

It will hurt them in the end. People will look to consign with other sites instead. My next two groups for consignment have gone to Heritage instead. Based on their scheduled dates, it looks like others have made the same decision.

On 8/23/2023 at 12:13 AM, kimik said:

It will hurt them in the end. People will look to consign with other sites instead. My next two groups for consignment have gone to Heritage instead. Based on their scheduled dates, it looks like others have made the same decision.

They may never get that lost business back either , incentives to consignees and buyers in form of reduced fees and free shipping may help. Knowing miserly Josh seriously doubt that will happen. Also while I hope Josh has learned a lesson in being penny-wise pound foolish with IT for the last 20 years, the stingy like him really aren't really capable of doing so...

On 8/23/2023 at 6:33 PM, MAR1979 said:

They may never get that lost business back either , incentives to consignees and buyers in form of reduced fees and free shipping may help. Knowing miserly Josh seriously doubt that will happen. Also while I hope Josh has learned a lesson in being penny-wise pound foolish with IT for the last 20 years, the stingy like him really aren't really capable of doing so...

enjoy your seller fees:foryou:.....people get sad when they don't break GPA highs,and shill bidding is real,how about you talk about how much more $ is being drained from most of the other big auction sites?I can agree that it might be time to update the CL site,but it still works(most of the time),lol......I'll take a 10% cut over these other greedy houses,with the double taxes....in the end,you break out out even anyway...:flipbait:

On 8/23/2023 at 5:11 PM, squidmo2000 said:

enjoy your seller fees:foryou:.....people get sad when they don't break GPA highs,and shill bidding is real,how about you talk about how much more $ is being drained from most of the other big auction sites?I can agree that it might be time to update the CL site,but it still works(most of the time),lol......I'll take a 10% cut over these other greedy houses,with the double taxes....in the end,you break out out even anyway...:flipbait:

I am not talking about setting new GPA highs, but when books are selling on Clink at a 30% discount to what they are selling for on Heritage or eBay then it makes sense to shift to the higher price venues as the 30% higher selling price more than covers the extra 5-10% in seller fees. Right now I am shifting to buying on Clink as there are plenty of deals on SA and BA books I have on the accumulate when cheap list.

On 8/24/2023 at 2:23 AM, kimik said:

I am not talking about setting new GPA highs, but when books are selling on Clink at a 30% discount to what they are selling for on Heritage or eBay then it makes sense to shift to the higher price venues as the 30% higher selling price more than covers the extra 5-10% in seller fees. Right now I am shifting to buying on Clink as there are plenty of deals on SA and BA books I have on the accumulate when cheap list.

The buyer premium on Heritage is 20% and people factor that into the cost of the book, so you get 20% less right off the top before their seller fees. Unless you have big enough books to negotiate the selling fees they are pretty brutal. 

It really is pick your poison when it comes to selling through auction houses. Ebay charges 15% but you have to deal with buyers potentially not paying things or returning them for no reason. CL sale are often pretty low especially for Moderns (aside from UF 4, EoSV 2, Nyx 3, and books like that) but their selling fees are also low. Heritage sets the value bar but you get kicked in the nads with all the fees. And then people try to sell books directly in person with no fees, and charge full GPA thinking that is value so that is what they should be getting.... :shiftyeyes:

Edited by Stefan_W

On 8/24/2023 at 3:30 PM, Stefan_W said:

The buyer premium on Heritage is 20% and people factor that into the cost of the book, so you get 20% less right off the top before their seller fees. Unless you have big enough books to negotiate the selling fees they are pretty brutal. 

It really is pick your poison when it comes to selling through auction houses. Ebay charges 15% but you have to deal with buyers potentially not paying things or returning them for no reason. CL sale are often pretty low especially for Moderns (aside from UF 4, EoSV 2, Nyx 3, and books like that) but their selling fees are also low. Heritage sets the value bar but you get kicked in the nads with all the fees. And then people try to sell books directly in person with no fees, and charge full GPA thinking that is value so that is what they should be getting.... :shiftyeyes:

I am well aware of the Heritage BP, but I have been getting better prices on Heritage than Clink in spite of that so I will be shifting there for now when I consign. I am fine with higher fees and extra work selling on eBay, or losing the BP on Heritage, if the prices are higher than what I have been getting on Clink this year. 

On 8/26/2023 at 7:10 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Sweet book!

I am thinking about bidding on a book from this collection tonight, and I am literally factoring in the hassle of getting it reholdered because that label is beyond awful.

Agreed.

Even just the name, it sounds like a brand of bubble gum from the 80's that never really caught on.

On 8/25/2023 at 10:20 PM, Microchip said:

Thats a great looking copy mind you.   I'd love to hear your thoughts, once you have it in hand.

Will do, and thanks. There is a copy in the latest Clink auction too, thought this one looked much nicer though even with the cack label, it will be interesting to see what that one goes for. 

On 8/26/2023 at 12:07 PM, batmiesta said:

Will do, and thanks. There is a copy in the latest Clink auction too, thought this one looked much nicer though even with the cack label, it will be interesting to see what that one goes for. 

I picked up a book myself on the same auction, a good price I thought.   CC had a few big ticket books, but the rest looked a little like 2020 pricing.   

On 8/26/2023 at 7:41 AM, Microchip said:

I picked up a book myself on the same auction, a good price I thought.   CC had a few big ticket books, but the rest looked a little like 2020 pricing.   

What did you get?:popcorn: