• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AQUAMAN 2 directed by James Wan (12/16/22)
5 5

934 posts in this topic

dark world doesn't get the "if the remote passes over it i stay on that channel to conclusion no matter where the runtime is" treatment like most comic movies.  that's a litmus test of sorts for quality at my house.

On 11/30/2021 at 4:40 PM, Straw-Man said:

it's just not very good.

But it had potential. And there are some scenes that are nicely done. But why do people purchase the bluray? The Marvel One-Shot extra feature.

On 11/30/2021 at 3:42 PM, Bosco685 said:

But it had potential. And there are some scenes that are nicely done. But why do people purchase the bluray? The Marvel One-Shot extra feature.

where thor and loki run that scam on the baddies is one.   i love that when it goes boom loki jumps to shield jane.  a really good scene.

On 11/30/2021 at 10:15 PM, Bosco685 said:

Hey, not everyone can pull off a Thor: The Dark World.

hm

Wait. Nevermind.

:nyah:

But then they turned around and gave me a Thor movie I loved! Not sure why Ragnorak gets a lot of flack here. I never read a single Thor comic so maybe that helped with me. Can’t wait for Love and Thunder!

On 12/1/2021 at 6:49 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The Dark World is okay. Not the worst MCU flick.

obviously reasonable minds can differ on this notion; it tops the bottom of my list...

On 12/1/2021 at 1:22 PM, ▫️ said:

I can dig that. It works for me since I don’t know the source material.

It's the handling of the supporting characters that bothered me, along with Asgard. All to get Thor to a horrible state of mind leading to his depression and Fat Thor persona afterwards.

Killing off The Warriors Three like they didn't matter. Killing off the majority of Asgard to convey how powerful Hela was. Destroying Asgard like it was never that important to begin with.

On 12/1/2021 at 2:15 PM, Bosco685 said:

It's the handling of the supporting characters that bothered me, along with Asgard. All to get Thor to a horrible state of mind leading to his depression and Fat Thor persona afterwards.

Killing off The Warriors Three like they didn't matter. Killing off the majority of Asgard to convey how powerful Hela was. Destroying Asgard like it was never that important to begin with.

ItS nOt A pLaCe iTs a PeOpLe

On 12/1/2021 at 4:18 PM, kimik said:

You forgot Black Panther.

I think that BP is better than The Dark World.

BP suffers from The MCU Formula, and has some bad VFX in the 3rd Act, but The Dark World takes all of the onus off of its main character to defeat a villain possessing an Infinity Stone. That makes it easily worse than BP, to me.