• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AQUAMAN 2 directed by James Wan (12/16/22)
6 6

934 posts in this topic

On 5/9/2022 at 8:19 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I wish we would stop talking about the actors and actresses, since most of them are s**tty in one way or another anyways, and focus on the actual movie.

What multiverse are you from that it works that way?

On 5/9/2022 at 11:58 AM, media_junkie said:

What multiverse are you from that it works that way?

2019, I guess. When we seemingly used to care more about the product than personal lives.

It used to be that stay-at-home wives were the only ones buying People Magazine for the gossip.

On 5/9/2022 at 12:03 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

2019, I guess. When we seemingly used to care more about the product than personal lives.

It used to be that stay-at-home wives were the only ones buying People Magazine for the gossip.

But didn't the virus of "unknown origins" make everyone a stay-at-home wife for awhile?

On 5/9/2022 at 11:03 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

This happens when the product is :censored:.

On 5/9/2022 at 8:19 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I wish we would stop talking about the actors and actresses, since most of them are s**tty in one way or another anyways, and focus on the actual movie.

So you're implying with movies like The Batman with Robert Pattinson instead of referring to him as "Twilight Batman" we should have just made it about that performance and movie itself versus making his personal character and performance about just a single role?

chris-farley-sunglasses.gif.cd9216f2b1dc07d130390b017d30daf0.gif

On 5/9/2022 at 12:35 PM, Bosco685 said:

So you're implying with movies like The Batman with Robert Pattinson instead of referring to him as "Twilight Batman" we should have just made it about that performance and movie itself versus making his personal character and performance about just a single role?

chris-farley-sunglasses.gif.cd9216f2b1dc07d130390b017d30daf0.gif

Not the same line of thinking, but I won't say you're wrong. I think that for those who have only seen him perform elsewhere in Twilight, they were rightfully skeptical. I wouldn't cast Adam Sandler for a dramatic role if Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison were my only frame of reference.

On 5/9/2022 at 12:39 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Not the same line of thinking, but I won't say you're wrong. I think that for those who have only seen him perform elsewhere in Twilight, they were rightfully skeptical. I wouldn't cast Adam Sandler for a dramatic role if Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison were my only frame of reference.

Even in Tenet Robert Pattinson conveyed he could carry a stronger role. Which was good to see ahead of time.

But unfortunately with Amber Heard she has allowed herself to ride on Depp's coattails and then had the nerve to say he as jealous of her career. Many times. So she made it a larger issue to gain sympathy and support. And yet so much has come out where she was gas lighting to stoke her own ego. That's sad. 

Amber Heard said she 'fought really hard' to appear in 'Aquaman 2' and was ultimately given a pared down role

Amber Heard said she has a heavily reduced role in the "Aquaman" sequel after fighting to stay in the upcoming Warner Bros. sequel.

"I fought really hard to stay in the movie. They didn't want to include me in the film," Heard said Monday while on the stand during her ongoing defamation trial with ex-husband Johnny Depp. 

When asked if she was able to film her role for the upcoming sequel, "Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom," Heard said she performed "a very pared-down version of that role."

"I was given a -script and then given new versions of the -script that had taken away scenes that had action in it that depicted my character and another character — without giving any spoilers away — two characters fighting with one another. They basically took a bunch out of my role. They just removed a bunch out," Heard added of the changes that were made to her role in the sequel.

:applause:

On 5/10/2022 at 7:35 PM, Bosco685 said:

What an even weirder trial as the judge had to take a week off to attend a seminar.

it's happened to me.   and many times a day or two taken off by the judge during a trial week for one reason or another.  it'll p___ you off when you're on a roll...