• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AQUAMAN 2 directed by James Wan (12/16/22)
6 6

934 posts in this topic

On 7/29/2022 at 5:46 AM, RickSp said:

That’s cool if he’s actually in it. Although it’s still hard to tell what’s going on in general between the DC films, it sort of seems like it’s all still connected.

Maybe it’s all making sense behind the scenes and we just don’t know it yet.

James Wan respects Snyder's vision for the DCEU and has said that ZSJL is canon to Aquaman (despite the small revisions to characters/lore). It wouldn't surprise me if Aquaman 2 continued to respect that vision. While I think that Aquaman is just a 'solid' movie, I think that it fits perfectly within the 'Snyderverse'.

On 7/29/2022 at 10:40 AM, kimik said:

Who is Grace Randolph? Seriously, I have no idea who she is.

Popular movie reviewer that for years brought extensive education to moviegoers on how Hollywood works and determines success. To include she used to post spots on how some of Hollywood accounting works.

But over the past few years, she has become quite toxic. And even got into it with James Gunn, Cathy Yan (BOP director) and stars like Jessica Chastain.

Grace_JamesGunn01.jpg.3b3ec94e74834a471b3f9cf7e2fb9910.jpg

BOP01.thumb.jpg.e38a7cd13ca30127b112d5278295335c.jpg

JessicaChastain01.thumb.jpg.b55240707497c9de22c99884bcc18d91.jpg

Ah, so another one of the "those that do, do, and those that don't critique and try to grab attention" types.

If you want to know how things work in Hollywood, follow the money. It is actually quite interesting to see all of the pieces that go into getting projects advanced. 

Edited by kimik

On 7/29/2022 at 1:05 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Batman back? Alright, now get Superman back. And then Cyborg back. And then Zack Snyder back.

Let's get this damn CU back on track.

I thought that Superman was already a certainty.  Could have sworn I read something that Dwayne reached out to Henry for a Black Adam tag. 

On 7/29/2022 at 1:11 PM, Buzzetta said:

I thought that Superman was already a certainty.  Could have sworn I read something that Dwayne reached out to Henry for a Black Adam tag. 

They are being very secretive and non-committal for now on this. Which hopefully means a surprise credit scene lining up the big Superman/Shazam vs Black Adam battle.

On 7/29/2022 at 1:11 PM, Buzzetta said:

I am sure that the latter is true. As for the former; I wish. Top-leadership seems to be invested in Superman, though, so that could be the push that the studio needs to give Cavill the time and money he deserves.

Some brief history on 'the beef': WB wants/wanted Cavill to sign a contract that guaranteed an amount of appearances, but Cavill wants a guarantee that Man of Steel will get a sequel and the appearances won't just be cameos. WB also seemed to be low-balling Cavill just because he's not an A-list actor, however, we all know that Superman is an A-list character.

On 7/29/2022 at 1:18 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I am sure that the latter is true. As for the former; I wish. Top-leadership seems to be invested in Superman, though, so that could be the push that the studio needs to give Cavill the time and money he deserves.

Some brief history on 'the beef': WB wants/wanted Cavill to sign a contract that guaranteed an amount of appearances, but Cavill wants a guarantee that Man of Steel will get a sequel and the appearances won't just be cameos. WB also seemed to be low-balling Cavill just because he's not an A-list actor, however, we all know that Superman is an A-list character.

I mean can you blame the studio in a way?

Dwayne Johnson will “make” Black Adam move the needle, and put him on the map. 

Superman can “make” an actor, move the needle and put them on the map.  Does Henry Cavil get mission impossible and other roles that he did without man of steel?

I don’t really know the answer to that question. 

On 7/29/2022 at 1:24 PM, Buzzetta said:

I mean can you blame the studio in a way?

Dwayne Johnson will “make” Black Adam move the needle, and put him on the map. 

Superman can “make” an actor, move the needle and put them on the map.  Does Henry Cavil get mission impossible and other roles that he did without man of steel?

I don’t really know the answer to that question.

Since Cavill did a great job in his DCEU movies, yes, I do blame the studio. I'm not saying 'give him RDJ money', just sign the guy and give their #1/2 character a sequel. That, or recast him. Just make a definitive move in some direction.